• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars VIII - The Last Jedi

If it weren’t for the piracy it makes use of, nice video!  Thanks for sharing!

Oh, you’re right. Forgot about that. Removing the video, sorry admins

Nice catch Canon, and thanks Masirimso.

Thank you @"TVs Frink".  By the way, @"Masirimso17", I didn’t mean to be ironic… the video was actually good, if not for the pirated snippets…!

Canon Editor said:
Thank you @"TVs Frink".  By the way, @"Masirimso17", I didn’t mean to be ironic… the video was actually good, if not for the pirated snippets…!

I didn't think it was ironic. But yeah I wish he didn't pirate those parts. Maybe if he used official pictures and read the lines himself?

Masirimso17 said:
Canon Editor said:

I didn't think it was ironic. But yeah I wish he didn't pirate those parts. Maybe if he used official pictures and read the lines himself?

Or he could have waited for a home release, so he could watch it in a controlled environment and analyse the raw files without need for any of that?

Just a thought.

I don't think it's necessary to keep discussing someone offsite pirating TLJ...

It was the best one they've done in a while, but I feel they leaned a bit heavily on fanservice at times.
The Darth Plagueis thing wasn't funny, or even a set up for a joke (like the other bits of fanservice).

The exchange between Kylo and the pilot had me in stitches. :'D

I need a gif of Anakin saying "HI BEN!"

@"ThrowgnCpr" ,

https://www.instagram.com/p/BffVizCD3ew/
I hear Rian Johnson says they're chewie  :p

Last-Jedi-Porg-Cake-Video-Star-Wars.jpg

I loved this man’s precise and analitical answer over on Quora.  
For all that was wrong with The Last Jedi, I find the hate directed at the Canto Bight sequence… disturbing.  

Oh well, enjoy  :D

[font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,]I’ve seen a lot of folks around the Internet asking this question with the apparent assumption that Finn’s suicide run would have worked. I’m … not sure what to think about that. Poe (you know, the guy who’s actually an experienced pilot) says it’s too late, we spend several shots on Finn’s speeder disintegrating, the whole theme of the movie, militarily, is that grandly heroic improbable gestures don’t actually work, every time a pilot in Star Wars says, “I can make it!” or words to that effect, they’re wrong, and yet when Finn insists, “I can make it!” these fans seem to … believe him. I feel like this says uncomplimentary things about their ability to understand what they see in movies.[/font]
[font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,]So that’s the first answer: Rose saves Finn because his plan wasn’t going to work, and everybody but him could see it. She didn’t screw up his noble destruction of the battering ram cannon. She saved him from disintegrating uselessly in its beam.[/font]
[font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,]If you’re asking why Rose wouldn’t be comfortable letting him die uselessly, you missed one of the important things the Canto Bight fathier sequence does. Rose gets her wish to put a fist through the town, but it doesn’t bring her any satisfaction (obvious parallel to Rey in the cave is obvious). The thing that is satisfying is freeing the fathier. That’s a character change moment for her. This is the payoff of that change.[/font]
[font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,]If you’re asking why someone who has just gone through the emotional trauma of losing a beloved sister and then gone through a harrowing high-stakes mission full of adrenaline and more mortal peril than she’s probably ever directly experienced in her life could find herself running high on emotions for the kind, courageous, recently-proved-his-integrity, devastatingly handsome celebrity with whom she shared every second of that mortal peril … I cannot help you. Get off the Internet this second and don’t come back until you know more about what it means to be human.[/font]
[font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,]If you’re asking why Finn reciprocates Rose’s feelings, go watch the movie again, because he doesn’t. Perhaps by Episode IX he will; there’s lots to like about Rose. But in that moment, he’s as surprised as anyone else.[/font]

Entertainment Weekly said:
First Look at deleted scenes for Star Wars: The Last Jedi
The Last Jedi still has some things left to reveal to Star Wars fans.

There will be 14 deleted scenes released as part of the home entertainment rollout for the film, some of them curiosities, others adding new layers to the characters and their motivations.

EW has an exclusive preview of that footage, as well as an interview with writer-director Rian Johnson in advance of the film’s download release on March 13 (available in both HD and 4K Ultra HD, and by way of Disney’s Movies Anywhere app) and its March 27 Blu-ray debut.

“I love each one of the scenes individually. I mean, every single one of them was not cut because it didn’t work. It was cut because the movie as a whole was better without it,” Johnson tells us. “So with each one of them, it’s that strange combination where it feels awful to cut it, but it feels good to cut it, because suddenly the pacing of a section of the movie feels much better, or suddenly the film is cleaner, or clearer, in many different ways.”

We’ll also explore that mysterious “Third Lesson” Luke never got to deliver to Rey.

Here’s a rundown of five of the deleted scenes:
  • BB-8 Reveals Rey’s Goodbye
  • Rey and the Raiders of the Caretaker Village
  • Luke In Mourning
  • The Supremacy Infiltration
  • A Different Phasma Showdown

All right, Canon, I'll play your game. ;)

some person on Quora said:
[font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,]I’ve seen a lot of folks around the Internet asking this question with the apparent assumption that Finn’s suicide run would have worked. I’m … not sure what to think about that.[/font]

Sure he is: he thinks they're dummies, but he's opening his post with a posture of even-handedness.

[font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,]So that’s the first answer: Rose saves Finn because his plan wasn’t going to work, and everybody but him could see it. She didn’t screw up his noble destruction of the battering ram cannon. She saved him from disintegrating uselessly in its beam.[/font]

Which I would have been fine with. Finn, IMO, is a failed character in that he has never once, over the course of two movies, acted or sounded anything like someone who was birthed, raised, and spent his whole life in a military context. (Nor, for that matter, does Rose act anything like an active military member. She works in General Leia's command, and presumably has been for some time, but goes gaga over Finn? Er... Also, in my experience, service members treating higher-ups as celebrities and fawning them is not a thing that tends to happen, especially among the lower ranks.) And would Finn's role in everything really be common knowledge mere days after the fact, what with him in a coma? Seems to me the details of the Starkiller Base assault would have been on a need-to-know basis.

[font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,]If you’re asking why Rose wouldn’t be comfortable letting him die uselessly[/font]

I've seen a lot of TLJ criticism, but I've never seen this question asked, because the "answer" she gives in the movie is self-explanatory.

[font=q_serif, Georgia, Times,]Get off the Internet this second and don’t come back until you know more about what it means to be human.[/font]

Oh, okay, this is some guy being a dick to those who didn't love TLJ, and thinking that's okay because a real subset of those who dislike it are misogynist a-holes. Never mind, then. :p

I see all of your points, but I tend to agree with the guy, not withstanding his hardened attittude.

theryaney said:
asterixsmeagol said:

That would be interesting. Although I loved the movie I would agree she was wasted in this movie. I'd like to see a more badass death. :p

This post over at swnn elaborates on that scene and a couple of others. The Phasma scene actually reveals her true colors, it sounds/reads like.
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...eted-scenes-from-star-wars-the-last-jedi.html

Does anyone know if you do a pre-order of the 4k/Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray/DVD bundle if you get your digital code early?

DigModiFicaTion said:
Does anyone know if you do a pre-order of the 4k/Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray/DVD bundle if you get your digital code early?

That would make too much sense.

Back
Top Bottom