• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Superman Redeemed:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This was one of the first, maybe the first fan edit I ever watched. Editing two movies together is not easy, but this is one of the best examples of doing it successfully. I remember reading that the editor painted out Richard Pryor from at least one shot, so this went above and beyond. I don't want to lower the rating just because this is a DVD-only release. That was the popular format at the time. I don't think I noticed any egregious sound or visual problems. Narratively it does not fully work as characters disappear and come back with too much time in between. The story doesn't have a full arc as a normal script would have. It does feel a bit like a mash-up, but that is to be expected. For what it is, this is a pleasant way to watch Superman 3 and 4 without the cheese. It's a classic fan edit.

Continue reading...

Top Bottom