• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last night I dreamt that Slavoj Žižek, who apparently created the Mega Man games, wanted to burn all of Africa.  It was a pretty contentious topic of debate here in the U. S. whether he should be allowed to do so.  "Fuck 'em" seemed to be a common sentiment, sadly.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yesterday morning, I had a dream in which I was watching a fan film (or trailer for one) that utilized digitally altered footage from the original Star Trek series (mostly of William Shatner and Ricardo Montalban). It featured a voiceover by Khan. I will try to recount as close as I can the exact words from the dream, but I may be slightly misremembering a few. Still, the gist is intact.

At the beginning, Kirk seemed to be trapped in some sort of room, and was wearing an odd yellowish outfit with red lines around his collar and down his chest. Khan (who was shown via manipulated footage from "Space Seed") was talking to him over some sort of intercom, and said, "You may have fooled me yesterday, but you don't fool me today." (This was apparently taking place a mere day after Kirk marooned Khan.) Kirk then appeared to be anxious and desperate to escape.

Khan went on to say, "Thanks to [I can't remember the name he used, but in my dream I sensed that I was meant to be Marla McGivers, even though he used a different name], I now have the tool for my vengeance." The video then showed a glistening, silverly-gray Lovecraftian alien creature that looked like a cross between a fish-man and a shoggoth. It had fish-like features such as fins and started with a vaguely humanoid shape, but also grew in a blob-like, bubbly fashion, spreading rapidly over the surface of Ceti Alpha V (which looked sort of like Mars, but more yellow than red). As it spread, it continued to sprout fins and vaguely humanoid heads. The implication was that McGivers (or whatever her new name was) had turned into this creature. Khan then went on to say, "I will defile this whole world with her!" The creature continued to grow exponentially, engulfing large portions of the planet. 

Then, from behind a hill made of the creature, came flying a huge, Smaug-like dragon (seemingly born out of the creature). As the dragon flew toward a medieval fortified city, Khan's voice rose to a booming crescendo as he proclaimed, "By Grabthar's hammer, by the Sons of Warvan, I shall wreak vengeance on Thor!" Then, armies of trolls (most of which looked like Gamorreans) stormed toward 18th-century Paris under a dark, reddish sky (briefly stopping at a lowered drawbridge that led into the city) and said something to the effect that they were to destroy the city on orders from Khan and that similar armies were attacking every city in the world. Then, unfortunately, I woke up.

Now I sort of want to see the whole movie.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't really been sleeping well lately.  I've been having dreams where the two local friends I've severed ties with keep telling me that it would be best to move on.  Clearly I'm having trouble with that.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dreamt last night that Alien was actually shot 1.85:1 like Aliens instead of the actual 2.35:1 and it's been messing with my head all morning.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Dreamt last night that Alien was actually shot 1.85:1 like Aliens instead of the actual 2.35:1 and it's been messing with my head all morning.

Now you know why I detest the many-worlds interpretation of quantum physics.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the near-future, the end-times came upon us. The human birth rate had fallen to zero, and the souls of the dead were not permitted to pass into the afterlife; they remained tethered to their decaying bodies, intelligent zombies which maintained an uneasy, sometimes hostile co-existence with the living population.

Marty McFly had developed an addiction to pizza; he ate multiple slices of pizza multiple times a day everyday until he became obese. Once he died of heart disease and became a zombie, he continued eating pizza — old, dry, mouldy pizza topped with human skin.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fragments from my last two dreams:

1. Ray Liotta was an uncle of mine. He was a devotee of Neil deGrasse Tyson and an admirer of Trump. He said he admired Trump for his "honesty". Also, he was an asshole.

2. The property I live on appeared in a horror film shot in the '30s. The backyard was decorated to appear as a graveyard; in it stood a version of this statue

[img=618x449]https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mGx_MNwC...00/Grim+Reaper+statue+at+grave+yard.JPG[/img]

with a Ghostface head.

250px-Ghostface.jpg

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dreamt that I watched alternate cuts of the Burton Batfilms which had been re-edited to better conform with the Schumacher films. Not only had a mention of the Riddler been inserted in Batman '89, but a new scene with Dick Grayson had been placed in Batman Returns; he was Vicki Vale's new boyfriend, and he was shown driving a shape-changing holographic car.

The dream ended on a mortifying note. In a Returns post-credits scene, the soul of the Penguin — reduced back to infancy, back in his gothic baby carriage — was sailing down the River Styx. As his androgynous soul made its voyage along those brown waters, the disembodied spectral head of Tim Curry materialized over it. Looming large over the carriage, Tim Curry's disembodied head metamorphosed into the disembodied head of Pennywise the Clown, complete with large, burning red eyes. Looking directly at the viewer, me, he showed a ghastly grin of sharpened teeth. For several seconds I had no choice but to stare back into those hideous eyes before I forced myself awake.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was gonna post this earlier today, but forgot to. Thankfully, I haven't forgotten the general details of this dream.

In a big city, amidst traffic, a work crew was excavating the street. Having broke through the asphalt, they uncovered in the underlying earth what were assumed to be a number of fossilized angel skeletons.

angel_bones.jpg

(Obvious influence, was Obvious.)

Right away I could tell these weren't the remains of real angels — the skulls were exaggerated, the skeletal structure cartoonishly simple — yet for reasons I couldn't fathom, everyone believed these to be genuine angel fossils.

The dream switched gears, and I found myself watching a woman as she rose from a sea of blue paint. She was Hispanic or Latina, and incredibly voluptuous (due, in part, to silicone). I felt my antipodean blood pressure rising. But as the paint ran off her body, I could see she was covered in tattoos. There were tattoos running down her arms; four large tattoos on her back; several tattoos on her backside. Since I find heavily tattooed women gross, my carbonated soda went quickly flat.

What follows is fragmentary, imperfectly recalled.

I was in the hallway of a shabby motel/hotel. An oldtimer (man, woman, don't recall which) had accidentally dropped some cash. Some fugly punks — one of whom reminded me of Lil Wayne — tried to steal the money. I scooped it up before they could snatch it and took off. Through the turning, twisting corridors I ran, trying to catch up to the oldtimer, to outpace the punks.

I don't recall the intervening details, but I eventually found myself inside a clean, upscale bar/restaurant. Now I was an old man. I was seated at a table, and seated with me at the table was ... Somebody™. I was led to believe that by passing the oldtimer's money over to Somebody™, the oldtimer would get their money back in due course. As I exchanged the money, however, Somebody™ gave me a cheque in return. I then realized Somebody™ was in cahoots with the punks I'd met earlier, that he was paying me for stolen money (dream logic, amirite?) Billy Dee Williams, who was working there as a server, carrying a platter laden with hors d'oeuvres stuck with fondue forks, happened to witness this transaction. Incensed, he took the fondue forks and attacked Somebody™ and his punk cronies, stabbing them with the forks.

I recall the tattooed bimbo making a brief, unremarkable reappearance. I held a mental debate with myself on the pros & cons of making a weiner-taco with her. Then the dream ended.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dreamt that I dropped and lost my wallet in a river of exactly identical wallets.

zGUCj45.jpg

A whole river made of this exact wallet.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If all those wallets have cash inside, I don't see the problem.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
If all those wallets have cash inside, I don't see the problem.

They didn’t all have my debit card, driver’s license, school ID, gym membership card, etc. they just looked the same on the outside.

Possessed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not to mention possible employee ids, pictures of loved ones etc

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Myself and some friends of mine were killed, and reincarnated into, essentially, ourselves. We had our memories, and many were aware of that fact, but had to live as 8-10 year old children again anyway. There are worse fates.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Myself and some friends of mine were killed, and reincarnated into, essentially, ourselves. We had our memories, and many were aware of that fact, but had to live as 8-10 year old children again anyway. There are worse fates.

PisNX48TT9waYx5023YwVkH247I=.gif

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since visiting an abandoned cemetery in April, I have occasional dreams incorporating abandoned cemetery imagery. Last night I dreamed a large old Chinese cemetery bordered an underground Chinese university.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was taking a casual stroll, minding my own business, bothering nobody, when I crossed paths with a Greek sphinx. She gave me a friendly smile, then proceeded to attack me. I took off running to get away from the sphinx; she was incredibly swift, so I really had to pump those calves to keep ahead of her.

Soon I came to a tall flight of dirt steps which led to a Greek temple. I ran up those dirt steps, telling myself not to look back, that if I looked back, I'd see the sphinx right behind me, falter from fear, and be swiftly overtaken, so I forced myself to keep looking ahead. Unbeknownst to me, the sphinx had circled around, and before I could reach the temple, she was before me, rearing her legs up, ready to take me down with her claws. I tried warding her off with a baseball bat, but she was too massive and powerful; I was dead meat.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had a dream (nightmare, maybe) in which I was living in a cult compound where I was told taking showers before marriage was sin. As was drinking coffee before marriage. There were comic books laying around for casual reading, but they were all drawn by that shithead-and-not-even-good-artist Ethan van Sciver.

Top Bottom