• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Stranger Things

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like the Duffer Bros forgot about continuity in their reedit of Jonathan.

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like the Duffer Bros forgot about continuity in their reedit of Jonathan.
From what I've read, seems like they didn't actually edit it out. Either a weird mandala effect happened or it's just clickbait.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^That's just people misremembering because of all the toxic masculinity #metoo stuff that's been in the zeitgeist, and because Steve has become the breakout star of the series. Originally, Jonathan just went around town taking pictures of everyone and everything, and he ended up taking more pictures of Nancy than most, because he was crushing hard on her. He's looking around the woods at that moment, sees her by the window, and looks in the lens to get a better look. Then he can't help himself and starts taking pics because she's kind of looking out the window thoughtfully for a moment, but he turns away when he notices what she's starting to do.

However, all this is misinterpreted by Steve later and he uses it to embarrass him in front of everyone, calling him a perv even though none of his pics are actually pervy, he just has a lot of pics of Nancy when she isn't aware. It's weirdo loser behavior, so Jonathan is too embarrassed to push back and say they're not pervy. But Steve wasn't being a hero, standing up for his girl against some guy who was violating her privacy. People forget that Steve was a douchey teen jock back then, picking on the local weirdo for sport. Jonathan didn't actually do anything wrong, other than being socially awkward.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched Season 4 this week.

At this point, I've pretty much landed in the camp that believes the show should've been either a one-season miniseries or an anthology series. I've been gradually moving towards that position since Season 3; the bloated, disconnected storylines of this season combined with the Vecna retcons clinched the deal.

I'll probably see the final season once it arrives; ; the show's still watchable, and I've made it this far, so I may as well. But the magic's not really there anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom