• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Superman: The Animated Series: "Public Enemies"

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
superman_batmandvd.jpg

The animated movie Superman/Batman: Public Enemies neatly condensed into a small half hour episode, complete with the opening and closing of my custom Superman TAS sequences that I used for Risk and Revelation.

Changes

-Superman being framed for Corbin's murder and the Metallo fight, Lex now turns the world on Superman by simply claiming the meteor affects him mentally
-Power Girl now immediately goes to Bruce and Clark expressing her concerns about Lex
-Battle with Captain Marvel/Shazam and Hawkman cut
-All references to Superman being framed also cut

PM me for link

Thanks again for the positive and constructive review @Dwight Fry , I'm glad to hear the volume was improved a little for you (other than the titles and end credits, which were imported from a prior render rather than re-constructed), and that while it wasn't perfect, you still nudged past issues to enjoy the overall product.

If those scenes could have moments to breath, I'd have found space for them, but it's all a bit break-neck in it's unaltered form. This was definitely a much more complex story to edit despite it's simple plot. It could maybe have benefitted from being a two-parter I guess, but I relished the challenge of a half-hour edit.

And yes, the only reason the Superman TAS intro and outro is there is because the voice actors from the DCAU came back for this film, so even if the animation doesn't quite match up, its' very much TAS in heart and soul

Again, my pleasure! I'm enjoying this series of edits a lot, hope you'll make more of them!

Again, my pleasure! I'm enjoying this series of edits a lot, hope you'll make more of them!
I'll try, I had been thinking of doing one based off All-Star Superman but that doesn't use the voice-actors, and has even more jarringly different animation.

I'll try, I had been thinking of doing one based off All-Star Superman but that doesn't use the voice-actors, and has even more jarringly different animation.
What about Batman/Superman Apocalypse? Or Superman Doomsday which doesn't have the same voice actors but has a similar style to the animated series? Or Superman vs. The Elite which doesn't have Tim Daly, but features Superman's voice actor from Justice League and thus still in line with the DCAU. Superman and Shazam Return of Black Adam also features the JL voice actor, and is already around episode length, not sure how much additional trimming would be needed to fit the canon.

What about Batman/Superman Apocalypse?
That would have to be an alternate intro or an extension of the intro to Kara, and she already has an origin in the canon

Back
Top Bottom