• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've tried my fair share of MMO's over the last decade: Everquest, Dark Ages of Camelot, EVE, Earth: Above and Beyond, WOW, etc. and none have held my interest for more than a month or so. And usually, within the first couple of days, I know whether or not I'm going to like it. I was fortunate to make it into the beta for TOR a couple months ago and loved the experience,technical glitches and all.

I preordered the game and have been playing it the last several days and I can say this is the most fun I've had with an MMO ever. I've even put Skyrim on hold and focusing on this. The world is rich and familiar, the users (so far) friendly and helpful, and the overall game feels very un-MMO.

Is anyone else here playing it or planning too? What are your thoughts if you have been playing it? So far I've got a Sith character and a Jedi. Both are at level 10. I plan to do a Smuggler and Bounty Hunter next.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had been selected to beta test the game about a month back, but it took forever to download the game over the internet and every time I tried to get on during a Testing Weekend I kept getting kicked off the servers because there were too many users, so in the end I never got a chance to play it. :-|

Top Bottom