• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods -Continuity Cut

TheUltimate

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In 1997, Stargate SG-1, the longest running American science-fiction television series, began. 10 years later, the pilot received another pass from its creators, making many changes to the original structure and updating special effects, creating the Final Cut. Many of these changes were welcome, while others were not. This edit is not meant to act as a stand-alone experience, unlike the aforementioned Final Cut. This is meant to act as a bridge from the pilot to the continuing show. 

Changes Planned:
Color correction for FC to match Broadcast
Use original wormhole sequences, not updated 2004 version
Re-instate "MacGyver" line 
Use FC to cover nudity 
Re-instate Broadcast ending which leads into Episode 2 of SG-1. 

Possible Changes:
Custom fanedit warning
Restore Carter's line about organs at briefing
Use Stargate Origins updated 1994 wormhole sequence

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Original" movie version of the wormhole or "original" from the rest of SG1? I think they're both slightly different from the version in Final Cut. Is that also different from the Origins one? I'm can't remember how they all differ.
Please leave the organs line out. It's terrible.

TheUltimate

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Original as in the 1997 broadcast version, not the 2004 CGI version from season 8 onwards. Origins had the same basic sequence, but was updated with newer CGI (
).

TheUltimate

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’m still torn on the organs line. While it is a terrible line, I want this edit to serve the function of a pilot rather than a separate entity, and the series later lampshades the line several times, most notably in Season 10s “200”. This edit is less of a “TV to Movie” experiment and more what I would call “TV to TV”.

TheUltimate

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well this is awkward. I finished editing in Mid-February and then never bothered to do anything further. The edit will be added to IFDB and uploaded to my MEGA as soon as I can get back to my computer.

flaminio

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looking forward to this one -- just recently watched the FC version, and was dismayed by the loss of the "MacGyver" line. For a show that goes meta often, I thought this was a perfect and hilarious line.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anybody interested in this edit would also probably enjoy this video from Gateworld

TheUltimate

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, after a preview from Bionic Bob, several technical issues were brought to my attention, including interlacing issues and audio being de-synced. If possible, I humbly request for this thread to be moved back to In the Works and the IFDB entry removed. Thank you and sorry to those looking forward to this edit.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Honestly I would leave Carter's organs line out. It felt forced and out of place for her character. That's one thing I was glad that was removed from the FC along with the cringe nudity.

flaminio

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The "organs" line is indeed horrible, but I would've left it in -- if only because they riff on it in the episode "200" and basically acknowledge that it was a dumb line. Without the original, this joke loses its context.

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So is this edit still attainable? The IFDb listing has a bit [UNAVALIABLE] on the listing for some reason.

Top Bottom