• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: The Last Skywalker Awakens (a sequel trilogy 3-in-1 megacut)

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Four award winning editors have assisted in the completion of this epic Star Wars Sequel Trilogy edit.

Special thanks to all who have been involved with bbghost and myself in perfecting this edit. Especially, Wraith, who worked their amazing magic on the ending credits scroll. You rock!

@Wraith
@spence
@INIGHTMARES
@DigModiFicaTion

This edit is now approved.
My Pleasure...
Well done @bbghost
MTFBW....A

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Four award winning editors have assisted in the completion of this epic Star Wars Sequel Trilogy edit.

Special thanks to all who have been involved with bbghost and myself in perfecting this edit. Especially, Wraith, who worked their amazing magic on the ending credits scroll. You rock!

@Wraith
@spence
@INIGHTMARES
@DigModiFicaTion

This edit is now approved.

Thanks all for your help getting this finished! Huge shout out to @Wraith, that bespoke credits sequence is masterful stuff.

I hope people enjoy experiencing this trilogy in a new way as much as I did editing it together.

yoshif8tures

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I very much enjoyed this edit, and I really dislike the original cuts of the sequels.
That said I have a few suggestions if you were to make another cut down the line.
-Holdo’s speech could be trimmed or all references to it being a rebellion/resistance, especially since the republic isn’t destroyed. Alternatively make it clear ( opening crawl) that the republic is neutral or somehow incapacitated or incapable to explain its complete absence and why Kylo is pursing a small band of rebels.
Another thing you could do it make it clear that Lando’s fleet at the end is the republic and they’ve come to the rescue at the death, rather than. “Just people. “
All in all it was a great edit.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I very much enjoyed this edit, and I really dislike the original cuts of the sequels.
That said I have a few suggestions if you were to make another cut down the line.
-Holdo’s speech could be trimmed or all references to it being a rebellion/resistance, especially since the republic isn’t destroyed. Alternatively make it clear ( opening crawl) that the republic is neutral or somehow incapacitated or incapable to explain its complete absence and why Kylo is pursing a small band of rebels.
Another thing you could do it make it clear that Lando’s fleet at the end is the republic and they’ve come to the rescue at the death, rather than. “Just people. “
Please review it on the IFDB page! 😁

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Thanks! The Republic’s generally ineffectuality is something that’s hard to get across, as even in the theatricals its destruction barely seems to register on a galactic scale. But as for your concerns regarding their absence, as well as Kylo/the FO’s obsession with the Resistance, the opening crawl provided some context:

As the peaceful New
Republic struggles to fight
this resurgent menace,
General Leia Organa gathers
her allies and leads a brave
RESISTANCE.

It’s implied that their complete demilitarisation is reason for a lack of any support. This makes Holdo’s speech slightly aimless, but still, in a trilogy full of nostalgic speeches about returning to the status quo and “restoring peace” it can be read pretty broadly. There’s just not enough meat to the rest of her speech to cut around those specific lines sadly. Perhaps it’s more of an ideological statement about restoring a central military, which, well, given the galaxy’s recent history would be pretty bleak, but it’s something I like about these films: people stuck in endless reclusive loops striving to break free from history’s cycles. Poe also goes on to change that statement/slogan into something more immediately material and transformative (“burn the First Order down”).

the sinister
FIRST ORDER has risen from
the ashes of the Empire and
will stop at nothing until
Skywalker, the last Jedi, has
been destroyed.

As to the First Order’s obsession with the Resistance, Snoke’s ultimate goal is the destruction of the Jedi and the last remaining Skywalkers (Luke/Leia). Wrestling general havoc across a fractured and demilitarised galactic society is just a fallout of that.

Thanks again for taking the time to watch and discuss this edit!

yoshif8tures

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the response, though if it were possible your edit would be the best version of the films if somehow you were able to edit the line toward the end to change the dialogue from the final order officer to say that it’s the republic, rather than just people, but that’s probably an impossibility.
I also think this edit would work great as a tv series, since that’s basically how I watched it since it’s very long.

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Letting everyone know that I have finally completed subtitles for parts I and II of this edit! Sub files are in the Gdrive folder I have sent out to everyone. PM me if you'd like another link.

bbghost

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As per some requests from fans of the project, in addition to the regular "theatrical" format, The Last Skywalker Awakens is now also available as a six-part miniseries. Other than bespoke bumpers at the start and end of these six episodes, no other changes have been made to the edit whatsoever.

Part I - 52 minutes (including opening fanfare)
Part II - 45 minutes
Part III - 67 minutes
Part IV - 46 minutes
Part V - 60 minutes
Part VI - 63 minutes (including closing credits)

Here's a video detailing where and how the episode transitions are executed:

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As per some requests from fans of the project, in addition to the regular "theatrical" format, The Last Skywalker Awakens is now also available as a six-part miniseries. Other than bespoke bumpers at the start and end of these six episodes, no other changes have been made to the edit whatsoever.

Part I - 52 minutes (including opening fanfare)
Part II - 45 minutes
Part III - 67 minutes
Part IV - 46 minutes
Part V - 60 minutes
Part VI - 63 minutes (including closing credits)

Here's a video detailing where and how the episode transitions are executed:
That's an awesome idea!

Top Bottom