• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Superman II - The Best Edit

Which Superman II is best?

• The Hybrid Cut by ADigitalMan

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • The Richard Donner Cut Redux by Booshman

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

BigDamnHero

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There was a similar poll already, but it's very outdated. Plus, it's different than what I'm asking.

The two best cuts of Superman II seem to be ADigitalMan's Superman II: The Hybrid Cut and Superman II: The Richard Donner Redux by Booshman. One is old, one is new, both are very good. But which one is best?

You decide!

Also, the DejaVu cut is awesome, but that's more of a reimagining of the movie. I just want to know which of these two people prefer.

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have to go with ADM's cut. It flowed better for me and remains my favourite version of Superman II to date.

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mine's still in the unapproved section, so I won't count it for now. That being said, Booshman's Donner Cut REDUX is your best bet. Color correction, added effects that compliment the film without going off in it's own direction, and a satisfying ending that doesn't leave us scratching our heads.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tylerdurden389 said:
Mine's still in the unapproved section, so I won't count it for now. .
Wouldn't count anyway - it's not in the poll ;)

jelio

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually prefer the Superman Son of Jor EL edit :)

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Wouldn't count anyway - it's not in the poll ;)

Lol, I didn't even notice there was a poll considering there's only 2 choices. Not for nothing but, someone told me that after all the Star Wars edits, Superman 2 is the film that's been edited the most. So why only 2?

BigDamnHero

Reaction score
Trophy Points
On FE.info there are 6 edits of Superman 2

1 & 2. The ones listed in this poll
3. The Booshman Cut - Just an earlier version of the one in the poll
4. The Deja Vu cut - I mentioned why in the OP. It's more of a traditional edit in that it changes the storyline of the movie, rather than just a mix of Donner/Lester.
5. The Adventure Continues - Only two comments, both saying it's of bad quality, and a low rating.
6. The Last Son of Krypton - The edit is four years old and only has one 6/10 review, with no comments. Didn't think it was worth adding.

Basically, these are the two best edits of Superman II available from FE, and I just wondered which one people preferred as a replacement for the official versions.

Also, jelio, I really love Son of Jor-El (and Superman Redeemed as well!) but it's a standalone movie.

tylerdurden389

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's also the RKS cut, and the "complete" cut in the extended versions section. They're both pretty good. Either way, I may have gotten ahead of myself, as I own 3 other fan edits of S2 that aren't on this board. Rather, I got them from editors on another Superman related message board. Those 3 edits are pretty good as well, one even removed the sweat-stain when Supes lifts Zod up with one hand at the end!! Then of course, there's my cut which I tried to make the best one by combining what I feel is the best elements of all the other cuts. However, I don't suggest seeing mine yet because the version available isn't even my latest draft that's sitting on my desk, and I still have work to do for what should be the 8th (and hopefully final) draft. Not sure when I'll get around to it though, as I wanna try rotoscoping and creating a few new effects. Anyway, your best choice is is Booshman's REDUX, as the Hybrid cut was probably the first S2 edit (I remember seeing it back in 2007 when I first heard of this place), and really is nothing more than combining the scenes from both films. No new ideas, no new effects, no removing of cringe-worthy dialogue/special effects in the scenes that were chosen, nothing. Though to be fair, it got the ball rolling for other better edits. So I'll give it that.

Top Bottom