• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars VIII - The Last Jedi

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great breakdown and explanations for those annoyed with that scene:

Also, some YouTubers have made videos about Snoke surviving. Well, here's some debunking:

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Yeah, how long in wookie parsecs does it take to get from Lars Homestead to Old Ben's hut?

An African or European Wookiee?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
European, but currently in Africa teaching humans how to speak Wookie-ese

Name: Rockbreacca

Sex: Yarrrgh, growl!

Height:8' 4"

Weight:220lbs

Has or has not been run over by a futuristic race car already: has not

Unique skills: Mr. Rockbreacca has demonstrated an innate ability in finding gold and rare minerals such as silver and diamonds by smell alone, even when such things are hundreds of feet below the earth. It has proven very lucrative...

Has or has not ripped out human arms after loosing at gambling: has, but it only happened twice, so no charges were laid.

Has or has not been arrested, if so, why and for how long?: Has. Intoxicated fist fights with local bears, repeat offender. First dozen offenses: Arrest and overnight stays in drunk tank, has been warned of increasing penalties should this behavior persist. It has. Current punishment: Arrest and overnight stay in drunk tank, two hours of community service (waste cleanup) and a firm talking to by the jailhouse janitor (we are rethinking the FIRM part of the talking to by the jailhouse janitor, he has one good arm left, we expect to come up with a solution to this point in the next few weeks).

Current success rate of teaching Wookie-ese: 7%. Mr. Rockbreacca has been informed that he is very close to being fired, we are discussing the matter and look forward to bringing about talks of how best to move forward in finding ways to bring about a positive change for all parties when a time of convenience is acquired.

Chance of promotion:98%

giphy.gif

*we return to our regularly scheduled program*

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’m confused. Is Mr. Rockbreacca teaching Wookie-ese in Africa as part of his community service or is this gainful employment? Also, what is his favorite color?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Disappointing video by Sideways... ignore clickbait tile as it only refers to the many theories

Though his observations made in this video about John Williams’s brilliant music and how he flexibly uses it to his advantage, are all true...

...his complaints made towards Disney and how they apparently “have no idea what they’re doing” (and how Williams knows this which is why he wrote flexible leitmotifs for Rey and Kylo) which is the verdict of the video, are absolutely ridiculous.

Here’s the comment I left; though it’s a tad aggressive.

*sigh* I’m sick and tired of people saying Disney or Rian Johnson has no idea what they’re doing. Look, I’m not going to criticize the musical observations about the saga made in this video, they’re absolutely true. But your claim that Disney doesn’t know they’re doing (and Williams is writing flexible leitmotifs because of it) is ridiculous and annoying. It’s not like you’re stating you’re dissatisfied, you’re presenting all this as if it’s indisputable fact, which it ISN’T. Just to be clear, I’m not saying you can’t dislike Last Jedi, you can criticize Last Jedi all you want, as long as you have legitimate reasons for it.

Everyone has been whining about Rey’s true parentage, and how it doesn’t line up with Force Awakens and how it wasn’t J.J.’s intention, I mean just look at all the hints yada yada yada... I’m TIRED of it. If you believe this, then you clearly did not understand The Force Awakens. And I’m not one that says this often, because usually if the audience doesn’t understand a movie, then that’s probably a flaw of the movie for not being clear enough. But in this case, TFA was blatantly clear about it: REY’S HERITAGE DOESN’T MATTER. The reason the movie is pining over her family is because she does so. Otherwise it is clear that she’s absolutely NOBODY. Everyone is forgetting the critical moment in Maz’s castle, where Maz says “Whomever you’re waiting for on Jakku, they’re never coming back. But, there is someone who still could” meaning Luke. The whole damn *THEME* of the movie is letting go of your past and accepting your destiny. Ergo, the family CANNOT be important to the story because it doesn’t add anything to it.

(Also Rey running away from her destiny is a FATAL FLAW in her character and she develops throughout the movie, learning to accept it. REY IS NOT A MARY SUE!!! Most complaints about this are very weak and easily explained with things supported by the movie)

The reason it was treated as a big twist that she’s nobody in TLJ (along with no reveal for Snoke and his abrupt demise) is because the internet made SUCH a ridiculous fuss over who she is and who her parents are. From the beginning, Rey was supposed to be a nobody, who is gifted in the Force, skilled in ships and their repairs repairs (she scavenged from ships, she had to know about them) and melee combat (due to her rough scavenging years growing up), accepting her destiny as a hero and becoming a somebody.

I see the hidden easter eggs within Rey’s and Kylo’s themes as parallelisms and, well, just easter eggs, or coincidences, or simply fans exaggerating similar musical notes. Most of the time it’s the last one (though the Kylo/Emperor find is very good). Both Rey’s theme and Kylo’s theme are wonderful.

I’m sorry if this seems aggressive, I just wanted to get this out of my system. I’m also disappointed in this video because you’re better than this.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
for no reason at all:
holdor! holdor!

hodor-game-of-thrones.jpg

by the way, i've been secretly breeding porgs at home.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
Come on, everyone knows a parsec is a measure of time.

no. it's an insipid herb which has no place on the plate with the rest of the food.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
porg dameron.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone see this? The last scene is shockingly similar to TLJ which is crazy since this was released 16 days before TLJ.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dr. Chim Richalds said:
presumably a Solo trailer.​

Just one?

I'll be here all week.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven’t seen this sort of stupidity here, but it is rampant in another forum I frequent. I just posted this there and thought some of you would get a chuckle out of it too:

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]We watched The Kingsmen sequel last night. Man, what a crock! All the heroes were men and the bad guy was a woman. Even the few women featured in th movie were clueless and needed men to help them. The main character, Eggy, was such a Larry Stu! He was too easily able to just do anything he wanted. Of course, with a man like Matthew Vaughn directing and producing, it’s no surprise that this turned out to just be a political platform for his own masculinist agenda. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
See how stupid that sounds? undefined 
[/font]

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Warning: If anyone seriously uses Mary Sue or Gary/Larry Stu here, they are getting perma-banned.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Warning: If anyone seriously uses Mary Sue or Gary/Larry Stu here, they are getting perma-banned.

Is what I posted okay? I’m obviously using it facetiously to highlight the utter stupidity of this particular criticism of TLJ. As I said, I have not seen this attitude here at all.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yes of course. I meant, if anyone seriously uses those terms as criticisms to films, they're getting banned. We've been down this road before. It's complete bullshit.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Concur and co-signed.  Will not allow.

Top Bottom