• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi (The ADM Special Edition)

ADigitalMan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by AdigitalMan
What is it about? To remove the most offensive elements of the SE and try different improvements than what LFL made.

original film name: Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi
film studio name: Lucasfilm
Date Original Film Was Released: 25 MAY 83
Date Edit Was Released: 30 DEC 04 (1.0) / 30 NOV 05 (2.0)
Original Runtime: 134 minutes
New Runtime: 135min (1.0)/ 136min (2.0)
Amount of time Cut/Added: 1 / 2 minutes added
Cuts removed/added/extended:

1. Using the PAL laserdisc as an alternate video source (reconverting the frame rate to NTSC); Sebastian Shaw has been reinstated as the ghost of Anakin Skywalker.
2. Using an imported German language version of the 2004 DVD's, the audio mix has been modified to remove the last line in the trilogy being uttered by newly added Gungans. Wesa Free from hearing "Wesa Free." (The stereo track in the Dual-Layer version, the audio comes from the French track on the NTSC DVD.)
3. And in a change completely unique to this edition, the Special Edition song "Jedi Rocks" has been replaced with the CD-version of "Lapti Nek", as sourced from the 1993 Anthology Boxed Set. The Special Edition video in this sequence has been re-edited to match the music. ADigitalMan states, "Not only did I grow up with 'Lapti Nek' in the movie, but I grew up playing this for five years in the stands at Friday night football games. 'Lapti Nek' always had a special place in my heart, so it had to be reinstated".

1. Using the PAL laserdisc as an alternate video source (reconverting the frame rate to NTSC); Sebastian Shaw has been reinstated as the ghost of Anakin Skywalker.
2. Using an imported German language version of the 2004 DVD's, the audio mix has been modified to remove the last line in the trilogy being uttered by newly added Gungans. Wesa Free from hearing "Wesa Free." (The stereo track in the Dual-Layer version, the audio comes from the French track on the NTSC DVD.)
3. And in a change completely unique to this edition, the Special Edition song "Jedi Rocks" has been replaced with the CD-version of "Lapti Nek", as sourced from the 1993 Anthology Boxed Set. The Special Edition video in this sequence has been re-edited to match the music. ADigitalMan states, "Not only did I grow up with 'Lapti Nek' in the movie, but I grew up playing this for five years in the stands at Friday night football games.'Lapti Nek' always had a special place in my heart, so it had to be reinstated".
4. A closing montage of all six movies centering around Anakin's journey takes place after the "other worlds" celebration and before the Ewok celebration. The closing music is replaced with the new variations on the "Force March" (a.k.a. "Throne Room") as recorded for the closing credits of Revenge of the Sith, which were included on the CD but left out of the movie itself. It finds a new life here.
5. The shots of Shaw as Anakin's Ghost have been recomposited and re-aligned for even smoother integration into the film. This actually restores 15 frames to the film that were lost in the PAL/NTSC conversion, re-synching the iris-out to the credits where it should be.
6. A couple extra Jabba lines are added in during his tussle with Oola during Lapti Nek to improve his lip synchronization.

DVD - Features:

1. 135 minutes NTSC Dual Layer (1.0) 136 min NTSC (2.0)
2. Static menu

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:

To remove the most offensive elements of the SE and try different improvements than what LFL made, including a saga-wrapping montage at the very end.

Time needed for the edition: 4 days (both)

Images

ADM_SW6_SE_cover1_imandix.jpg

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is now available on Megashares via info.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As far as I know, though I've seen him post every once in a while on ot.com. Also, from his profile page here:

Last Activity 02-29-2012 02:49 PM

Edit: His last activity on ot.com was May 25, 2014.

yoshif8tures

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks. It seems that a lot of faneditors are no longer active here these days.

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ADM is, to date, the most prolific faneditor ever (IIRC). He probably burned out on FEs completely. I know I would after 50+ edits. The only reason I still care is because I never have the time to actually finish anything. ;)

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is once again available on MS via info.

Cisco Andrade

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'd really love to watch this, but seems none of the links are working so i'll contact .info

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Cisco Andrade said:
i'd really love to watch this, but seems none of the links are working so i'll contact .info

Info is not a person.

"I'm a person and my name is Info!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cisco Andrade

Reaction score
Trophy Points
sorry i know .info is not a person, i did read the rules, i meant that i will contact .info as it says on it's site to report dead .dlc links is all.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Then there's no need to post anything here.

Top Bottom