• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Steven Soderbergh is a fan editor.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
'Tis true.

Here's a quote from the November 2009 issue of Empire magazine:

(In regards to theoretically leaving the world of cinema behind...)

"Actually, I'd miss editing. I edit stuff on my own, things that don't belong to me, just for fun, because it gives me that much pleasure. I have an hour-and-50-minute version of Heaven's Gate. I've got a mash-up of Hitchcock's Psycho and Van Sant's Psycho, which I call Psychos. I do that shit just to do it. I think if you ask a filmmaker, "What's the most interesting part?" they'll all say editing. But everything else about it I wouldn't miss."

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Interesting. :)
Someone should ask him to join!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
haha, pretty nice news. Quite some directors are secretly editing. I wish one of them would dare to release. :)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thats cool, I really like alot of his films and oddly enough I am watching one right now - the girlfriend experience.
his choices in cinematography is always very appealing to me. I'd love to see some of his fanedits, as if that would happen. ;)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome! I wonder how many other filmmakers do this...

MAllard09

Reaction score
Trophy Points
He should fan edit his own movies! :-D

That is cool though...

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Interesting. :)
Someone should ask him to join!

He could be here already for all we know.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i guess this is as good as any to reveal my real identity...

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ha ha - was going to make the same joke, but since I haven't made any edits....

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i was hoping someone would get the non-connection, thanks ;)

mrbenja0618

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh wow, it is down. Crazy. I watched a few minutes of it. Pretty interesting.

mrbenja0618

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thought it would be interesting to after taking a look to maybe try a different version of this. Like perhaps having Anthony Perkins and Anne Heche as if they had been in the same movie all along.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great idea to synch the two films up, 'cause it gets pretty damn trippy for the brief bit where it is synched (The visuals mostly but some of the audio too). I'd like to see the whole of GVS's Psycho cut exactly to match the shot lengths of Hitch's Psycho with a 50-50 transparency and see what strange visuals you'd get (Then maybe layer over Pink Floyd's The Wall :p). I'd do it in a heartbeat but I only own the Blu-Ray of the original film.

Shame it's down already*. Hope somebody does a "preservation" of this experiment.

(* Oh they've actually taken down Soderbergh's whole website/blog that he'd been writing for a year... BOOOO! :p)

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Soderbergh's awesome, and so is his edit! That shower scene was super cool.

Top Bottom