• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Superman I and 2 - Best Edit Combos

ThomsThinema

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are a LOT of Superman 1 and 2 edits out there. I've watched a few and they were all great. But each one improved the story slightly differently, with consequences for the overall story. So my question is: which edits do you think "fit" together the best, story-wise?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Most edits use the theatrical version of Superman: The Movie to fit with their 2 edits, and I'm not sure about many Superman I edits besides @MusicEd921's edit, and I know that one doesn't fit with most 2 edits because he removes the "turning back time" ending of The Movie.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've combined both movies (The Movie and DC), removed both turning back time scenes and Lois' death, so ended up with bitter ending, cause she knows Clark is S and they can't be together. Works just fine for me.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've combined both movies (The Movie and DC), removed both turning back time scenes and Lois' death, so ended up with bitter ending, cause she knows Clark is S and they can't be together. Works just fine for me.
I always end it with the two still together and Lois knowing...that's truer to the comics

Fran_Garcia

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have combined both movies. Lois is saved, there is an intermission and several deleted scenes have been reinstated. The Turning back Time scene has been moved to the end of the epic cut.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have combined both movies. Lois is saved, there is an intermission and several deleted scenes have been reinstated. The Turning back Time scene has been moved to the end of the epic cut.
Similar from moi... 3 versions...

SUPERMAN THE EPIC CUT
Is a reconstruction of the original 4hr EVENT movie that was planned before the money started to run out and they decided to change the ending to a cliffhanger....which then got changed again with the turning back time (that was suppose to be for S2). Supes does NOT beat up the guy at the diner at the end coz if he turned back time, the first encounter never occurred therefore it would play as if Clark was just beating up a random guy.

SUPERMAN THE “DONNER” CUT
is the CLIFHANGER version, before they lost their nerve and changed it in case the movie flopped...
This can be watched PRIOR to the SUPERMAN II DONNER CUT that is on release or Bobsun's edit

WRAITH EDIT
Is a truncated Krypton with some modern flourishes for 1 and 2 at just over 3.5 hrs. Same ending as EPIC...Lois is typing, cut to flying and ending.

All the edits contain a variety of selected and completed deleted scenes with scoring added where appropriate.

castleaco

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't watched most of the edits you've commented on, but from what I've been able to watch, these are my favorites: SI Final cut, SII Richard Donner cut redux by Booshman, and SIII-SIV Superman redeemed.

These three editions enhance the original films with a better story, fx, etc., imo.

Last edited:

keithbk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Having watched the two really good combos of Superman 3 and 4, I've been thinking that it would be a REALLY good idea to make Superman 2 the last part of a major trilogy, placing the majority of events of 3/4 in the middle...

1) The story should have a narrative structure that incorporates Lex Luthor, following his numerous captures/arrests/escapes...
2) Superman's love for Lois should only be cemented AFTER he goes back to Smallville and explores his relationship with Lana...
3) The story should end with Superman choosing to be the hero and Lois having her memories intact, but realizing his role is greater than their love (for a bittersweet ending)...
4) Keep the narrative away from the Richard Lester slapstick, but don't use the incomplete "test footage" for a more accurate "Donner vision."

I've been playing with this narrative structure in my head for quite a while now, and I may attempt it eventually myself, but I'm nowhere near the Faneditor that some of the greats around here truly have become.

PanteraSteel

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Having watched the two really good combos of Superman 3 and 4, I've been thinking that it would be a REALLY good idea to make Superman 2 the last part of a major trilogy, placing the majority of events of 3/4 in the middle...

1) The story should have a narrative structure that incorporates Lex Luthor, following his numerous captures/arrests/escapes...
2) Superman's love for Lois should only be cemented AFTER he goes back to Smallville and explores his relationship with Lana...
3) The story should end with Superman choosing to be the hero and Lois having her memories intact, but realizing his role is greater than their love (for a bittersweet ending)...
4) Keep the narrative away from the Richard Lester slapstick, but don't use the incomplete "test footage" for a more accurate "Donner vision."

I've been playing with this narrative structure in my head for quite a while now, and I may attempt it eventually myself, but I'm nowhere near the Faneditor that some of the greats around here truly have become.
feel free to PM me if you want to kick around ideas. I can talk Supes all day

gleem

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SUPERMAN THE EPIC CUT
Is a reconstruction of the original 4hr EVENT movie that was planned before the money started to run out and they decided to change the ending to a cliffhanger....which then got changed again with the turning back time (that was suppose to be for S2). Supes does NOT beat up the guy at the diner at the end coz if he turned back time, the first encounter never occurred therefore it would play as if Clark was just beating up a random guy.

Co-signed! One of the best fan edits I've ever seen. Pairs well with Superman 3 The Lester Cut because that one recontextualizes the Lester-shot scenes for Superman 2 that were left on the cutting room floor of the Epic Cut and inserts them into Superman 3 as if they were always meant to be there! I actually have those two as a pair in my collection.

I even went through the trouble of renaming and making new art for the Superman 3 Lester Cut since in my collection there isnt a "Superman 2" just "Superman The Epic Cut". I called it Superman vs. The Computer! (Sorry Zarius, I don't know if it's out of line to rename someone else's edit in your collection but I do that a lot!)

I thought it was an appropriately pulpy name that sounds like something they would have come up with at the time

Top Bottom