• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Syncing Problems with Lagarith AVI and 6 mono wav files

TM Productions

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello again. Yes more audio problems. Yippe. I'm having issues with the syncing up of my lagarith avi and my audio. I kept them seperate because I am working with 5.1 surround sound. The frame rate for the video is 23.976 fps and my audio is 48,000 Hz 16 bit. The problem is that when I sync them up at the beginning, by the end they are out of sync again. Is it a frame rate issue or something I'm doing wrong. The files of the audio are not even the same length as the video. I am clueless.

If the video and audio files aren't the same length, something is definitely wrong. Don't know what, however.

Yes, I'm wondering if its the frame rate because I used dgpulldown and did the 23.976 to 23.976 thing, but idk what the original framerate was for the dvd itself.

TM Productions said:
I used dgpulldown and did the 23.976 to 23.976 thing

This might well be your problem. The dgpulldown method only works if your DVD is 100% soft-telecined film material, which is rarely the case. If there is some hard telecined material present, then the audio will be out and your video and audio files will be of different lengths.

Hmm...I've always done that (per boon's guide) and have yet to have this problem.

If the proportion of non-soft-telecined material in your DVD is very small, you might not notice a difference.

Well Im using the deluxe edition of Friday the 13th dvd, so maybe ill just skip that step and see what happens

Captain Khajiit said:
This might well be your problem. The dgpulldown method only works if your DVD is 100% soft-telecined film material, which is rarely the case. If there is some hard telecined material present, then the audio will be out and your video and audio files will be of different lengths.

You were right. The frame rate for the original m2v file was 29 fps while the dgpulldown one was 23 fps. That would also explain why the video was so choppy.

Captain Khajiit! Yeah! Seems like I haven't seen you around much lately. Who will field these DVD questions if not you?

TM Productions said:
You were right. The frame rate for the original m2v file was 29 fps while the dgpulldown one was 23 fps. That would also explain why the video was so choppy.

no that's not exactly what he was saying... DVD is a bit tricky. As long as you can get it to work though, good enough for now.

geminigod said:
Seems like I haven't seen you around much lately.

I've been busy with work and a couple of custom projects, but I do look in to see what has been happening.

@TM Productions

Geminigod is right. That was not exactly what I meant. I shall send you a PM.

You guys are so helpful!! Thanks for the message Captain. Looks like I'm back to converting today lol :D

Back
Top Bottom