• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Superman: The Supercut - Reinterpretation of the Original superman trilogy!

mredthefed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am almost done with my edit. I have combined the original Christopher Reeves Superman movies, 1-3, and created a new story. This movie is now about the trials and tribulations of Superman, and is one long extended story of heartbreak and disappointment on being a Superman.

Mostly everything is the same up towards the end of the movie, in which Superman takes on a whole new twist. The movie starts out with the General Zod et al being banished.

Please feel free to hit me up as I would like reviews in as soon as possible!

I decided to take a break from editing my Heavy Star Wars prequels fan edits as I was getting a bit burnt out, but am now ready to wrap up and finish Heavy Star Wars Episode II!

I deleted your other thread because this one is in the correct place. In the future please do not create duplicate threads.

Sorry, this might totally be my oversight, but its this edit complete or still in the works?

Is there a cut list? I checked the ifdb listing but not that much info. Sly dawg... I'll guess I'll have to download it... :)
Is this on info yet or do I PM the editor? > EDIT: nvm :p

Review left on IFDB:

This was an incredibly smart fanedit. I totally believe that Lois died and Superman went into a drunken rage because of it.

A/V Quality - 8
This looked pretty good, but there was a lot of compression artifacts.

Editing - 9
Excellent editing for the most part. Some of the scenes in the last third felt a little disjointed, when cutting from Superman doing bad stuff to Zod and Co. doing bad stuff and then back to Superman and so on. And a couple times the audio levels sounded a bit unbalanced. And, why silent credits? You could have easily found some somber music that fits. Other than that, solid work here!

Narrative - 10
Absolutely wonderful.

Enjoyment - 9
This may be my new favorite Superman movie.

Recommended!

I've gotta check this out. I had this very same idea back in like 2007-2010 when I first got into fan editing and thought of some alternate ideas aside from just changing Superman 2. So I'm curious if the cutlist is similar to how I would've done it lol.

Neglify said:
This was an incredibly smart fanedit. I totally believe that Lois died and Superman went into a drunken rage because of it.

Damn... there goes my idea! Been sitting on it for far too long I suppose. I hadn't watched it yet but checked the ending to verify. My Superman trilogy was going to start off the same way (sort of)... I sent a PM with my idea to [MENTION=8664]L8wrtr[/MENTION] ages ago to pitch my idea and talk with others if it could hold its own or not. seeing as how you like his edit, I suppose it can :) Although 2 & 3 are WAAAAAAY different, so I suppose I'll still make it :)

Rebue posted on LuthorDB:

Man-o-man-o-steel, this was entertaining. Superman under normal circumstances doesn't need much of a character arc, but in this edit, mredthefed gives him one, an arc of darkness. The way the cinematic bits are rearranged made me literally laugh out loud, especially the ______________ scene, though it was the ______________ which really took the cake.

Picture quality could have been better given the file size, but don't let this quibble dissuade you from watching Supes behave like a human.

Enjoyjoy: 10 pelvic aerothrusts

Back
Top Bottom