• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Superman reborn

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am pretty sure I posted this once before a few years back,
but with the premiere of SMALLVILLE'S 10th and Final Season last week,
and the Big Bad being none other than DARKSEID himself,
it seems very appropriate to repost this incredible Fan Trailer.
Enjoy!!!

Nice trailer.

Is all of that footage from smallville? I was under the impression that he never wore the Superman suit in smallville.

I think it's strange they're going with the Superman Returns suit for Smallville, with WB considering the movie a disappointment and all.
Welling looks odd rotoscoped onto Reeve's body, but I think he's going to look even weirder in those maroon hipsters, and with the microscopic \S/ on his chest. If he ever puts it on that is; surely this year.

I also doubt Darkseid will look half as good as the altered Hulk footage in the clip. Probably be another guy in a suit like Doomsday.

Is all of that footage from smallville? I was under the impression that he never wore the Superman suit in smallville.

All the scenes of Superman are from the various movies, with Tom Welling editted in.

I think it's strange they're going with the Superman Returns suit for Smallville, with WB considering the movie a disappointment and all.
Welling looks odd rotoscoped onto Reeve's body, but I think he's going to look even weirder in those maroon hipsters, and with the microscopic \S/ on his chest. If he ever puts it on that is; surely this year.

The suit in the box and in the Fortress is just a prop on loan from WB. If Welling actually puts on the suit (fingers crossed) it probably won't be until the very final episodes, which gives the costume department plenty of time to build their own suit to fit Welling.

I also doubt Darkseid will look half as good as the altered Hulk footage in the clip. Probably be another guy in a suit like Doomsday.

My assumption from the little I have heard, is Smallville will be taking the Body Possession route for most of the New Gods. Though who knows, mayb for the final climatic episodes, Darkseid will show up in person. It would be amazing if they had Michael Ironside play Darkseid, since he is Lois's dad and played the darkgod in the various animated series. ( on a side note, watched Apokolips last night, pretty good but it was weird not hearing Ironside's voice, his performane was so iconic).

I thought with their TV budget, Smallville did an amazing job with DOOMSDAY. I think going CGI would have been a definite mistake. So maybe they will build a Darkseid suit too!:wink:

bionicbob said:
The suit in the box and in the Fortress is just a prop on loan from WB. If Welling actually puts on the suit (fingers crossed) it probably won't be until the very final episodes, which gives the costume department plenty of time to build their own suit to fit Welling.

It would be a little odd to show one costume and then wear another. I'd be all for it though, not really a fan of the SR suit. And since Martha gave it to him, it begs the question where she got it from/ made. The suit in Lois in Clark looked like his mother could have made it, but Singer had the SR suit designed to look alien in origin. Maybe getting it from Jor-El would have been a better explanation.

bionicbob said:
My assumption from the little I have heard, is Smallville will be taking the Body Possession route for most of the New Gods. Though who knows, mayb for the final climatic episodes, Darkseid will show up in person. It would be amazing if they had Michael Ironside play Darkseid, since he is Lois's dad and played the darkgod in the various animated series. ( on a side note, watched Apokolips last night, pretty good but it was weird not hearing Ironside's voice, his performane was so iconic).

I was shaking my head at the idea of body possession (Again!), until you mentioned Ironside. What a great idea! It would save them a lot of money on effects and he, like you said, id the iconic Darkseid. I think they really should have gotten him for Apokolips, I enjoyed it a lot, but the voice of Darkseid didn't do it for me.

bionicbob said:
I thought with their TV budget, Smallville did an amazing job with DOOMSDAY. I think going CGI would have been a definite mistake. So maybe they will build a Darkseid suit too!:wink:

Doomsday looked really good, but they showed too much of him in the end and it let them down a bit I think. also the final fight with Clark was crap, way too short and anti-climactic.

Wow, that roto'd footage is odd-looking but also very well-done. Can't imagine how long it must have taken. :oops:

Welling, imo, is already the definitive Clark Kent portrayer. And based on the pic below, if he ever really suits up and stays there a while, he just might give Chris R. a run for his money:

Tom%20Welling%20Superman.jpg

I know this vid isn't directly linked to the thread but I'm really looking forward to the new/last Season of Smallville. I was never really into it in the early days but I got into it once it settled in Metropolis.

I watched the first 2 Superman films over & over again when I was a kid so Christopher Reeves is always gonna be Superman for me, but from my point of view Tom Welling is Reeves' spiritual successor & considering how long & how well he's played Clark Kent I think it would be a crime not to let him become The Man of Steel in the upcoming movie. I mean for everyone under 20 he is Superman so I hope he gets it.

I think is how many Smallville/Superman once imagined how the series might end:

Everytime I see Chris Reeve I get a little tingle of joy, a beautiful man born to play Superman

Back
Top Bottom