• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

SUPERMAN THE MOVIE: THE "DONNER" & WRAITH CUTS - SHOOTING SCRIPTS BASED - 3 edits

I swear I recall seeing a combined Donner version of Superman and Superman II once. Maybe on TV but it certainly isn't the Donner cut you can rent/buy. I'm hoping this will be more like I recall.

There was the 190 min version of Superman that aired in the US and is now finally on Blu ray, but really it plays like an assembly cut and was created to maximise advertising revenue… the new material was already predominantly out there and the remainder just had existing scenes that were loose and flabby… though there were 4 or 5 very nice flying shots I did use in these edits.

If I had the skills and hardware/software, I would love to try to sneak some of those flying shots into Superman 2 to replace the obvious miniatures.

2022 UPDATE

Just a tweakette

I am re-rendering EPIC , WRAITH and "DONNER" CUT,
  • correcting the opening title in the EPIC to THE MOVIE EPIC, from THE WRAITH EPIC, in order to not confuse.
  • I am also muting the MPAA section, and made a tiny tweak to the opening credits, plus
  • removal of the CHANGES flags, which a few people found distracting (but I like coz I forget what I did unless I open up the edit file).
  • Added the new FE Logo
  • Minor tweak to flying title to remove a contast error in one of the edits

ALL can be differentiated from previous versions since they will carry the FE logo and new file designation under the WB logo. as always.

EPIC and WRAITH EDITS have a revised opening caption which previously was
  • "FOR GEOFREY UNSWORTH O.B.E. and CHRISTOPHER REEVE"....now adding in "RICHARD DONNER".....
THE "DONNER" CUT, retains the original Theatrical dedication, since it is suppose to be a recreation of a version that was intended when the cliffhanger ending was still in play.

No other changes, run times unaffected (bar FE logo) and for those that found the changes flags distracting....GONE (please adjust reviews accordingly if you so deem).

I also tidied up my nomenclature which had become a mess. File names now correspond to the edits fully and I have revised this thread to reflect this.

Up in a couple of days.

W

Last edited:
I will be converting to 48 KHZ MP4 with a 480 kbps bit rate 6CH which may address some of the audio critics however, I must stress that the audio is a passthrough render throughout and should not be any different than the source for those that are interested. Previous was 384 kbps and 41.8 khz This is also a rare 24fps edit since all the sourcees were 24fps... most other movies' source files are 23.976 fps for some reason.

Does anyone know why that is?

All 3 versions are now re-rendered and without the CHANGE FLAGS. The bit rates are maxed out as well.

The versions with the CHANGE FLAGS will also remain available until I run out of room...and with 500GB still left to fill, it will be a while before they go.

New designations
SUPERMAN THE EPIC MOVIE v1.03
SUPERMAN THE WRAITH CUT v1.106
SUPERMAN THE "DONNER" CUT v1.09

You all know what to do....

W

Last edited:
The FLAGGED indicator versions of all 3 edits have been removed.

The flagless versions of the below remain.
SUPERMAN THE EPIC MOVIE v1.03
SUPERMAN THE WRAITH CUT v1.106
SUPERMAN THE "DONNER" CUT v1.09
This has been done to make room for the forthcoming STAR TREK II VFX REPLACEMENT edit and the extended versions of both Godfather edits.

W

I plan to write some legitimate reviews this holiday season, but watching The Epic cut made my heart warm to watch. I grew up watching rewatching Star Wars and the Superman duology on vhs - Wraith's Superman edit is the perfect amalgamation of Donner's initial plan!

Thanks..plus I will be reposting EPIC with the Ma/Pa Kent scnes restored, which was ommited in error due to a duplicate file name in the assets...

It will be in the same folder...

Last edited:
SUPER<AN:THE EPIC has been updtated to include the missing scene ommited in error. There error itself, was so prceise...it appeared as a delibertae edit but was in fact a file substitution as explained for another version...

All existing information to obtain it stands since it is located in the same folder etc.
Designation EPIC v1.05

I would love to see these, how does ne get a copy? I'm very curious and it all looks great

Please read the FAQs and DM me after.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom