• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Stephen King's The Stand (1994)

Conrad MacIntyre

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow. Took forever to RIP this from the single dual-layer BR's 6 hours of content. Like, all night. Haha. But man, does it look great!

Really getting excited to start this edit. Screen shot attached of the BR and DVD side-by-side. This is a roughly 720p screenshot.

huoivU9.jpg

Conrad MacIntyre

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Early editing progress update:

- Cut the opening scene with Campion and his family
- Cut the opening credits
- Cut Flu Buddy commercial
- Cut the Police check-in in Arnette
- Cut Larry & his mom
- Cut Vic's death
- Cut Nick's dream

This is in addition to trimming back of the remaining content.

I'm through the first 58 minutes of the miniseries and my Cinematic Cut is down to 28 minutes so far.

grabaham

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just out of curiosity, did my gift of the Romero screenplay help any with editing choices so far? If not, do you think it will?

Conrad MacIntyre

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
grabaham said:
Just out of curiosity, did my gift of the Romero screenplay help any with editing choices so far? If not, do you think it will?

Not directly, no. But it was a fascinating read. A really different take on some of the characters. And way more body horror, too. Of course, for TV in the early 90s, that wouldn't have flown even if they did want. After your comment I started re-reading the script again. It's got some flaws, but it's fun thinking about what might have been.

Conrad MacIntyre

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Opening scene is available for viewing. The copyright holder for (Don't) Fear The Reaper has blocked it in basically every country around the world. So I put it on Vimeo. If you watched the last one I put up here, this one is nearly identical, but in **HD**. Oooh, aaah. :)

Hoping to have this project complete for Halloween. Seems fairly plausible since I've almost finished part 1 (of 4) in 8 days.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Would love to see your Stand edit!

@corey.cole3 you have posted requests like this in multiple threads. Please read the rules before making additional posts. Specifically:

If you want to obtain a fanedit, the best approach is to start a Private Conversation with the editor in our forum. A Private Conversation is NOT the same as a Profile Post. Click “Start Conversation” in their profile.

conversations-300x93.png

If they do not respond you may make one request in our “Trades and Requests” sub-forum. However, you are only allowed to inquire about the availability of fanedits indexed at The Internet Fanedit Database (IFDb). You are essentially asking an individual member of the community to send—via a private conversation—information on how to obtain a fanedit. Any requests for unedited, illegal, or bootlegged media will not be tolerated and will result in a temporary ban.

And:

3. Posts should be constructive. Posts consisting of nothing but “That sounds great!” or “I am looking forward to this” or the likes should be kept to a minimum. If you post nonsense continuously you will be warned and banned in repeat cases.

Top Bottom