• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

SW EPISODE I WHAT VERSION TO GO FOR?

i watched slumberland's prequel trilogy and was very impressed.

add that to your list.

i'd actually recommend that.

the phantom edit is kinda a "requirement" on your fanedit To-Do list so if you really HAVE to only get one...

If you only watch one, make it Balance of te Force. It takes the unlikeable Jar Jar and makes him rather funny.

Thanks for the feedback.. im gonna try n torrent a copy of phantom edit first and see how it goes! keep the recommendations coming though!

No this is topic should not be in Fan Films section.

Moved the topic from Fan Films to Fanedit Comparisons

I wouldn't bother downloading any of my Star War Prequals.

Because...

I'm re-doing all 3 for a Xmas release. All the technical flaws will be removed & I'm also making them NTSC so people in the US who don't have multi-regional players will be able to see them.

At the moment I'm going with these new titles:
Child Of The Force
Shadow Of The Emperor
Return Of The Sith (or Fall Of The Jedi, haven't decided yet)

I agree with joebshmoe, The Phantom Edit is kind of a requirement but it wasn't my favourite. Out of all the other edits I've seen I really liked slumberland's.

good news, looking forward to your edits, fathermerrin

I for one hope that FM's new edits make it onto RS, the torrents seem to take a long time. For what it's worth, I don't recall there being any noticeable flaws myself.

Everyone really should download the phantom edits just for the commentary.

I agree. The commentaries on "The Phantom Edit" and "Attack of the Phantom" will both help you immensely in any fanedit you make on your own. They should almost be required listening for anyone in the entire industry.

As a film, keep in mind that "The Phantom Edit" is very narrow minded. It's just there to cut down on the repetition, pick up the pacing, and get rid of the annoying elements of Jar Jar. Otherwise, the plot is exactly the same (unlike in Attack of the Phantom) because he wanted it to fit in with the continuity of the later films, which were still unreleased at that point.

So if you're looking to radically restructure the plot, The Phantom Edit isn't going to do it. It does, however, make the official version's plot a lot easier to pay attention to for lack of boring stretches and cringe-worthy antics.

This is about Episode III, but I found Sithlord's Remix FAR superior to Slumberland's.

Sithlord goes much further in reducing the slapstick comedy to almost zero and tightening up the story.

I had this same problem when I first arrived at FE.

I ended up choosing ADM's 'A Vergence in the Force' edit, and as a result of how good I thought that was I know have all of ADM's Star Wars edits, with the exception of the three extended prequel edits (which I am now in the process of trading for).

I have also downloaded Horace's two prequel edits 'Master and Apprentice' and 'Army of the Republic', although I haven't had chance to watch them yet.

Hello, I'm new to this fanedit stuff and hoping someone can help me. I just downloaded the Phantom Edit and was surprised at how poor the video quality was. Only after doing a bit of research did I discover it was done from a VHS source. I'm looking for Star Wars edits that I can watch from now on instead of the Lucas versions, but the video quality has to be decent. So can anyone make recommendations based on video quality? Thanks for your help.

I just got done watching The Phantom Edit for the second time (I saw it way back in the day when it was the talk of the town) and, I gotta say, it was disappointing. I remember thinking it was phenomenal at the time I saw it. But, I've grown to hate Episode One more since then so all of the crap that's still left really bothers me. So, I'm now searching for an edit that removes more of said crap. I'm torn between Father Merrin's Child of the Force and Horace's Master and Apprentice. I'm leaning toward Merrin's cut at the moment but Horace's is shorter and seems to cut out more of the crap that I didn't like (Boss Nass's ticks, the end parade, etc.). However, the one comment posted for it says the audio is bad (bad sound levels, abrupt music cuts, etc.).

Has anyone seen both cuts that can help elaborate on these issues?

Back
Top Bottom