• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: The Last Jedi-Total Eclipse Of The Spark (starring Harrison Ford?!)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
last-jedi-3.jpg

This is a follow-up to my Force Awakens edit “The Ford Awakens”, where Han Solo survived the events of that movie…due to having zero footage of him to use in the Last Jedi, I had to give him a minimal role in the film. He only appears on-screen once (in the scene where he meets Luke…yes, he meets Luke), and the rest of his appearances are represented by various soundbites from the original trilogy, each carefully selected to connect to certain scenes in the third act.

Changes

-The edit has a cold open pre-title scene but does eventually lead into the text crawl
-The entire battle with the Dreadnought has been cut. It shoots on the base, the resistance escape.
-Luke is already training Rey when the movie begins.
-Kylo smashing his helmet in a rage is cut
-Canto Bight is retained as is Poe’s whole issue with Holdo and his mutiny, largely to make sure the film was of an acceptable length, it’d be 35 minutes long with the amount of cuts I made.
-Luke still arrives and assures Leia noone's ever really gone. Film ends on a cliffhanger with seemingly all hope lost and Rey tempted to join the dark side by Kylo.

Plot holes I couldn’t hope to fix:
-Kylo and Snoke’s initial conversation is heavily edited. Kylo has been wounded in battle, but because Rey didn’t wield a lightsaber in my “Ford Awakens” edit, it’s left unclear how he got it. The scene merley serves as a reason to unmask Kylo
-Finn journeyed with Rey and Han to Luke’s island in “The Ford Awakens” but is back with the fleet here, again, this was because I could not work out how to get him off the island or even have scenes with them on the island. Just assume he got tired waiting for Rei to complete her training and went back to help the resistance.
Again, this was largely done to satisfy my own curiosity, if anyone’s interested or has further questions, feel free to ask. I will also have samples shortly.

Plot holes I couldn’t hope to fix:

-Kylo and Snoke’s initial conversation is heavily edited. Kylo has been wounded in battle, but because Rei didn’t wield a lightsaber in my “Ford Awakens” edit, it’s left unclear how he got it. The scene merely serves as a reason to unmask Kylo

-Finn journeyed with Rey and Han to Luke’s island in “The Ford Awakens” but is back with the fleet here, again, this was because I could not work out how to get him off the island or even have scenes with them on the island. Just assume he got tired waiting for Rei to complete her training and went back to help the resistance.

Pre-Titles/Crawl

password: fanedit​

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Could any other movies featuring old Harrison Ford possibly be used to give Han a bit more screen time? Blade Runner 2049? Ender's Game? Maybe even Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? Even if just voice clips are used in place of the OT soundbytes, because I'd assume it'd be noticeable if his voice is suddenly younger.

But I completely understand if you're satisfied with your current outline and don't want suggestions.
Regardless, this sounds like a really neat edit. I still need to check out your previous one.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Could any other movies featuring old Harrison Ford possibly be used to give Han a bit more screen time? Blade Runner 2049? Ender's Game? Maybe even Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? Even if just voice clips are used in place of the OT soundbytes, because I'd assume it'd be noticeable if his voice is suddenly younger.

But I completely understand if you're satisfied with your current outline and don't want suggestions.
Regardless, this sounds like a really neat edit. I still need to check out your previous one.

I have Crystal Skull, but not Blade Runner or Ender's Game, and I don't know if any soundbites from that would fit the scenes better than the ones provided by the OT snippets.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fair enough! Of the three, I only have Blade Runner, they're just the most recent Harrison Ford movies I could think of, I wasn't certain that they'd have anything usable. Carry on then with the original plan!

Does the clip you posted showcase any of the added Harrison Ford moments? I haven't had the chance to watch it.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just cranked out a second version that I'm more satisfied with (had to drop the "last jedi" speech due to certain factors...scenes work better without it anyway)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Fair enough! Of the three, I only have Blade Runner, they're just the most recent Harrison Ford movies I could think of, I wasn't certain that they'd have anything usable. Carry on then with the original plan!

Does the clip you posted showcase any of the added Harrison Ford moments? I haven't had the chance to watch it.

You can find a rough version of the Han/Luke scene in my ideas thread, I've since smoothed it over.

The clip I posted is of the opening of the movie. A pre-title sequence of Rei training then a cut to the crawl

x4103x

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Where would Han even fit in The Last Jedi realistically ?  The mutiny plot is stupid as fuck.  So where would he fit if you cut out the mutiny plot ?  I guess he could take over for Leia after she goes unconscious & you cut Holdo out entirely.  The main issue would probably be putting him at the end especially when Luke shows up

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Random said:
Where would Han even fit in The Last Jedi realistically ?  The mutiny plot is stupid as fuck.  So where would he fit if you cut out the mutiny plot ?  I guess he could take over for Leia after she goes unconscious & you cut Holdo out entirely.  The main issue would probably be putting him at the end especially when Luke shows up

In this edit, Han is up aboard the Falcon when Luke arrives and he hasn't touched down yet, but yeah, I can imagine him being present for the actual scene if it were shot for real, the way fans actually wanted.

x4103x

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Random said:

In this edit, Han is up aboard the Falcon when Luke arrives and he hasn't touched down yet, but yeah, I can imagine him being present for the actual scene if it were shot for real, the way fans actually wanted.

So Han stays on the Falcon the whole time Rey is on that Planet ?    Han does not interact or face to face with Luke ?  This type of thing causes more problems lol.  itd be easier if Han was on the ship & he took over for Leia & cut out Holdo entirely & when Luke asks wheres Han see if you can make it sound like Rey is saying with Leia etc

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Random said:
Zarius said:
Random said:

Han does not interact or face to face with Luke ?

Yes, he does. It's VERY brief though

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit is up on google drive. PM me for a copy

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Had to hold off on release to the IFDB here because I noticed a plot hole with BB-8, this should not be a hard thing to fix though

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The continuity error has been corrected, should have this uploaded fairly shortly. Will do a final check and then write up the IFDB entry.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just a quick reminder in case anyone with the fixed cut is going to ask...taking out the cannon at the end was put back in.

IFDB entry written.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First off, a big thankyou to @"DigModiFicaTion"  for his review of the edit, I'll do my best to address some  of my choices:

The edit does indeed have a 'deleted scene' I borrowed from what I didn't use for The Ford Awakens, with Han interacting with Rey on Luke's island...but at the time, I thought there were a continuity error with it so I removed it at the last minute. Even then, though if it were retained it probably would'nt have nearly been as 'blink and miss' as the interaction with Luke is.

Poe and Holdo's conversation was lacking motivation, but to give them that would means referencing a space battle that didn't exist any longer, I figured Holdo keeping her plan to herself ought to be more of a character flaw for her, rather than having her faithlessness in trusting Poe justified by his recklessness. This way, I wanted to imply she thinks of him as dangerous because he asks too many questions.

Yeah, I wanted Finn to get the lions share of the focus, as I feel his character is dealt an undermining hand in the sequel trilogy

Kylo I wish I had an explanation for (the random wound), I had considered using the lightsaber duel with Rey as a force vision that somehow becomes 'real' but didn't know how to best execute that. If you have any suggestions on that front, I'd love to hear them

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
First off, a big thankyou to @"DigModiFicaTion"  for his review of the edit, I'll do my best to address some  of my choices:

The edit does indeed have a 'deleted scene' I borrowed from what I didn't use for The Ford Awakens, with Han interacting with Rey on Luke's island...but at the time, I thought there were a continuity error with it so I removed it at the last minute. Even then, though if it were retained it probably would'nt have nearly been as 'blink and miss' as the interaction with Luke is.

Poe and Holdo's conversation was lacking motivation, but to give them that would means referencing a space battle that didn't exist any longer, I figured Holdo keeping her plan to herself ought to be more of a character flaw for her, rather than having her faithlessness in trusting Poe justified by his recklessness. This way, I wanted to imply she thinks of him as dangerous because he asks too many questions.

Yeah, I wanted Finn to get the lions share of the focus, as I feel his character is dealt an undermining hand in the sequel trilogy

Kylo I wish I had an explanation for (the random wound), I had considered using the lightsaber duel with Rey as a force vision that somehow becomes 'real' but didn't know how to best execute that. If you have any suggestions on that front, I'd love to hear them

If you had the skills, you could have a new title crawl that would explain that Snoke gave Kylo the scar as punishment for failing to kill Han Solo.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Special thanks to @"Seal87"  for leaving me a review. Glad you liked it.

Top Bottom