• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Superman: The Animated Series: Risk & Revelation (Brainiac Attacks Edit)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is good to go!

I've just written the IFDB listing for it.

Last edited:

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thankyou @Dwight Fry for your constructive review, highlighting the pros and cons of the edit and giving it such high marks despite your issues with the volume. That had been a persistent bug bear in the whole process.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My pleasure! Sadly sometimes editing software stubbornly refuses to work as intended and issues like this appear. But nonetheless, this edit had me smiling all through! :)

jedimasterluke

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thankyou @Dwight Fry for your constructive review, highlighting the pros and cons of the edit and giving it such high marks despite your issues with the volume. That had been a persistent bug bear in the whole process.
Will what he said in the review lead into an update? If not I understand.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will what he said in the review lead into an update? If not I understand.
It may eventually, at the moment I've had to delete the project files to save up space, so it'll be a while before, or if, I remount it

jedimasterluke

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It may eventually, at the moment I've had to delete the project files to save up space, so it'll be a while before, or if, I remount it
Looking forward to it you made a movie I was going to completely ignore into a episode worth watching thank you.

jedimasterluke

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Superman risk and revelation update request if asking if someone could do this was bad idea or something I’m sorry I just don’t know where I could make request for something like this. Remove the Lexopolis slip also The only other issues that I had with it editing-wise is that some of the transitions/dissolves are way too fast and would have needed a bit more space to breath. Namely: Clark throwing his glasses in the trash bin to Supes arriving in the Arctic, Super-Computer scene to Supes first entering the Phantom Zone, and first Lex Scene to back in the Phantom Zone. With more room to breath at those spots I’d call this edit perfect.

Technically, it has the issue of the audio being too low for some reason. I had to raise the volume way up to watch it. Video looks fine, no artifact whatsoever, but it appears to be an 8bit export and not a 32bit one, so image is overall darkened and the darkest spots are flattened. I know this error well, I’ve been guilty of it in the past. But it still looks very good. This is from someone’s review but if these edits were done the edit would be perfect.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've moved your thread to the ideas forum. The trades and requests area is for requesting IfDb edits only.

jedimasterluke

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No worries :)
Just posting this reply to you if it’s bothers you sorry didn’t mean to. What I was going to say is i hope my message inspires someone to go back to Zarius’s edit and make this one final tweak to fully refine it to perfect it. Because it makes an awful movie brainac attacks a decent or even good episode of Superman the animated series.

jedimasterluke

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah, I think I understand now. I've merged this with Zarius' project thread.

Also, you wouldn't happen to know @jedimasteranakin would you @jedimasterluke ?
What happened was I think the site wouldn’t let me login to that account anymore that was my account so it had to make a new account. Also Zarius isn’t wanting to do an update on it that’s why I was hoping someone else would take up the task.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You can always try the alternative Brainiac Attacks edit by Fanedit796 over on Youtube

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
His edit is longer how it different in that regard?
It's just a nice alternative, I'm not changing my edit no matter how much you obsess over it

I am not the best when it comes to fixing issues, and I am not as fixated on fanediting as I used to be.

Last edited:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Zarius no need to get defensive. It sounds like they like your edit, but were hoping that a few issues might be addressed that you just shared you aren't willing or able to address.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Zarius no need to get defensive. It sounds like they like your edit, but were hoping that a few issues might be addressed that you just shared you aren't willing or able to address.
Sorry about that. I'd fix it if I could, but all the back-up files are long gone and as I've said, I don't do fanediting all that much anymore and have long moved on from this project. This person has a history of pestering me over fixing my edit's problems, and I'm just very annoyed that he is back at it again.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry about that. I'd fix it if I could, but all the back-up files are long gone and as I've said, I don't do fanediting all that much anymore and have long moved on from this project. This person has a history of pestering me over fixing my edit's problems and now he's hijacked my thread asking other people to remake the edit...how do I think I feel about that?
If you look back at the posts, I merged thwror posts into your thread. There is no hijacking here. The content was specifically about your project.
It's harassment/obsessive behaviour and I don't want to see it continue.
I just reviewed their previous posts and at one point they say you are as good as adywan. Doesn't sound like harassment to me. They simply asked if you would update your edit. That's not harassment. They've asked the same of other editors as well.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just reviewed their previous posts and at one point they say you are as good as adywan.
Well I wouldn't go THAT far, rofl, everyone here knows I still have a lot of inexperience, even after a decade.

I'm just going by his repeated history of pestering me over this edit, not just here, but also my blog's comments section. It's entirely possible to be a fan who thinks the world of you yet fixate on your work to unhealthy degrees..

Feel free to disagree with me, but I wouldn't encourage this.

Top Bottom