• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Swept Away, Vintage Edition

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVDPREVIEW5c0.jpg

SWEPT AWAY, VINTAGE EDITION by Dr. Sapirstein
IMDB : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0291502/
Type of edit : True fan-edit
Original release date : October 2002
Fan edit release date : March 2011
Original run time : 90 min
Cut : 30 min
Added : 13 min
New run time : 73 min

My intent making this edit was to transform Guy Ritchie̢۪s notoriously lame flick into a much better, shorter film, bringing the subject and tone closer to the original 1974 film it̢۪s based on. I heightened the politically incorrect violence towards the main female character (played by an infamously wooden Madonna), and expurgated most of the useless cheesy dialogue, cartoonish scenes, and plot lines. The story is now more concise and straight to the point. The overall look has also been altered to make it look more like an exploitation flick from the 70s. The soundtrack has also been reworked.

Too many to list (over 200 editing points). Some scenes were completely cut, some were just trimmed while all but one of the deleted scenes were re-inserted. A few shots from the 1974 original by Lina Wertmuller were also inserted. Sound effects and musical cues were added and additional songs incorporated.

- VIDEO: color / 2pass VBR 6200k
- AUDIO: Dolby Digital 2.0 448k
- LANGUAGE: English
- MENU: yes
- SUBTITLES: no
- DVD EXTRAS:
* Camcorder footage from the set in Sardinia, shot by tourists (7 min, 4:3)
* Web commercial for BMW by Guy Ritchie (7 min, 16:9)
* A Madonna video directed by G. Ritchie (5 min, 16:9)
* note: none of these extras are commercially available as such, if at all.

- All but one of the deleted scenes from the G. Ritchie film
- The Varese/Sarabande CD of the 2002 soundtrack by M. Colombier
- Additional music, songs and sound effects from various sources

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1F0QLCNA/SA_VE_artwrk.rar_links
or here: http://www.multiupload.com/2UDH7UPCBX
or here: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/LTEAIKO7/SA_VE_artwrk_0.rar_links
or here: http://qooy.com/files/0NJ6BOZWW6/VE_artwrk.rar

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love these Vintage/Grindhouse edits. I know ALOT of people are tired if them but I never get tired of them

I am eagerly awaiting the next film you choose :D

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JJE-187 said:
I love these Vintage/Grindhouse edits. I know ALOT of people are tired if them but I never get tired of them.
Speaking for myself but possibly others, I'm not tired of grindhouse edits. I'm tired of your constant asking for EVERYTHING to be grindhoused.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Speaking for myself but possibly others, I'm not tired of grindhouse edits. I'm tired of your constant asking for EVERYTHING to be grindhoused.

not just speaking for yourself here...

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I didn't want to speak for you without permission first ;)

Also...
JJE-187 said:
I love these Vintage/Grindhouse edits. I know ALOT of people are tired if them but I never get tired of them

ALOT2.png

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
AHHHH it looks just like me. I have no idea why i have a weird guy in a red shirt on my back but I believe that photo was taken at my last family reunion :D

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wouldn't consider this a Grindhouse edition. Hence the name, "vintage edition" - there was no need for the G word. The main point was to edit this movie in order to make it better and more coherent. The "vintage" look thing came second, as it simply fits very well the scenery and the great photography and look of the film, the clothes, and mostly, the very subject of the film! I'll be the first to say I'm sick of seeing just about anything "grindhoused" when it barely serves any purpose to the film itself.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks Interesting, Youve Been Very Busy Editing, Keep Them Coming!

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know thsi isnt a "G" edit: you would have put it in the title if it was. I just usually lump Explotation into the grindhouse category. Someone could even do a Drive-In edit and it would still be called Grindhouse.

I just like films that are altered resemble films from a by-gone era like the Vintage Editions that i believe Geeko did and then the good Dr. Saperstien's Phantom of the Opera 1920's edition. They are not grindhosue or explotation. I think i might step out of this convo so as not to incite a riot between editors on here about Grindhouse edits.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JJE-187 said:
I think i might step out of this convo so as not to incite a riot between editors on here about Grindhouse edits.

Is it possible for you to have a conversation, without mentioning grindhouse?

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Official Release Dates have been pushed from the first Monday of each week to the first Tuesday, so this should be seen on .info on Tuesday March 15.

Top Bottom