• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Superman IV Deleted Scenes

keithbk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have any of the deleted scenes from Superman IV been released in high quality? I know the one fight scene that clocked in at $6 million dollars to shoot was completely excised from the final cut. I saw some poor-quality video of some scenes, but did not know if anyone had seen anything better. I'm curious if anyone has attempted an extended fanedit incorporating those shots, or if those shots are even available in high definition.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are snippets from some extended to versions but not enough to to rescue this catastrophe. I've wanted to do this edit for years, and here we wait. Awful awful awful. I did use some shots from sup 4 to do a private edit of sup 3, but even then, it is just that, a Frankenstein hybrid.

Good luck with the hunt.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The tornado in Smallville and the USSR missile scenes were included in film prints outside North America, and showed up on a Japanese Laserdisc, but were put onto DVDs as workprint scenes despite being fully finished. There is something like 32 minutes of deleted scenes on the DVD/Blu-Ray, but there are still some unreleased scenes.

There isn't anything out there in HD though, only SD versions. Booshman has made his own version of the International Cut though, incorperating the 2 Laserdisc scenes into the Blu-Ray.

keithbk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got the feeling those were still in low-def...

I had floated the idea before of creating a series of Superman Christopher Reeve "TV-style" episodes with a truncated opening and incorporating scenes from all the movies (as well as the Helen Slater Supergirl story), as well as scenes from "Street Smart" (starring Christopher Reeve) and a few other bits and pieces from stories like "Somewhere in Time."

High def footage would have been a welcome addition to this concept for a fanedit.

The Danger Zone

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wish WB would just release the workprint cut of Superman IV already... and a 4K transfer that improves the shoddy visual effects.

keithbk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there a clean version of the opening scenes of Superman 3, without the "smear credits?"

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The TV Cut of 3 had the classic "titles in space" so I'd have to assume that the opening scene would have to be "clean". But then again, it was the 80s so it'd be cropped to 4:3 and would be a VHS recording most likely, so not the best quality.

Top Bottom