• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Suicide Squad - Special Edition

Would you change anything after seeing Gunn’s version if you had to redo it?

For me, it would be a score change to build on the intentional absurdity.

Last edited:
I'm not sure the 2016 SS would work with a more light hearted approach. Not enough people die. But a rescore would be cool, to add more fun to it. James Gunn did it right.

Like my plan with the WW84, an "unscored" version of my edit released as a workprint might be fun to see how different editors here could play with it. I know others wanted to rescore it in the past, if I make it easier, maybe someone fill find something that works.

I'll check out that center channel..., not looking to refoley most of this turd of a movie LOL

That would be awesome Wake. Sometimes music alone can add a lot to the absurdity.

If Wakeupkeo releases their edits unscored, be warned that I WILL make Limp Bizkit editions.

Second up in my 2022 Updates: Suicide Squad Special Edition in 5.1 Audio!

Additional Updates beyond the 5.1 audio upgrade?
  • New, more professional captioning
  • No Flagg eating chicken like a caveman
  • Enchantress mentions Waller specifically in her plans of revenge
  • Enchantress and Incubus are no longer brother and sister- he is her lover and protector now.
Available now!

(And yes, a workprint version without a score is still in the works!)

• Enchantress and Incubus are no longer brother and sister- he is her lover and protector now.
Available now!

I'm interested in adding this to my Plex library. I hope you have a folder ready. ;)

I love the change of Incubus being Enchantress's lover/protector. It makes the battle for her heart ever so slightly more poetic lol

I really dug the last version of this edit. I saw it after doing an edit of my own - which is very different structurally from yours. However, I hope you don't mind, I actually borrowed your new subtitles idea about the beacon to Apokolips. I went back into my edit to change the subtitles because I really loved the tie in for JL. I'll be sure to credit you!

As for my edit, I've decided to stick with the brother/sister relationship, solely because it's more comic accurate. Although I did mix it up a bit by having them actually use each other's true names - Incubus and Dzamor.
The biggest difference between our two edits is that I restructured the film to be in chapters, similar to Snyder's JL and my Dawn of Justice edit. Funnily enough, I completed my edit before seeing James Gunn's The Suicide Squad, which also happened to be broken into chapters.

Last edited:
Absolutely! And I'll send you a link to some of the FX work I have done if you need it!

Available now!

I cannot wait for the scoreless version, the licensed music is my biggest gripe with the film and I’m terrible with Audio so this would really help!

Back
Top Bottom