• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Subtitles for fanedits (make and offer)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
otay, finally had a bit o' time to crank out a dutch trailer for godsmacked. thanks to lapis for translating, including adapting certain idioms to dutch. at some point, as our schedules permit, the feature edit will be translated into dutch. looking forward to a spanish version as well, with the help of @"That One Guy".

note: i capitalized "ik" and "je" and "mij" when referring to divinities.

lapis and any other dutch speakers around here, please let me know if you spot any mistakes on my part.

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"ssj" , I recommend three tweaks.
- Put hot in italics (both times).
- Move the word "om" to the start of the next subtitle: Die mogen jullie [cut to next] om je hals dragen.
- Change the [R] logo for film classification into [16] (though everyone in Holland should understand the [R] from exposure to American movies).

Translating the Christian bible into local languages was a powerful step towards demystifying God and the church. Let's see what it can do for Godsmacked! Is anyone on FE fluent in e.g. Arabic, Hebrew, or Chinese, with some time to spare for translating? :angel:

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dank ye, lapis. will institute the italics and shift "om." when it comes to subs, i agree with having prepositions clustered with the rest of the prepositional phrase.

do you have any examples of dutch trailers with the "16" restriction? is the number inside a box? would like to see how it should look before i unpack that image, which has several elements. (in my trailer, the R is a graphic element, not text.)

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
dank ye, lapis. will institute the italics and shift "om." when it comes to subs, i agree with having prepositions clustered with the rest of the prepositional phrase.

do you have any examples of dutch trailers with the "16" restriction? is the number inside a box? would like to see how it should look before i unpack that image, which has several elements. (in my trailer, the R is a graphic element, not text.)

This is the Dutch "16" image:
240px-Kijkwijzer_16.svg.png

from https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kijkwijzer

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
English subtitles are completed for the TM2YC short "I, Zathras". Set in the Babylon 5 universe, it presents Zathras' point of view of the events during episodes 1.15, 3.16, 3.17, and 4.12.

If you have the edit, PM for the .srt subtitle file.

turntheradioxoff

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A few I have created already(All English) - PM Me if you need them:

Star Trek 10 - Through A Glass Darkly (Bionic Bob)

Star Trek - Reunion (TM2YC)

Love and Mercy - The Brian Wilson Sessions (TM2YC)

The Godfather Epilogue (spicediver)

Fallen Hero (Wraith)

Star Trek Vengeance (TM2YC)

Jaws 2: Extended Integral Edition (Ridgeshark)

Last edited:

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great work. That is what i love about this forum...everyone chips in with their knowledge, passion & skill. Thanks for making the subtitles available.

turntheradioxoff

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That looks incredible! I have dipped my toes into using automated subtitles, but the accuracy leaves MUCH to be desired (my dad watches church services on youtube with their auto subtitles and remarks on how demonic it is)...

I do not have Premiere Pro and hesitate to subscribe before knowing remotely how to use it haha. This could be a fanedit subtitling godsend.

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Short update - Recently rewatched one of my edits and found a couple audio errors so I decided to revisit. This edit also uses subtitles so I got to play with some of the new subtitle features in the latest Premiere Pro update.

Working with subtitles within Premiere pro was SO much easier than adjusting time stamps in Subtitle Edit. However upon export, the color codes within added a "FF" to the hex codes, which brought a harsh default cyan color whenever another color was called out, so I still had to go in with Subtitle Edit to fix that. But It was still LIGHT YEARS better than before, and I plan to work with subtitles from the start for any *NEW* projects.

Haven't tried auto transcription yet but will let you know if I do.

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi, great work here! I'm currently in the process of wrapping up on my edit of captain marvel, and I've been finishing off my english subtitles in aegisub to be embedded in my final mkv file. someone referred me to this topic to investigate possibly getting other languages added to it?

I think it would be relatively easy for those who speak another language, since it's possible to get already existing subs for the original movie and time shift large sections to match the timing in my english sub file. only the deleted scenes that i inserted would need to be actually translated.

Last edited:

Bored at 3:00AM

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey there. Would anyone happen to have English subtitles for Booshman's Superman Returns? Thanks

theomega

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a very handy resource for fanedit subs. Thanks everyone for sharing. I've made a few, but they're all in Dutch.

Heavy Star Wars I to IV

Rogue One - Rise of the Rebellion

Solo - The Coaxium Heist

Spiderman 3 - The Enemy Within

Star Wars - Episode I - Cloak of Deception

Star Wars - Episode II - The Approaching Storm

Star Wars - Episode III - Labyrinth of Evil

Star Wars - Episode IV - A New Hope Revisited

I'm a bit of a Star Wars fan :)

Bored at 3:00AM

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've made English subs for Spence's Twin Suns edit of the Rebels episode about Obi-Wan & Maul's last fight. A buddy of mine also made me custom English subtitles for Buzz Lightyear's Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope Reimagined (which is a less extreme version of GhostForceRecon's edit that adds in a heavily-edited down version of the revamped SC38 Obi-Wan vs. Vader fight, while also cutting out the CGI Jabba addition).

If anyone would like the SRT files, please let me know.

DTass

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Benzi

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello guys, im looking for french subtitles to watch the fan edit of STAR WARS PREQUELS:

Star Wars - Episode I: Shadow of the Sith

Star Wars - Episode II: The Republic Divided

Star Wars - Episode III: Dawn of the Empire

(all by L8wrtr)

my father is not an english speaker. Would be really cool if someone can give me an srt file.

Thanks you in advance guys.

Last edited:
Top Bottom