• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars Trilogy - Rebellion Collection

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
3D-41.jpg

COVER ART

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/435000084/CVRS.rar

By Mattmanalpha

Let me start by saying full credit for the extras and sources are included on each disc in a "DVD Credits" portion of the menu. After all, I want to be sure I give full acknowledgement to anyone whose work I "borrowed" from.

The main video sources for the films are the NTSC GOUT DVDs. They were upconverted to 16x9 using my own scripts, which were inspired by scripts I spotted on OriginalTrilogy.com by G-Force and Moth3r.

The video source for the '81 opening is the '93 Definitive LaserDisc.

Audio sources include:
- The '93 Definitive LaserDiscs
- The '95 Faces LaserDiscs
- The '85 CAV Full Screen LaserDiscs of Star Wars and Empire
- The '86 CLV Full Screen LaserDisc of Jedi
- The Belbucus Restored Mono Mix for Star Wars

Supplements are sourced from:
- The Rowman Star Wars releases (Original Home Video Spots)
- The Dr. Gonzo DVD set (Documentaries)
- THX Ultimate Demo Disc (THX WOW! demo)
- The 2004 "Trilogy" Bonus DVD (Trailers)
- The Definitive LaserDiscs
- The Faces LaserDiscs

ATTENTION: This DVD is a non-profit fan production. It is being distributed under the strict condition of ownership of the original, licensed source material from which this edition was created. It is not to be sold under any circumstances. Piracy is a crime!

Prepare to experience the Star Wars trilogy the way it was originally seen by audiences worldwide. This special, fanmade DVD set presents the original theatrical versions of the George Lucas sci-fi classics in the highest quality possible. Also included is a set of supplements for each film, plus a "Bonus" DVD with additional special features.

Full credits for the sources and software used in this production are included on each disc.

COMPATIBILITY NOTICE: Some DVD players may skip the Main Menus on these discs and immediately begin movie playback. If your player does this, it is highly recommended you return to the Main Menu to ensure proper DVD setup.

This is most important on STAR WARS - DISC 1. Due to the chapter-branching system used to integrate both the '77 and '81 versions of the film on a single DVD, allowing this disc to play without proper setup from the Main Menu will result in improper playback.

STAR WARS - DISC 1
-DVD 9 (DVD+R DL)
-NTSC
-'77 and '81 theatrical cuts (via chapter branching)
-16x9 widescreen format
-THX 5.1 upmix
-THX 2.0 original mix
-Original theatrical stereo
-Restored theatrical mono

STAR WARS - DISC 2
-DVD 5
-NTSC
-The Making of Star Wars
-War Stories
-The Star Wars Gallery
-The Lucasfilm Archive Tour
-An Exclusive Interview with George Lucas - Part 1
-Theatrical Trailers

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - DISC 1
-DVD 9 (DVD+R DL)
-NTSC
-'80 theatrical cut
-16x9 widescreen format
-THX 5.1 upmix
-THX 2.0 original mix

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - DISC 2
-DVD 5
-NTSC
-SPFX: The Empire Strikes Back
-Sound Advice
-How The Walkers Walk
-Flight Through the Asteroids
-An Exclusive Interview with George Lucas - Part 2
-Theatrical Trailers

RETURN OF THE JEDI - DISC 1
-DVD 9 (DVD+R DL)
-NTSC
-'83 theatrical cut
-16x9 widescreen format
-THX 5.1 upmix
-THX 2.0 original mix

RETURN OF THE JEDI - DISC 2
-DVD 5
-NTSC
-Classic Creatures: Return of the Jedi
-The ABCs of JEDI Effects
-Jedi Videomatics
-Lapti Nek: Extended Music Video
-An Exclusive Interview with George Lucas - Part 3
-Theatrical Trailers

BONUS MATERIAL
-DVD 5
-NTSC
-From Star Wars to Jedi
-THX: WOW!
-The Empire Strikes Back Phone Messages
-Home Video Spots

Interesting. I guess I have to get this too to see how it is.

So, quality-wise, how does this set hold up to the myriad of others?

I have all the stuff on these discs (including the Definitive set on VHS) and really want the best possible DVD transfer but there are so many versions out there that trying to work out which is worth getting is sometimes a little difficult.

Back
Top Bottom