• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Superman IV recoloured international cut & Superman III recoloured

^^^ Lookin' very nice indeed. Superman's suit stands out strongly now.

Zac Snyder can create all the epic CGI destruction he likes but you can't beat Superman just saving a little girl and being heroic.

I've seen those scenes before, like a long time ago. I guess the cut they are from must have been the one shown regularly on British TV in the 80s/90s? Can't believe the widely available cut doesn't have them.

Excited that you are recreating the cut I grew up with :).

TM2YC said:
I've seen those scenes before, like a long time ago. I guess the cut they are from must have been the one shown regularly on British TV in the 80s/90s? Can't believe the widely available cut doesn't have them.

As with the first 3 Superman films, this one had been aired in an extended format as well, indeed :)

Kal-El said:
That looks great :)

Will you try to do something about Reeve's daughter Alexandra seemingly being suspended in the air for a brief moment before he takes her away? That looks quite silly...

I'll be leaving it as it was originally.

addiesin said:
It mostly looks fantastic. I only saw one shot that seemed off.

In the first video, the shot at 1:33 (superman landing with the girl), the sky looks a bit weird, it's almost like a neon teal blue, it just doesn't match the shot before or after.

I'll make sure to sort that one out.

TM2YC said:
^^^ Lookin' very nice indeed. Superman's suit stands out strongly now.

Zac Snyder can create all the epic CGI destruction he likes but you can't beat Superman just saving a little girl and being heroic.

Excited that you are recreating the cut I grew up with :).

YEah, this is the version I know too. The UK VHS had these scenes in tact, as they were in the cinema. Only the Japanese laserdisc has them in widescreen.

I have completed the bluray in Encore and although I'm having troubles getting the popup menu to work, the rest of the structure is sound. I have dropped the PCM audio as just doesn't want to sync up with the bluray. In some places there are gaps of 7 frames just to keep it in, and I don't know what to do to fill them without it sounding crappy.

I have re synced the English subs, and added in the new ones needed for the LD footage. Is there any desire for more subs from the good folk here? I will never use them myself, but if there is demand I don't mind adding them.

booshman said:
I have re synced the English subs, and added in the new ones needed for the LD footage. Is there any desire for more subs from the good folk here? I will never use them myself, but if there is demand I don't mind adding them.

Mongolian, Hebrew, South-African and Taushiro, please :)
Or just plain English. English is good :)

Great job Boosh!! Congratulations!! So what's next? Recoloring part 3 or finishing up your HD edit of 2? Gotta be honest, as much as I'd love for 2 to be done, the reason I'd love to see 3 fixed is cuz one idea I've had since the blu-ray set was first released was to redo "Superman Redeemed" in HD, while also making a few changes of my own.

**EDIT** With the original creator's permission of course :)

Kal-El said:
Mongolian, Hebrew, South-African and Taushiro, please :)
Or just plain English. English is good :)

Looks like it's it's just going ot English and Italian. Andrea (sporv) has requested Italian and has been a major contributor to the project.

tylerdurden389 said:
Great job Boosh!! Congratulations!! So what's next? Recoloring part 3 or finishing up your HD edit of 2? Gotta be honest, as much as I'd love for 2 to be done, the reason I'd love to see 3 fixed is cuz one idea I've had since the blu-ray set was first released was to redo "Superman Redeemed" in HD, while also making a few changes of my own.

**EDIT** With the original creator's permission of course :)

3 is pretty much done. I finished it a while back, but without the knowhow to make a BD I put it on the backburner. Now that I know what I'm doing in that area I should be able to get that out fairly quickly. I just have to make a menu, and I could use the same layout as I did fir IV and just alter the artwork. As there is no added footage, all the foreign audio and subtitles from the blutay will be in sync, so there's no extra work there. Feel free to use these for your own projects.

Cover done!

MS5YN91.jpg

Awesome cover and congrats on finishing.

Here are some pics from the recolouring I've done for Superman III. Still need to create a bluray, before it's ready to release.

qxlCsAQ.png

LMdVumh.png

lQiBy9s.png

YRU9F3i.png

lvomyG1.png

JKrHD6q.png

zk0rtJK.png

OWq4RlI.png

NWVatzy.png

PfyWz1F.png

pure4fZ.png

vT1KsY5.png

booshman said:
^ Superman smiling? What were the guys making this movie smoking!
Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_08.gif

But seriously, good job on de-greening Superman's costume.

What resolution is this going to be at?

TM2YC said:
^ Superman smiling? What where the guys making this movie smoking! :p

But seriously, good job on de-greening Superman's costume.

What resolution is this going to be at?
Yeah, now the only thing that makes him crack a smile is Lois in the tub.

It'll be 1080P like the Superman IV preservation. I hope I can get it to fit on a 25GB BD, but it might go over. As I'm not adding any footage, I'll be able to add all of the foreign audio and subs. I'm going to include the laserdisc audio as an extra too.

booshman said:
It'll be 1080P... I'll be able to add all of the foreign audio and subs. I'm going to include the laserdisc audio as an extra too.

Neat. How about the commentary from Salkind and Spengler?

Yeah I'll keep that too. I want it to be as complete as the regular Blu-ray, but with better colours.

Ok this thing is finally done!

Bluray features :

DTSHD-MA 5.1 bluray audio
PCM 2.0 laserdisc audio
DTSHD-MA 2.0 isolated score
Commentary by Alexander Salkind & Pierre Spengler
Commentary by Oliver Harper and Duncan Casey
Commentary by Captain Logan and Oliver Harper
All non English audio tracks
All subs

Original at the top, Recolour at the bottom.

9vnQdoU.jpg

VUENt39.jpg

aqua5DX.jpg

xBGWm5j.jpg

9Ga891L.jpg

I1Z3fnv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom