• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Steven Soderbergh's Butchers Cut of Heavens Gate

Damn you Soderberg! You beat me too it :-D. I've tried a few times to recut 'Heaven's Gate' to my satisfaction and never could get it the way I wanted it, so this will make interesting viewing. Thanks for the tip jswert123456

After just watching a few minutes, he's gone for some very bold editing choices for sure. I'm liking what I see so far.

Damn you Soderberg! You beat me too it :-D. I've tried a few times to recut 'Heaven's Gate' to my satisfaction and never could get it the way I wanted it, so this will make interesting viewing. Thanks for the tip [MENTION=9437]jswert123456[/MENTION]

After just watching a few minutes, he's gone for some very bold editing choices for sure. I'm liking what I see so far, downloading now :).

how are you downloading it, and whats with the weird "lines" at the edge of the peoples faces.

jswert123456 said:
how are you downloading it

PM sent. Anybody else, PM me if you want to get this.

jswert123456 said:
whats with the weird "lines" at the edge of the peoples faces.

He's used an interlaced NTSC 29.97fps DVD as the source, and it doesn't look like a great encode either. Shame as this film is glorious in HD.

jswert123456 said:
I didnt get any PM

Control, control, you must learn control (It's in your message box by now)

TM2YC said:
He's used an interlaced NTSC 29.97fps DVD as the source, and it doesn't look like a great encode either. Shame as this film is glorious in HD.

Dear Stephen Soderburg. Please hang out here at fanedit.org. We will give you group support for your 'illegal and immoral' obsession. Plus, we can give you encoding tips. Think about it. :gossip:

jswert123456 said:
I didnt get any PM

precious few on this board will personally experience premenstrual issues, owing to demographics.

that comment was uncalled for and not necessary, a PM is private message.

It was just a joke, relax.

Right now I'm tempted to remake this in HD, shot-for-shot as from what I've watched, this edit goes at least a long way to fixing this film but the extremely low image quality makes it almost unwatchable.

Would you say it's a disapproval for Soderbergh then?:D

DominicCobb said:
Would you say it's a disapproval for Soderbergh then?:D

Well this is only a low-res stream but his editing seems fine. However I think he's based the edit on the awful looking pre-restoration DVD, which isn't gonna look great no matter what you do.

Ripping Blu-Ray now ;-).

Behold! Soderbergh's opening title card remastered to the pixel in glorious HD!...

TM2YC said:
Behold! Soderbergh's opening title card remastered to the pixel in glorious HD!...

Sweet, the unapproved version of the immoral version. This is exciting!

What the first 10 minutes of a Soderbergh fanedit looks like :p...

(By this point he's already removed 30 minutes of Cimino's film)

TM2YC
user-offline.png

TM2YC said:
Right now I'm tempted to remake this in HD, shot-for-shot as from what I've watched, this edit goes at least a long way to fixing this film but the extremely low image quality makes it almost unwatchable.

I'd watch your edit, haven't seen the original yet seemed like an entire movie filmed in a master

A little test of my HD remake of Soderbergh's cut. This is the 'Stock Growers Meeting' scene, which Soderbergh has cut it in half, from 4m52s, to 2m35s. It was quite tricky to recreate, as he's used shots from all over the scene in a different order.

(Password: fanedit.org)

^ The audio is from Soderbergh's encode. I won't work on editing the higher quality audio until all the visual cuts are in place.

Back
Top Bottom