• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

SW: Shadows of the Old Republic (v2) - AVI Now Available

All the edits/cuts are in place and the only thing left to do on the V2 cut is a little bit of compositing work. I've also tweaked some of the dialogue of the Analysist droid from the previous video as a few sentences didn't really sound right (I'll probably upload an updated video preview of the scene sometime tomorrow).

Hopefully, I'll be able to start rendering the DVD files tomorrow and upload the AVI version of the V2 cut either on Friday or Saturday.

To break the new Episode/Chapter runtime down:

Total Runtime
146 minutes (was originally 150 minutes)

EP1
23 minutes (was originally 24 minutes)

EP2
31 minutes (was originally 30 minutes)

EP3
92 minutes (was originally 96 minutes)

And I've been slightly delayed in rendering the mpv video file, as there's still a scene in EP1 where I'm trying to composite young Anakin out of the shot (either that or I need to use the HD version of EP1 and crop Anakin out of the scene).

I'm also checking into and experimenting with a plugin that mrbenja0618 tuned me into called "Neat Video" which is suppose to be excellent for removing video noise (I'm playing around bit with EP1 to see how much of the film grain I can remove and still keep the video clear and vivid).

sorry to take so long to respond! the power supply on my comp died and the other com,puter i was using would sign me out as soon as i would sign in for some strange reason :p

those new samples look good! i agree with the tweak to the analysis droid dialoge.

the editing is great. damn you for making this watchable! >_>

the only sng is sometimes when an edit transpires the dialogue is overwhelmed by music.

this happens to padame in the first sample, the droid in the second sample and a few other places ...

the actual edits are great though. adding yodas line about dooku is great.

so- that scene with palpatine and the queen before they go to the senate.. i dont suppose there is a way to edit the dialogue so it sounds like hes using the jedi mind trick on her eh?

maybe something like:

palpatine: blah blah blah... call for a vote of no confidence
wooden queen: call for a vote of no confidence

looking forward to seeing this when its finished!

The V2 has been delayed a bit, but I'm still working on finishing this edit first before my other fanedit projects.

New Edit (possibly)
Since I now have an HD version of EP1, I'm now looking into the possiblity including the scenes of Qui-Gon's funeral and using the HD video to crop out and remove young Anakin from the shots.

JasonN said:
The V2 has been delayed a bit, but I'm still working on finishing this edit first before my other fanedit projects.

New Edit (possibly)
Since I now have an HD version of EP1, I'm now looking into the possiblity including the scenes of Qui-Gon's funeral and using the HD video to crop out and remove young Anakin from the shots.

A delay would be more than made up for if you could do that. I think it's an excellent idea. :)

Captain Khajiit said:
JasonN said:

New Edit (possibly)

A delay would be more than made up for if you could do that. I think it's an excellent idea. :)

Seconded. The funeral itself was pretty effective from an atmospheric point of view, and would be even more so without Little Orphan Ani :wink:

Despite the HD footage, Anakin is still pretty visible the video of the "Qui-Gon funeral" sequence (cropping it too much would lose Obi-Wan from the shots or it would decrease the quality of the video), so I think I'm gonna end up compositing Anakin out of the scenes in the end.

I'll let you all know how it turns out when I finish the final composited sequence.

It's been a while since I've posted any updates - the V2 cut is nearly 99% finalized, with just a few odds and ends that need to be tweaked before it's complete. I'm hoping (emphasis on the word "hope") to finish the edit up and to release it's AVI version by this Monday (or Tuesday at the latest).

Here's a new video preview of Qui-Gon's funeral sequence (without Anakin in the scene) and the transition from the EP1 chapter of the story to the EP2 chapter:

That's very smooth, Jasonn. Your work on that scene looks very impressive.

It must have been tricky to do, so you must be pleased. I shall look forward to the AVI.

Very nice scene Jasonn, look forward to viewing the finished edit.

Captain Khajiit said:

It must have been tricky to do, so you must be pleased. I shall look forward to the AVI.
AVI? Boooooo! That's why I never watched v1.

;)

yeah, but JasonN is the avi first man. There will be a DVD later, you just have to be patient.

TV's Frink said:
Captain Khajiit said:

;)[/quote:l2zkrsm7]
I've generally found that it's better to release an AVI version first before a DVD version, since it gives people a chance to view the edit without needing to download 4GB+ over the internet only to find out that they don't like it. :p
(plus I'll need some time to work on the DVD menus)

TV's Frink said:

Boon is right. A DVD will come, if you must have a shiny spinning disc. :smile:

TV's Frink, have you checked to see if your blu-ray player will play Divx/Xvid? It might do, and then you could watch AVI previews too. I agree with Jasonn: previews are a really good idea.

Oops - I knew all this, I was just making a joke that didn't translate well.

I have news, but unfortunately, it's not good.

I can't upload to RS AT ALL.... for the last 5-6 days, I've been trying like hell to upload the AVI release of SOTOR v2 and have been having NO luck whatsoever to get files online. The RS Uploader software, which I've been using for a while now, refuses to upload any file to my RS account - any file that I add to the Upload Queue automatically aborts as soon as it's placed in the Queue. I've also tried uploading files through the RS website directly, but it just "pretends" to upload the file for several minutes before aborting these uploads as well. In short, I'm completely cut off from RS currently.

So that leaves me with a bit of a dilemma right now: I don't want to mail just the AVI version of SOTOR v2 to another member for RS upload - I want to send the full DVD-9 version of SOTOR as well, along with the v2 DVD-9s of Twilight of the Republic and The Black Knight Rises edits (and before TV Frink asks it, yes, the v2 DVD of TBKR will have a few new cuts/edits, which I came up with while doing the EP3 portion of SOTOR v2).

So for right now (unless RS decides to play nice soon), everyone will have to wait a while longer to watch the v2 cut of SOTOR until I get the DVD release finished and send it to another forum member to upload online.

That's unfortunate. I take it you've tried RS's own RS Manager? That's what I use, although it's always slow whenever I try to upload something.

I hope you solve your problem soon, Jasonn. I am reallly in the mood to watch Star Wars at the moment, so I shall enjoy this whenever it is uploaded. How big is it?

JasonN said:
So that leaves me with a bit of a dilemma right now: I don't want to mail just the AVI version of SOTOR v2 to another member for RS upload - I want to send the full DVD-9 version of SOTOR as well, along with the v2 DVD-9s of Twilight of the Republic and The Black Knight Rises edits (and before TV Frink asks it, yes, the v2 DVD of TBKR will have a few new cuts/edits, which I came up with while doing the EP3 portion of SOTOR v2).

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Nooooooooooo! I was done! Damn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

:wink:

In all seriousness, it seems like some people have been using Megaupload lately. Is that an option?

Captain Khajiit said:
That's unfortunate. I take it you've tried RS's own RS Manager? That's what I use, although it's always slow whenever I try to upload something.

I hope you solve your problem soon, Jasonn. I am reallly in the mood to watch Star Wars at the moment, so I shall enjoy this whenever it is uploaded. How big is it?
I've tried uploading through the RS site and using both RS Uploader and RS Manager softwares:
- the RS website starts uploading for several minutes, then automatically cancels out and aborts the upload
- RS Uploader outright refuses to upload any file, immediately aborting as soon as I add the file in the upload queue (which is incredibly odd, considering that a week before it perfectly uploaded every rar file of my Pulse: RTR edit)
- RS Manager does actually try to upload files... ranging from the blistering speed of 256 B/S and nothing :|

As for the file size, it's a 1.4GB avi encoded with XVID and the film runs at 2 hours and 27 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom