• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

subtitle timeing

Ilubu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok i finally finished my video.. probably...

anyways i was trying to build the subs and after spending 2 days subtitleing 15 minutes of movie (i work slow) i decided to look for a faster way..

i downloaded subtitle workshop and divx media subtitler and they are both good for previewing the subs i have already writen but only as long as i watch the movie from the begining, the moment i start jumping from one part of the movie to another the timing starts to go off. the program will think that the time in the video is 1 minute 20 seconds when it is really 1 min 35 and so on, stoping and starting the stream has the same effect, is there any way to fix this problem?

the video comes strait from womble if that maters

oh another off topic queston, dvdlab syas my video stream has open GOP points.. how can i fix this?

you need to convert to avi. the mpeg bitrate might be too high for these programs. That is what I do. i create an avi from the movie and then the subittles stay in sync in subtitle workshop.

ok gives me a chance to fire up that vdub mpeg :)

thanks boon, you're a lifesaver

i use "auto gk" to convert to avi. This is quite fast and very accurate.

Ilubu said:
the video comes strait from womble if that maters

oh another off topic queston, dvdlab syas my video stream has open GOP points.. how can i fix this?

i also get this error after loading my womble encoded files into dvdlab. it says i should fix or close them in the encoder but i cant find an option to do that anywhere in womble.

is there a known workaround or is it me being stupid again?

I've also seen the Open GOP message in DVD-Lab Pro (in V 1.5 and V 2). It has been seen from various encoders/transcoders even when the closed GOP option has been explicitly selected.

I've always just clicked through to ignore it, and never had a problem with the result (for me, it's more of a warning than a fatal error).

Perhaps it's just an idiosyncrasy with DVD Lab Pro.

Cheers

thanks man, i'll just ignore it as well then :) files seem to play fine when authored. i am having slight problems with subtitle timing though could this be a possible cause?

the first two subtitles (its a fanedit marker stream) only show for about 2 seconds but the rest show fine :???: i've tried mucking about with the on screen 'show' timing but 5, 10, 15 seconds makes no difference even when changing the start timing of the subs. its not a major deal but i would like to get them uniform though.

Back
Top Bottom