• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

T R O N : P E R F E C T I O N (2022 Quality Update)

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Agreed. This was a great edit, technically flawless. I love the originals, yet this edit improves upon Legacy.

Thank you @Racerx1969 for taking the time to leave a review and I am SO glad you found it a fun edit! Really good to hear the positive reception of the "trimmed Quorra," and its really cool that you noticed emotional narrative beats that I hoped my cuts would not to destroy! This edit was a lot of fun!

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you @altoiddealer for the kind review!! I am super happy that you enjoyed it, sounds like it landed exactly as I hoped!! Woo hoo!

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished a 2022 quality update for this one.

• My original rip from mkv was with Handbrake. I've since gotten very comfortable with Avidmux and tried a re-rip to see if there was a difference. The picture is much better, so I went ahead and rebuilt this edit. Better audio transitions sync beats a bit better with the additional skill I've gained since the first release. Luckily I was able to keep my FX from the first version so I was able to skip all that work.

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
  • My original rip from mkv was with Handbrake. I've since gotten very comfortable with Avidmux and tried a re-rip
You ripped with Handbrake? But then you were rendering twice: once at ripping and again at rendering. I'm glad AviDemux got you sorted!
(MakeMKV is another lossless solution.)

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@lapis molari I think they are using MakeMKV, but instead of using handbrake after the rip, they're now using AVIDemux to change the container vs encoding a new file. Did I understand that correctly @Wakeupkeo ?

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Exactly @DigModiFicaTion

I used to use MakeMKV for my rip from disc, but Premiere doesn't work with MKV files, so I have to convert again, which is where the two programs came into play.

I usually make my masters and proxies at this point. I was stubborn learning AviDemux at first since Handbrake was working, but Tron was a great example of the visual difference. The lighting FX and lens flares were slightly clearer even compared to Handbrake at its highest settings (although that might be a bad thing for some LOL)

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Huh, so AviDemux rips discs? It looked like just a quickie open source processing tool similar to Handbrake. I'll have to take a look at it again. I have a small handful of discs that I haven't been able to rip so far; maybe this one can do it.

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Actually, Avidemux for MKV conversions for me, not actual disc rips.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can you explain to me how .mkv and .mp4 containers handle the streams they contain differently? I thought they were basically interchangeable.

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am definitely not an expert on the differences. But I am an Adobe diehard so until their programs start working with mkvs, I'm stuck.

But the practice allows me to work with proxies, so its probably for the best.

TinyBreadMouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also not an expert, but I believe it comes down to mp4 being designed primarily for webstreaming and playback on portable devices (hence more compression in the container), and being built off of the foundation of the Quicktime file format.

And the main difference with mkv (Matroska is the container, .mkv is the file extension) is that it's open source.

These are things I've picked up from following the updates for MPC-HC

Top Bottom