• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Stupid question: How do you add text to a motion menu?

GyRo567

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm running DVD Lab Pro and the results are fantastic as far as functionality, but I have a bit of a problem for now:

There are no buttons (much less titles) without highlighting. Now the Render Motion command is all fine and dandy, but not only is it a little bit blurry with its encoding, but DVD Lab Pro also wants to leave its fairly plain text in a sort of psuedo-transparent level of brightness. It's very faint, and that's not exactly what I'm after.

What would be a good way for me to go about getting my title logo imprinted on top of the main menu loop, and what kind of programs do I need to look into to get it encoded? I'd love to get some sort of graphical logo onto this, but I'll definitely settle for some text that doesn't appear faded.

While we're here, I'm planning on recording a commentary, and it's going to be a .WAV file initially. Can DVD Lab Pro get it into a DVD format on its own, or do I need yet another outside program to get that to something like .AC3 format?

I'm done with the movie itself, but the post-production (so to speak... it's all post production I guess) is taking as long as the movie now. Thanks for the help.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVD Lab Pro can be set to use an external ac-3 encoder.
I don't yet exactly understand your DVD Lab menu problem.
You can either use the render motion setting to have your buttons or text included and highlighted when activated, or you use and external video titling program and set the buttons with DVD LAB pro at the exact positions.

GyRo567

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well the problem with option A is that the text is all coming out very faint. Instead of a bright red (the color I'm trying to get out of the text), I'm getting a very pale red. It's like it's set at 50% transparency or something, but that's with the transparency option and all similar modifiers set completely off.

However, I'd like to go with option B and use one of those external video titling programs - preferably something cheap or free.

Top Bottom