• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Superbad - Extended

ok so i watched this and commented on another thread about it (don't remember which one) but this is such a great fanedit it's ridiculous.

i've watched this twice with two groups of friends and they all really really liked the unrated+deleted scenes.

the comment i got most was "it seemed official" and "rather than whole deleted scenes it felt like scenes were extended seemlessly". one of the groups of friends didn't even know it was fanedited (i didn't tell them until afterwards and they just thought we were watching the unrated version :) )

the "favorite" deleted scene was easily the attempt to steal vodka from evan's parent's booze stash, hilarious!

great job!

i give everything about this edit a 5 and it's easily one of my favorite extended movies and is amongst these fine releases:
* harry potter 1 + 2 extended by adm
* PotC 1 by spence
* l.a. story, zell edition by doctorm

thanks PID!

joebshmoe said:
ok so i watched this and commented on another thread about it (don't remember which one) but this is such a great fanedit it's ridiculous.

i've watched this twice with two groups of friends and they all really really liked the unrated+deleted scenes.

the comment i got most was "it seemed official" and "rather than whole deleted scenes it felt like scenes were extended seemlessly". one of the groups of friends didn't even know it was fanedited (i didn't tell them until afterwards and they just thought we were watching the unrated version :) )

the "favorite" deleted scene was easily the attempt to steal vodka from evan's parent's booze stash, hilarious!

great job!

i give everything about this edit a 5 and it's easily one of my favorite extended movies and is amongst these fine releases:
* harry potter 1 + 2 extended by adm
* PotC 1 by spence
* l.a. story, zell edition by doctorm

thanks PID!

Man, I was worried when I hadn't gotten a comment after like 50 people had successfully downloaded it! :eek: I was afraid I hadn't fixed the audio issue I was having in some of the early encodes! Thanks a lot for the feedback.

demonovation, I had an interesting idea early on to do a completely ridiculous version that included every alternate line/scene/string of dialogue that was available and show them in quick rapid succession throughout the film. The idea was a scene could get held up at just one spot as they are improving their way through the scene. The creativity the actors brought to the film was immense, and I didn't fully appreciate it until I watched the special feature that was just people trying different takes and messing around with the dialog and coming up with some funny stuff. "it's a nice looking dick" from the trailer could have been part of an edit in this style, but I don't think I could have gotten that line in successfully into a straight extended edition. There were definitely a ton of great one-line alternate takes I would loved to have in there though.

I think it could because it cuts to a new angle specifically for that line. It is a specific shot that is missing. That was an extra line that was cut out not a line that they tried multiple times.

The artwork download (rapidshare) is corrupt. I have this problem with 30% of the artwork I try to grab via the rapidshare downloads. Am I alone in this? I grab hundreds of GB of rapidshare stuff, and never have a problem with anything but the cover art links at FE. Sup?

the cover art links on FE are not RS.
in this case fore Superbad:
http://www.fanedit.org//fanedits_covera ... wgnCpr.rar

maybe there is the problem. The corruption is probably caused by using a download manager. Downlaod managers connect via multiple connections, which can mess with a server that does not support this. I had "very" interesting results, when I used a download manager to download from fanedit.org.

Just watched this last night. hilarious. great job on reincorporating the scenes. they are seamless. I give this DVD a 4.5 out of 5. Video and audio were perfect, easy 5 out of 5 for both. The menus needed some work. There was no highlight for me on the chapter selection page, and I felt that all the chapters as text on one page was kind of messy. Other than that it was a fantastic edit. thanks so much!!!

Back
Top Bottom