• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Swordfish: The Serrated Cut

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Swordfish: The Serrated Cut

swordfishpromo2.jpg

The simple premise for this edit was to move most of the beginning scenes (hostage explosion) to the end and remove the, in my opinion ridiculous, bus carried by copter finale, along with a few over the top moments littered through the film. Also, now incorporated into the film, is an ambiguous ending.

In total I have trimmed 18 minutes from the film. With the credits running 6 minutes, in effect, it gives us a lean running time of 75 minutes.

DVD Details

Serrated Cut of the film, running 81 Minutes (approx)
16:9 Widescreen NTSC
English Dolby Digital 5.1
Chapter Selection (With chapter motion)

Bonus Features

Swordfish Recipes (5 Mouth watering recipes!!)
Inside the mind of a fan editor ('Swordfish' Express)

.... > Note About 'Swordfish' Express and the decisions made
.... > 'Swordfish' Express (12 minute version of Swordfish, which is basically the bank heist, with an alternate ending)

Maybe downloadable from info

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Swordfish had potential, but it will be hard to salvage. I am looking forward to seeing that one.

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree, and its possibly imposible to salvage completely. The way it is filmed is so over the top throughout most of it.........

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you are the first one to actually dare this edit. It has been in the talks for a long time.

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Progress being made.

Intended bonus feature: Swordfish Recipes from around the world! :)

PAN-ROASTED%20SWORDFISH%20STEAKS%20WITH%20MIXED-PEPPERCORN%20BUTTER.png

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Project complete.

What kind of fanedit (true fanedit = TF, extended edition = EE, special collection & preservation = SP): TF

Original film name : Swordfish
New film name : Swordfish: The Serrated Cut
Film studio name : Warner Brothers
Edit crew name : Zebedee
Date Original Film Was Released : 2001
Date Edit Was Released : 2007
Original Runtime : 99 minutes approx
New Runtime : 81 minutes approx
Amount of time Cut/Added : 18 minutes cut

Cuts removed/added/extended : The simple premise for this edit was to move most of the beginning scenes (hostage explosion) to the end and remove the, in my opinion ridiculous, bus carried by copter finale, along with a few over the top moments littered through the film. Also, now incorporated into the film, is an ambiguous ending

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information): 16:9 Widescreen NTSC, English 5.1 Dolby Digital, Chapter Selection, Bonus Features - Swordfish Recipes (5 mouth watering recipes to cater for all culinary tastes!!), Swordfish Express (Swordfish in 12 minutes, Just the bank heist with a look at an early idea at an ending from the fan editor)

Your intention for this fanedit: Simple really, to make me want to watch the film again as it has simply been collecting dust since I last watched it, years ago. To be honest, whether or not that has been achieved is debatable....... :D

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit): DVD Decrypter, Womble, TMPGEnc

Time needed for the edition: 1 week

Persons involved: 1

Additional information links: IMDB link - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244244/

Now I wont be in a position to upload this one for a while, a) due to bandwidth issues and b) because I am currently still seeding The Thin Red Line: Abridged Edition. So, I am happy to send out some copies to whoever might want one (within Europe).

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I volunteer. But your perfect addre4ss might be AvP, who lives in the UK too.

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dont mind sending out to more than one person, PM me your address Boon and I'll get it sent out today.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
3d_swordfish_serrated_cover_by_boon23.jpg

first I had some totally different images for this.. but then this idea grew on me, so here is the cover art for this edit, which I am looking very forward to watching it.

Zebedee

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic cover boon!

You put allot of studio cover designers to shame. I am specifically looking at EIV from the UK when I say that!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow, thanx a lot. If you like it, I am happy. :)

Top Bottom