• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Swamp Thing

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I find the whole DC UNIVERSE Streaming Service to be a questionable endeavour so far....

Is it a good business model to build a Comic Book Channel whose original content is all adult R-Rated?

TITANS was so uneven.  Definitely not subscription worthy.  And why make A-List Heroes R-rated?

DOOM PATROL is quirky and fairly true to it's Vertigo incarnation, so I guess it deserves it's Mature rating, but I am so exhausted with it's obsessive over use of the F-Bomb.  Again, by itself, not subscription worthy.

And now SWAMP THING, another dark, horror-style series.  A series that was shut down midway through production, and did not complete it's episode run.  That can not be a good sign.

I dunno what DC Comics is thinking?  You would think the service would want to attract a more all ages audience?  Offer original programming for a wider range of viewers?  Maybe STAR GIRL will fit that role?

But so far, extra extreme violence, nudity, sex and bad language, do not make a better super hero show.

I just can not wait until they have SUPERMAN rip some villain's head off and say "F-You Luthor!" :dodgy:

In the meantime, I think I will stick with my Arrowverse shows LOL.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can see why this show has already been cancelled.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was cancelled between OPs post yesterday and yours today???

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Mountbatten-Windsor said:
It was cancelled between OPs post yesterday and yours today???

It was revealed earlier this month that the production was ending early, with less episodes shot than had been originally planned, and some reshoots in order to wrap the season up after a shorter number of episodes. The general assumption was that this meant that the series was being cancelled, with no chance for a second season.

‘Swamp Thing’ Shuts Down Early as One Cast Member Suggests a Troubled Production [Updated] - Slashfilm

However, James Wan claims that the series hasn't been cancelled, saying that the reason that the season was cut down from 13 episodes to only 10 was for creative reasons.

Swamp Thing TV show "not cancelled" as first trailer is released - Digital Spy

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Although I've been aware of the behind-the-scenes shenanigans of this show for a while now, I'm just gonna look on it as being a 10 episode 'mini-series' instead. :)

I'm liking the suitably atmospheric vibe to it's settings overall, and while there may not be a lot of (intentional)  laughs in this, I'm hoping for some entertaining big dumb fun along the way with it.  Oh, and Virginia Madsen stars in it, along with an appearance by Adrienne Barbeau at some point, so that's another two good reasons for me to catch this at some poiint. :)

It seems that the final episode is being rewritten to allow for a 'satisfying conclusion' to what was originally planned supposedly, so we'll see.  And hopefully Brian Tyler's music ends up adding to the overall creep factor, rather than detracting from it.

Hopefully it will end up on Netflix eventually, as DC's streaming channel isn't even available here in the U.K. to begin with.

Anyway, here's the latest trailer for it, which reveals a LOT more of the set-up, for those not bothered about spoilers -

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I read the comments section of that article, and someone linked to a Twitter thread by entertainment journalist John Gholson that claims that the reason for the show's cancellation is a tax incentive mixup in North Carolina (where the show was filmed). The thread is interesting and includes links to documentation that seems to back up its claims.

Here's the thread:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
lcxyE0D.gif

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:

Was this GIF in reference to the show or the link that I shared? I initially assumed the former, but I just now clicked on the link again, and it didn't work (leading me to believe the latter). Either way, I found a different (and working) url to the thread and updated my post with it.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was definitely referring to the quickness of cancellation. That's funny though that the url became a 404, maybe the gif caused that...

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched the first two episodes... and actually liked it!!!   :p

Easily better than TITANS.   And not weird just for weirdness sake like DOOM PATROL.

Figures, this is the one DC would cancel.   :dodgy:

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Easily better than TITANS.   And not weird just for weirdness sake like DOOM PATROL.

Figures, this is the one DC would cancel.   :dodgy:

I think that the biggest reason that "Swamp Thing" is so much better than most recent DC shows is that it's not produced by Greg Berlanti. Berlanti's DC shows are always either significantly flawed or downright bad sooner or later (if not at the beginning, then after a season or two).

Top Bottom