• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Suicide Squad: Assault on Arkham

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
full

(Poster art is a placeholder, an infinitely better one by the amazing g1orkatsos is on its way!)

No, not that one. Not that one either. This is an edit of the very first Suicide Squad movie ever made, the animated one from 2014. Only, for marketing reasons, it was called Batman: Assault on Arkham, despite being in all aspects a Suicide Squad movie with Batman as the guest star. Born as a spin-off of the Arkham videogames, the result was neither here not there because the need was felt to add some elements that departed from the dark and serious tone of the games, such as a few attempts of being "artificially badass" via silly montages and dubstep, having Killer Frost and King Shark be improbable lovebirds, and getting a few bad one-liners here and there. This version removes that stuff (Frost and Shark will still bond, as the narrative demands it, but much more progressively and in a non-romantic way) and tries to get the tone closer to both the Arkham Asylum and Arkham City games, and to a proper Suicide Squad story, which in my opinion should ideally play as "The Dirty Dozen in costumes" and not as some sophomoric idea of so-called coolness.

CHANGES LIST:

- Added FE.org logo at the start.
- Cut Riddler's line "Riddle me this: why didn't I quit when I was ahead?"
- Cut cheesy roll call montage.
- Replaced title card with custom made one.
- Trimmed helicopter scene to remove a lot of dead space between the lines.
- Cut Frost laughing at Shark's "Do it and I'll bite it off" and them exchanging looks.
- Cut Frost's line "Good one... good shark".
- Cut sewer scene, due to Shark carrying Frost on his shoulder.
- Trimmed Penguin scene so he is no longer Jabba the Hutt eating like a pig. The big plate of raw fish is still unavoidably there but now it is implied to be part of the decoration.
- Cut dress-up scene.
- Sped up batarang bullet time.
- Cut shot of Batman not reacting at Harley dodging the batarang.
- Added "Heart rate: normal" text to the "bat-lie detector" to make it more prominent while removing the same smaller text from the right of the screen.
- Cut Killer Frost's ice pun and Boomerang's reply.
- Cut bullet time in Joker's cell.
- Cut Captain Boomerang's line "My goolies!"
- Cut King Shark's line "I hate Italian food".
- Cut the Squad walking down the hallway like rock stars.
- Cut King Shark's "USA! USA!"
- Replaced the generic and rather cartoony background music of the fight against the guards scene with "Bring Her Back to Me" (AKA the Mr. Freeze boss fight theme) from the "Batman: Arkham City" soundtrack.
- Cut Harley's explanation about having worked in Arkham as a psychiatrist and her bickering with Boomerang.
- Cut Frost's "Glad you made it".
- Cut Frost's "He knows how to turn off the bombs". It's information we already have.
- Cut Frost's tender-eyed closeup towards King Shark.
- Cut King Shark's line "Did we win?".
- Cut pause before "It's the electro-shock".
- Cut pause after"...fry your bombs"
- Cut Nigma pointing to "Black Spider" with his gun before shooting.
- Cut some frames of dead air at the end of Joker's "Yahtzee!"
- Trimmed Joker's reaction when confronted by Deadshot in the corridor, so the latter punches him faster.
- Added additional foley work to the helicopter crash.
- Trimmed Deadshot brutally beating the Joker. He may be pure evil, but he's physically frail in comparison, and such a brutal beating is excessive.
- Trimmed Gordon's last shot, muting his "Aaand I'm talking to myself. Again" line.
- Cut Amanda Waller's "bat-blog" line.
- Cut Deadshot saying "Bang" at the end. Now he just smiles.
- Customized end credits. Added faneditor credit with acknowledgements, kicked Kevin Conroy's name down from top billed to getting a special guest star "and" spot, and added Bill Finger as the co-creator of Batman to the end scroll.

Thanks so much @blueyoda for the too kind review! Incidentally, I only replaced the music in one scene (while otherwise cutting entire parts due to the horrid score) but I'm so glad it made a difference!

Might as well post a comparison clip of the rescored fight scene:

huge difference
Thanks must be given to @blueyoda , who rightfully hated the original music in the scene (the whole score of this movie is pretty awful, to be honest) and suggested that I replaced it. I only hope to have gotten the volume levels right!

Back
Top Bottom