• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Stranger Things

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A new promo for Season 2 aired last night during the Super Bowl. Can it be Halloween now please?

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
A new promo for Season 2 aired last night during the Super Bowl. Can it be Halloween now please?

Starting off with the old school Eggo commercial, the GB uniform that I definitely had...yes, please. Are we over the backlash to the backlash to the backlash yet? I love nostalgia when it's done well.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Comic Con trailer with quite a bit of footage and one or two spoilers towards the end (so be warned)...

The perfect music choice.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
was hoping to, but it's been a long work week and I'm pooped. Probably tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched 2 episodes last night. So far so gripping...

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
S2 Fanedit idea...

Inter-cut Bob Newby exploring the upside down tunnel in Episode 5, with Sam Gamgee exploring Shelob's lair :D

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished up the season. I rarely have time to bing but I made time for this one.

Overall, a very compelling season. I'd heard some talk about how much people hated episode 7 but I didn't read why since I wanted to be surprised. After seeing it I will agree it could pretty much be skipped over. There wasn't enough there to justify the 45 min. runtime. They could have easily condensed what they were trying to accomplish spread over a few of the other episodes.

My only other complaint is that they didn't really try to do anything new. It's very similar to season 1 which was a little disappointing but it doesn't make the season bad, just not as unique.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wasn't as big a fan of Stranger Things 2 as the first season. It felt like it fell into the usual pitfalls of a sequel, rehashing the plot but making it bigger =/= better. Also that one episode in Chicago was dreck.

I still liked it, but they'll have to do something more with the next one.

Hero

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Without the creature effect of the first season they lost a bit of charm but I really think they added a lot of substance to the characters. I think the Chicago episode was just so out of whack with the rest of the series. It felt like it was just there to set up wherever they plan to take it next year. Hopper felt really out-of-character this season, I didn't really understand his actions and he came off really abusive.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i think season 2 could have been a lot better if they had included a demigorgon as well as the demidogs. the d/dogs could have been used as the feral tracking element and the d/gorgon as the intellegence behind them.the season was ok but i think it dragged out the action a little bit.perhaps they will do better in season 3

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I felt like this season was trying to be a little bit of a breather since the first season introduced SO much stuff.  While people don't seem to like the Chicago episode, I liked it due to it's character building element for Eleven.  She was mostly locked away for the season that to put her in the real world as a young vulnerable child amidst this dark element and how they wanted to push her to use her powers for evil.  It really showed how much good she has inside.  

Just my thoughts.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Binge watching this, right now at episode 4. Just saying, this is absolutely amazing. If I were to make an edit, probably cut out the Nancy and Steve subplot, but I don't know about Barb, maybe it'll play into the plot later on, but I don't know yet... ;)

Alfie thebossman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So now that the Blu-Rays are available, is anyone gonna make a fan edit of ST? A TV - Movie perhaps?

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alfie thebossman said:
So now that the Blu-Rays are available, is anyone gonna make a fan edit of ST? A TV - Movie perhaps?

I believe there was someone who had a TV to Movie Edit of the first season in the works... Not sure where that's at now.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
quote="The Scribbling Man" pid='298404' dateline='1513943503']
Alfie thebossman said:

I believe there was someone who had a TV to Movie Edit of the first season in the works... Not sure where that's at now.
[/quote]

Tk251 has a edit in the works called stranger things: the vanishing of will bryers

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
quote="The Scribbling Man" pid='298404' dateline='1513943503']
Alfie thebossman said:

[/quote]

Tk251 has a edit in the works called stranger things: the vanishing of will bryers

Top Bottom