• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW : Episodes 7-9 "Rey Nobody" Sequel Trilogy Edit

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fair and honest criticism from @yoshif8tures, thank you.

Appreciate the points on the technical side of thing. Clearly my artistic efforts to save the sequel trilogy however did not work for many viewers. Reality checks are always good for managing ego LOL

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My issue with yoshif8tures's review is that he has a preconceived dislike for the prequel trilogy and wouldn't be happy except for anything but the impossible. I wish reviewers would keep in mind that you can only work with the footage you have.

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks @badsred for the extremely complimentary review, albeit a negative one! I appreciate taking the time to check out all the watching options, and I think all your points made were valid. It was also very kind choice to highlight the positives in spite of the overall dissatisfaction. Very cool

The first bad review this edit received admittedly hurt a bit, but this one actually made me pretty happy! Its teaching me to "let it go." I have already known to some extent that this source material is EXTREMELY polarizing to begin with, so I can only polish a turd so much. This edit is shaping up to be for those that found the series to be bloated and lazy, but they didn't hate it completely. And that is okay with me!

T0x1cR41n

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The scene where luke copes with Han's death feels very jarring when the scene cuts directly to it. I've seen an edit where after he says "Where's Han?" it cuts to Snoke reprimanding Kylo Ren for losing to Rey. After that it transitions to the Luke dealing with Han's death scene. Just a suggestion to make the whole sequence flow better.

Last edited:

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
GREAT feedback review from @walkerw, thank you!!

You bring up some SOLID points that I will consider if I revisit this edit! I appreciate the compliments, and mostly the honest constructive criticism!

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh wow, thank you @ashwad for the very kind review!! I know its still not perfect (damn ep9), but I am absolutely thrilled you could finally enjoy a beer with it! That it high praise indeed! Cheers!!!

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If only they'd release the three-hour cut of Episode IX already. That would give you plenty more material to work with, dude!

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you to @MistarerX for the very kind review. Probably my most polarizing edit just because it’s Star Wars, but it definitely hits right for some, and that is so motivating.

I have one final "wish list" goal for this edit as my skills grow - I can currently replace saber colors, but if I can learn enough to replace the actual handles...

• Basically the ROTS story becomes about the fate of the famed sabers. Anakin's saber gets destroyed in Rey's fight with Kylo. Leia then gives Rey HER saber, and trains Rey with it. Then Luke's ghost give Rey his green one, the one that was used when Luke attacked Ben. The rest of the movie continues, but when Rey "force-gives" Ben a saber in the final fight, he gets Luke's green one, and uses the same saber to fight back with Rey against Pals, symbolizing... well... SO MUCH. And ultimately its Leia and Luke's sabers that defeat Palpatine. And finally, Rey buries Luke and Leia's sabers.

Someday!

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My issue with yoshif8tures's review is that he has a preconceived dislike for the prequel trilogy and wouldn't be happy except for anything but the impossible. I wish reviewers would keep in mind that you can only work with the footage you have.

Problem with the sequel trilogy is that there are no redeeming qualities. It's not a case of: remove the bloat and the good stuff remains.

The only way to edit it is with an open ending. An incomplete story. I applaud the effort though!

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thats why we have to find new and creative ways to BUILD the endings we want somehow. Never give up on the art of the possible!!

DonkeyKonga

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thats why we have to find new and creative ways to BUILD the endings we want somehow. Never give up on the art of the possible!!
Oh im all for undoing this butchering. Probably swap around the endings for part 7 and 8 is the only plausible way.

MistarerX

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can currently replace saber colors, but if I can learn enough to replace the actual handles...
This lightsaber idea sounds ambitious and jumps right into the realms of CGI. That will be an achievement, for sure. The close-up shots may not be too much trouble once U figure out the method. I'd imagine the fight scene might be a headache. Frame by frame. If U can pull that off though :ninja:

Top Bottom