• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Superman: Up, Up and Away Edition

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’d love an HD remaster of this edit with the new 2017 EE master. I would advise that you keep the scenes that you feel are necessary to the narrative or adds something significant. Otherwise don’t extend just for the sake of extension. That’s what I think anyway. 

If you keep time travel, there’s still the issue of; “why didn’t he go faster before to catch the missiles?” (Maybe it was his anger, but it then feels selfish that Supes couldn’t go fast enough to save people, but could to save only one person he loves. I dunno) And also the fact that going back in time somehow resolves everything without any further action.

Personally I’m fine without any turning back time. Simple victory from Superman, simple ending. This “forbidden to interfere” theme from the Reeve movies didn’t go anywhere anyway. Supes just gets what he wants with no consequences. Confusing.

In my opinion you should keep the “Feed the Babies” scenes. I like them very much, they add to Lex’s much needed darkness, gives closure to Tessmacher and shows what Lex does to her. Yeah, she returns in II but this is a simple case of loving the bad guy. What was it called, Stockholm syndrome or something like that?

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I detest the "feed the babies" scenes. They seem out of an Austin Powers movie.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:
I detest the "feed the babies" scenes. They seem out of an Austin Powers movie.

I was never a fan myself.  I always liked to picture that Tessmacher left right after Superman told her to.  Why she comes back is anyone's guess really.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As for your variant time-travel approach, best thing to know how it plays would be doing a rough cut of your concept of the scene(s) and let us see. You don't exactly know if things work or not from concept description only. I myself was a bit worried that Lois not dying would rob the climax of a lot of his power, but your edit proved me wrong, it worked beautifully there.

flatscan78

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Why do so many women stay in abusive relationships?

Sadly, it happens way to often...

you could say that Ms. Tessmacher was the precursor of Harley Quinn.

Top Bottom