• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Superman II: The Last Son Of Krypton

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by Father Merrin
What is it about? The best bits from Donner's & Lester's Versions, with the beginning & end from Lester's film with as much Donner footage as possible.

original film name: Superman II
film studio name: Superman II
Date Original Film Was Released: 1978
Date Edit Was Released: 2007
Original Runtime: 122 minutes
New Runtime: minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added: minutes
Cuts removed/added/extended:

* Cuts:
* Judgemenet (Lester/Donner)
* Credits (Donner) - Daily Planet (Lester)
* France (Lester) - Bomb In Space (Lester/Donner)
* Daily Planet (Lester) Deleted
* Prison (Donner) Edited - Moon (Donner/Lester)
* Prison Escape (Donner) - Niagra Arrival (Lester) Edited
* Luthor In Balloon (Lester) Deleted
* Luthor Arriving at Fortress of Solidtude (Donner) Edited - Niagra & Superman (Lester)
* Luthor at Fortress of Solidtude (Donner) Edited - Niagra Jump (Lester)
* Luthor Leaving Fortress of Solidtude (Donner) - Villains Arrive (Lester)
* Niagra Discovery (Lester) - Villains & Cops (Lester) Edited
* Superman at Fortress of Solidtude (Lester) Edited - Villains in Town (Lester)
* Superman Loses Power (Donner) - Villains in Town (Lester)
* Superman In Bed (Donner) - Whitehouse (Donner)
* Restaurant (Donner) - Clark at Fortress of Solidtude (Donner)
* Luthor At Whitehouse (Donner) - Daily Planet (Donner)
* Superman Vs Villains (Donner) - Villians at Fortress of Solidtude (Donner)
* Super Kiss & Restaurent & White House (Lester) - End Credits (Donner)

* Cuts added: Luthor Leaving Fortress of Solidtude (Donner)
* Cuts extended: Luthor Arriving at Fortress of Solidtude(Donner)

Donner Scenes 19
Lester Scenes 15

DVD-Features: None
Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:

* Having watched Richard Donner's Superman II I came to the conclusion that because of
the Screen Test Scene it made it impossible to make a flowing Edit based on Donner's Cut.
Even though I would of like to have based my edit on Donner's Cut & after repeated veiwings
coming to the conclusion that if Donner was allowed to finish his film it would have been better
than Lester's I felt that to make a complete edit I would have to base my edit on Lester's version.

Time needed for the edition
planning: 1 day
editing: 1 day
sound editing: 1 day
trailer: none
DVD layout and features: Menu
persons involved: Father Merrin

My copies don't work anymore cause the DVDs I used suck :eek:

Does anyone out there actually own this edit? Hopefully someone does or it's lost forever :-(

FatherMerrin said:
My copies don't work anymore cause the DVDs I used suck :eek:

Does anyone out there actually own this edit? Hopefully someone does or it's lost forever :-(
It may be possible to rip the DVD with DVD Decrypter.
In settings, on the I/O tab, there are various options you can try such as Interface (ASPI or ASAPI or SPTI etc) as well as the number of error retries.
You can also choose to ignore read errors.

I think that you should be able to recover most if not all of the DVD contents.

zeppelinrox I tried to no avail. Basically I'm relying on the unlikely event that someone actually downloaded this edit & has a copy. :(

That sucks.
Sorry to hear that.

It did have a rating so somebody did watch and rate it.

I guess you can always re-do it if you feel up to it.

Maybe, I mean I'm not nieve, I know my Supe II edit wasn't popular so there's probably not that many people out there who's go it, but I'm hoping the few that have willl get in touch.

I suppose one extreme way is send a PM to everyone on the forum & ask, but that's a bit like spamming & I don't feel comfortable doing that. Re-doing it is a last resort I think. Between running my own website, writing books & practicing for my album I can't see when I'll have the time. Besides I've a got a feeling that if I did make it again the day I finish it is the day someone PMs me & says "Hey FM I found your edit!". :lol:

Tough one. :?

joebshmoe that would be great if you've still got it. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom