• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: The Last Skywalker Awakens (a sequel trilogy 3-in-1 megacut)

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TLSA-poster-2.jpg
crawl-copy.jpg

Star Wars: The Last Skywalker Awakens is a goodbye-love letter to George Lucas' 'Skywalker Saga'.

Our story remains much the same: a metatextual space opera of lineage, legacy, belonging, betrayal, war, family, and lucrative merchandising potential, centered on Rey and Kylo Ren's conflicting views on over the Skywalker legacy.

It was also just a fun and instructive thing to make while learning my way around editing, and wouldn’t exist without a passionate and collaborative fan editing community, so thanks to you all.

Here you can find more a comprehensive list of the hundreds of edits made.​

Runtime
Now in two formats: a two-part theatrical edition, and a six-part miniseries edition.
Here’s a video detailing where and how the episode transitions are executed:

Theatrical
Part I - 2h44m
Part II - 2h49m

Miniseries
Part I - 52 minutes (including opening fanfare)
Part II - 45 minutes
Part III - 67 minutes
Part IV - 46 minutes
Part V - 60 minutes
Part VI - 63 minutes (including closing credits)

This edit borrows heavily from originaltrilogy.com user Hal 9000’s sequel edits TFA Restructured, TLJ Legendary, and TRoS Ascendant, as well as from poppasketti’s TLJ Rekindled and NeverarGreat’s TFA: The Starlight Project.

Huge thanks to @ArtisDead, @Wraith, @INIGHTMARES, @DigModiFicaTion and @spence for their extremely generous help in making this edit the best it can be.​

Last edited:

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to "in-the-works". "Fixes, Mixes and TV" is for completed edits by approved faneditors only.

I've also had to remove your link to your previews. While we welcome and encourage editors to show examples of their work, we don't allow any links to where files can be downloaded. Please take some time to read our rules.

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to "in-the-works". "Fixes, Mixes and TV" is for completed edits by approved faneditors only.

I've also had to remove your link to your previews. While we welcome and encourage editors to show examples of their work, we don't allow any links to where files can be downloaded. Please take some time to read our rules.
Thanks for the clarification! I'll have to upload those to a hosting site at some point.

This edit is indeed complete, but I guess I'll have to stick around and build some clout on this site to get it moved back/submitted to the IFDB?

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Once you've been registered for 30 days, you can submit your edit for approval (there should be a button somewhere on the IFDB page). The reason there is a waiting period is to prevent people from submitting and then disappearing. If/once it gets approved it would then get published on IFDB and your thread would be moved back to completed, yes :)

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah, ok! I've been registered for about three years now, just not active at all haha. I'll give it a month or so.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah, if you've been registered that long then the 30 days thing shouldn't be a barrier and you can submit when you want :) You will also need to have posted at least 5 times for it to work though, which I forgot to mention - but I'm sure you'll have hit that pretty soon 😁

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That trailer - wasn't sure at first with the music and not knowing what to expect, but then loved the vibe, a great tribute music video for the trilogy. Out of the 7+ hours to choose from you grab a bunch of great shots and show how they relate very well. Well done.

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That trailer - wasn't sure at first with the music and not knowing what to expect, but then loved the vibe, a great tribute music video for the trilogy. Out of the 7+ hours to choose from you grab a bunch of great shots and show how they relate very well. Well done.
Thanks! Going for a traditional theatrical trailer for this project just didn’t seem right. It’s been fairly self-indulgent from the start so I just went full AMV with it, but I’m happy with how it turned out.

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've updated the OP with some examples of my work in this edit.

Last edited:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
While I wait for the illustrious academy to have some time to process my submission, I've cleaned up a few things in this edit in preparation for its eventual archival. The majority of changes will be unremarkable to most viewers, largely nitpicks and polish that I didn’t get a chance to do before releasing in September.

One of the requirements of submitting an edit is that it needs to be 100% complete. Making changes after submitting the edit indicates that this is not the case. This also makes it less likely that an academy member will review your edit as it isn't clear if it is completed. BTW, we're all just normal people.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rangerkris and I are working with this editor. I just haven't had a chance to get my observations to him. I wanted to wait until Rangerkris had a chance to preview it.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Best to let editors know that you are reviewing their edits. The waiting game is a source of anxiety for many.

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah true, didn't see it! Sorry not trying to rush things or pester anyone, just want to make sure I'm following the rules.

Last edited:
Top Bottom