• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Superman II: The Deja Vu Cut

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

litemakr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A new cut of Superman II using footage from all exisiting edits to create an entirely new version of the film.

This version is not an extended "best of both worlds" cut. I wanted to try something a little different using the wealth of footage out there. I chose the title D?j? Vu because in my cut, Superman turns back time right after the Metropolis battle. Then events repeat in a different way, starting with the villains released in the Paris sequence. Ultimately, Superman must face his problems rather than escape them by turning back time again.

Each of the 2 resulting timelines is edited differently, with scenes and parts of scenes from the Donner Cut and the theatrical Lester Cut plus deleted scenes. Many scenes are completely re-edited, some are basically unchanged. Much of the music and sound has been remixed to make it more consistent with the original John Williams score. It is not meant to be a replacement for either of the 2 official cuts, but a totally different, alternate version of the movie.

I have a dual layer version available for trade or you can download the single layer version via torrent.

You can read details about changes made and get torrent links here:
viewtopic.php?t=1198
Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

Morpheus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
litemakr your version of superman II sounds awesome what torrent site is it on bro thx

litemakr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cockringwraith said:
Now that's an imaginative take on it. Precisely why fan edits exist.

Thanks for your support. Please let me know what you think!

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just recieved the DL version of this today and so ill keep this short becouse ive never done one of these reviews before,i was very impressed with the cuts the editer has done with this film,i like how he made the film look like it was to films into one hense the name"deja vu" really felt like i was watchin the film again for the first time... thanks again litemakr keep up the good work!!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A very creative and enjoyable edit :)

My favorite part was the seemless editing of BOTH Jor-el AND Lara into the scene of Clark giving up his powers for Lois! Absolutely brillant!!!! :D

Thumbs Up!

DragonAngel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is probably my favorite re-edit of Superman 2. It almost seemed like the movie had been shot with this edit in mind.

Though the ending is inconsistent with Superman 3 and Superman Returns, this version of the movie is so good that I really don't care.

GReat job!

superstooge

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a great fan edit. A wonderful take on the Superman II story! :grin:

Realbmansweden

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hm i didnt like The Richard Donner Cut, so this will probably be more "my style"....thanx...keep it up

jabberdoo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd love to get a copy of this as well, any info on how to obtain a copy would be greatly appreciated.

Ollie W

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
On paper you could be forgiven for thinking of Litemakr?s Deja Vu Cut as merely a highlights package of Donner/Lester material. However on viewing, it is so much more.

There have been numerous Superman II fan edits but none more ambitious then this. Litemakr?s greatest achievement is that he's constructed a film that not only showcases two very different directors but actually succeeds as a film in it?s own right.

The highlight for me would have to be the de-powering scene which now features both Lara and Jor-El adding much emotion to a beautiful scene. The editing is seamless and to any fan editor who wants to be inspired, WATCH THIS SCENE!

My only gripe was I felt the film could've done with it's own credit sequence so to acknowledge the work of both directors. Using the Donner Cut credits didn't quite fit what this edit is about. These would've been hard to create as I'm yet to see some Superman fan credits which come close to the magic of the Superman the Movie credits.

Overall I truly enjoyed this and would recommend it to any Superman fan.

mfj5000

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I must admit when I started to watch this I was kinda bored for the 1st half of the movie it seemed so much stuff was taken out. Than as the 2nd half of the movie began to get rolling I understood what had been done and I was like WOW this is 2 films in 1. I think this really was a great job and such a fresh take on Superman. I totally enjoyed it..

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The established "fanon" consensus is that Superman II should have ended with Lois knowing the truth, as it stays true to the character as she is in the comics now, not what she was in the 1980s. Beleive it or not, Superman III's abscense for Lois and Clark's journey home makes MORE sense because he had to give up the love of his life, and she distances herself from him in that film by going abroad.

Ironicly, one of the most well-edited, most professionally crafted scene I have seen in public released fan editing is also the most unnecersary.

I felt Sussanah York simply wasnt needed, its not her story, everything else as a concept fits in PERFECTLY with the "greek tragedy" that the Donner Cut further establishes. Superman discovering that despite changing time, he cannot change his fate, it is not a solution, it delays the inevitable. Hence he stops doing it.

If Superman II had been built AROUND turning the world back, we'd have seen a great story, and with The Deja Vu Cut, thats precisly what we've seen.

Jono11

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does anybody have this? It's no longer seeded at Mininova?

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got it not too long ago... it's odd that it isn't at fanedit.info.

It turns out that this google search will bring up the links on the first hit. (oneclickfiles)

For some reason, JD doesn't like those links, probably due to the formatting or something.

But then I remembered that I had got the links for this edit at linktalk. It's still there and the links still work - JD confirmed that all the links are online.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a huge index. I might have missed a few. This one is now listed at fanedit.info. Thanks for watching out, zeppelinrox.

Top Bottom