• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was standing in a room with a woman. The white walls were empty, blank save for blue light which created a gradient effect upon them. The woman was a lovely brunette, with long hair which trailed down her back. She was wearing a gray bathrobe. Loosening her robe, she let it down about her shoulders, exposing them to me. Leaning in close, I began kissing her graceful back and shoulders, slowly, tenderly.

Then I was suddenly in my basement. A man I didn't recognize was putting a damp, sausage-shaped pillow up on a line to dry. He told me the pillow represented loneliness and longing.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What follows is a fragment from a larger dream which, true to my luck, is mostly a blur now.

I was watching a deleted scene from There Will Be Blood. Daniel Day-Lewis' character had sent his son down into a great deep lake without diving gear to build his lung capacity. At the bottom of the lake was a submerged palace. While exploring inside, the kid encountered a mermaid. She was about his age, friendly, with black hair and a pretty smile. I think she had dark brown, almost black eyes and webbed hands, but I may be misremembering.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A rather stupid, pointless dream to relate, but last night I dreamt I was watching the local news. It wasn't new news; it was a broadcast from the '90s.

God, this lousy rotten year has left me so nostalgic for the past that I'm dreaming about three-decade-old news broadcasts now.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don’t remember hardly anything, except that whatever I dreamt about last night involved Stryfe, the ‘90s X-Men villain.

Why did I dream about STRYFE‽

460565-stryfe_01_super.jpg

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My ability to recall dreams has really gone to shit this year. For example, I had this really interesting dream not long ago; Milla Jovovich was in it*. But damned if I can recall a single detail. :mad:

*No, it wasn't an erotic dream.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The other day I dreamt about being inside a better backstory version of Pirates of the Caribbean 5. No bermuda triangle stuff In it for some reason Salazar was not ghostly but rather had chains melded in his neck and said “it was Sparrow who did this to me”. When he took them out they were very bloody. Then he said he made a deal with Calypso to survive his injuries. I suppose now he lived with the pain forever because he was about to die before. Was very interesting.

Now that I think about it, I remember the dream began in class where I made a plan with friends (not anyone I actually know though, just random people, classmates my mind generated. I dunno) to meet at a fish restaurant or something, then I went from bus to bus and walked around trying to find the place, but ended up lost and found myself in a bay. Then I went to sea for some reason (I may have found my friends there? Can’t remember) and that’s how I ended up in Pirates of the Caribbean 5.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had a dream the other day where I went to a movie theater (not one I've been to in real life, the design was completely fabricated). I paid 35 dollars to see a movie that I thought was going to be a new Spawn movie, but was instead a special showing of an old James Bond movie. I remember someone mentioning that it was "the one after The Living Daylights," though it definitely wasn't Liscense to Kill. The video quality was poor, the colors resembled a very early color film, it's hard to describe. Like, not a whole lot of colors, providing not great detail, but the colors that were there were distinct. The James Bond actor sort of resembled a cross between Dalton and Brosnan. I remember at one point he was wearing a wetsuit and laughing, standing on a boat.
Inside the theater there were lights rather than being dark, and the movie was being projected on a much smaller screen than typical movie theaters. I think I met up with my older sibling there.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some good news and some bad news.

The good news: in the past two nights, I've had dreams which I'm been able to recall in fine detail. This is the best I've dreamed in a year.

The bad news: I forgot last night's dream. :mad: I remembered it just fine after waking up, but I went too long without recording it. Maybe I'll get lucky and remember it, but right now I don't recall a single solitary detail, so my chances aren't good.  :(

That dream from the night before:

I travelled back in time to 1981. Somehow, my arrival in 1981 had a ripple effect which altered history before that year, 'cause I found the 1981 I was in different from the one of the history books. Return of the Jedi had already been filmed and released; Pepsi came in bulbous, peanut-shaped bottles; and global warming had already reached 2020-level severity. For some reason, my physical form kept oscillating between that of Marty and Lorraine McFly.

The dream realigned. I was still in 1981, but I was in my own body and my mother was with me. We were walking through the crowded streets of a big city like Vancouver or Toronto, followed by an Indian woman who was literally just a head with two feet. We tried to lose the walking head in the crowd, but she kept right behind us, demanding my mother give her her clothes, so my mother kept stripping off articles of clothing and tossing them behind her.

The dream realigned again. Now I was now in my hometown, in the late '80s/early '90s. The landmarks were different, in keeping with being in the past, though the architecture recalled the '50s rather than the '80s, with lots of neon-fronted shops. Then I slipped further back in time, to the 1880s. The landmarks were really different now, the architecture looking straight out of Oz, with emerald green buildings. Where the local high school stands in the present day, there was a train station in this 19th century dreamscape; beyond it, where there are simply trees and hills in real life, was a sprawling seacoast.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In this dream, I struck up a conversation with a girl I had just met. She wore blue jeans and a pale gray t-shirt with dark red lettering on the front. She was a couple years older than I, with long waist-length black/dark brown hair, and quite lovely; she looked a bit like Crystal Gayle, actually, though her eyebrows weren't quite so arched and her eyes a less intense blue. She was new in town, and she inquired about good colleges/universities in the area. Sheepish, I admitted I had no post-secondary education and so wasn't the most knowledgeable on the subject. She smiled and told me I was cute. I was touched, as no girl has ever complimented me on my looks.

At some point in the dream, I was either playing Star Fox on the SNES or was physically in the game. Either way, a variant of the "Out of this Dimension" stage was involved.

At another point in the dream, I was in the auditorium of a local college/university. Seated on the stage were two girls. One was a very tall, broad-shouldered, quite attractive redhead who wore her hair up. Beside her was a shorter, more slender blonde who wore her frizzy hair loose. I recognized both as students from my high school, both in grades higher than mine, who I was familiar with but had never actually been introduced to.

I was walking home when I came across a pack of apes and ape/dog hybrids who were smuggling loaves of bread. They attacked, latching onto and biting me (the bites were painful, though they didn't manage to break the skin). As I lurched in through the threshold of my home, I found my parents entertaining guests, who just so happened to be the masters of these animals. Using a combination of whistles and sign language, they tried to call them off, but the desired result was nonforthcoming. I soon freed myself of the brutes. One of the guests apologized for the creatures' behaviour. In a foul mood, I basically told him to go fuck himself. As this was going down, Jordan Peterson was present, holding a lecture in my home. Still surly, of no mind to passively absorb his reactionary tripe, I essentially called him a double-talkin' jive motherfucker. Insulted, he left.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I died. My body actually became my ghost though, so to the living it appeared to disappear. As soon as I died, most people forgot me, including my family, with the exception of my mother, though she was unfazed by my death as her memory of me allowed her to interact with my ghost-self directly, until eventually she forgot me too. I lingered, haunting the house, just to try to be noticed. My haunting was more like mild annoyance, though. I unplugged things, I left the shower running, I don’t remember what else.

There was a funeral for me, but it was open casket, and the casket was empty since my body no longer existed in the corporeal realm, and nobody there even knew whose funeral it was supposed to be. But ghost-me was tired so I took a nap in my empty casket.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had a dream where I was trying to show my favorite Sealab 2021 episode to a friend of mine, and she didn't find it funny at all.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I apologize for this post. I posted it after a dream I had and meant to share it in the thread, but I didn't mean to be out of line or bother anyone with it, I rant sometimes and shouldn't post when I rant, I didn't mean to bother anyone I just wanted to join in the thread and be apart of the community I guess, but I didn't mean to bother anyone, I apologize.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dreamt that i was the new santa claus, but instead of a reindeer-pulled sleigh i had a really ugly car from like 2005 but it could fly, and also i didnt even have to bother to hit every house, it was more “try to hit 2-3 houses in every time zone to prove you exist”

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am sorry if this post was out of line, I like this thread and just wanted to join in, I didn't mean to bother anyone. Please don't be mad at me.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had a pretty wild dream last night. It was like The Evil Dead meets The Thing, complete with enchanted cooking utensils empowered by faith. I wish I could provide a better synposis than that, but it was a dream with a rather complex (convoluted?) narrative, and I don't remember enough details, unfortunately.

This is why I wish we had dream recording technology.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The following's a fragment of a larger dream I no longer remember.

I met a girl. She was big — tall, taller than I, and voluptuous, with a huge, round ... kitty. Unfortunately for me, she was homosexual/homoflexible (she was using deliberately obscurant metaphors, so I couldn't figure out which). In either case, her attraction to the opposite sex was marginal, and her attraction to me nonexistent.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had a weird af dream, but I can't seem to remember it. Damn.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't remember the plot of my dream last night, but there's a couple of details.
At one point, at some sort of fair, Johnny Storm (played by Chris Evans) was blowing up watermelons, they'd split in half with the inside mostly missing, and was giving them away, it was some sort of charity event I think. I believe I was walking around the fair in search of food, without any money, and I got part of his exploded watermelon to eat.

Another detail, there were Kaminoans in The Rise of Skywalker.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV reporters said that a several-years-old cold case had just been solved. Someone was murdered in his house, apparently by a group of hitmen called by his neighbor. After hearing about it, I became this victim, suddenly alive again and talking to the neighbor that had me killed. She was of course deeply apologetic, and cried a lot, but despite my asking, she never did tell me why she had me killed.

I was back on the day of the murder. Knowing it was coming, I ran. When I was caught, it started over, and I had to try to run a different way. This happened a few times until I woke up.

Top Bottom