• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: The Fanedits

keithbk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, I need advice... and I want to know your opinion...

Which Star Wars Fanedits do you feel are the absolute BEST for each of the Star Wars movies?

I have the prequel fanedits by L8WRTR, for example, along with "Labyrinth of Evil" for Revenge of the Sith...

For the "original run," I have both the Despecialized (for the purist experience) and the Adywan fanedits (1 and 2) plus "Return of the Jedi: Remastered." Those are, for me, DEFINITIVE... no need to change until Adywan finishes Jedi.

Because there are so many different fanedits for the prequels and Disney flicks, I really just want opinions of which ones are ABSOLUTELY the best options in your opinion... and why :)

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thats a tough question. Edits are interpretations of the films and there are loads of great Star Wars edits available. Personally I think it's hard to say which is quote unquote the best since each editor created their edit with specific goals in mind. The 'best' edit will ultimately be one which aligns most closely with what you envision.

With that said I thoroughly enjoyed Digimodification's The Coaxium Heist. This edit of Solo streamlines the film by removing unnecessary plots and tones down some of the humour while successfully recreating a true star wars aesthetic via a custom crawl, removal of planet names and recolouring the footage. From my perspective it is simply a better version of the film and is one of the most accomplished edits I've seen from a technical standpoint.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think if you ask 100 different people here you’ll get 100 different answers. For me, it’s a weird thing because the very desire to fanedit these movies is because we so desperately want them to be better. But the truth is they are mostly pretty terrible and simply can’t be “fixed.” I’ve tried for many years to find a way to make the PT satisfying and I’ve never found any edits that even make it watchable.

The ST movies are better movies, but what works and what doesn’t for you can be wildly different from fan to fan. I have no issues with how Luke was handled for example but I found the entire B plot of the Resistance slow speed chase and side quests to Canto Bight to be distracting. Another fan may like the B plot but hate the handling of Luke.

The best Star Wars fan edit I have takes a pretty good movie—Rouge One—and makes it great. That is @"DigModiFicaTion"’s Rise of the Rebellion.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks Moe_Syzlak and Malthus for the kind words!

I'd say some of the subjectively best...
...technical edits are Adywan's Purist Episode IV and ESB Revisited, hands down
...collaborative and consistent quality are Hal900's saga edits
...innovative edits are TMBTM's The War of the Stars 1 & 2
...preservations are the Silverscreen and Despecialized editions
...edit to save Episode 1 is seciors's Return of the Sith: Revisited Edition
...documentary would be Jambe Davdar's original trilogy documentaries
...edits that spawned other edits Q2's Fall of the Jedi trilogy
...edits that almost saved episode III are Kerr's Dark Force Rising & Hal900's Labyrinth of Evil
...edits that totally mess with the source material are TV's Frink's Ridiculous edit and njvc's Pulp Empire

There are more great edits than those, but those are ones that have stood out and had an impact on my own editing process.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to Comparisons.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I found @"octoroxx"'s Episode II Sanded Down to be almost perfect.  Enough so that it inspired me to take a stab at Episode II in the near future!

Also, while I don't see it listed on IFDB, @"octoroxx"'s Episode I was a fun quick ride through a pretty pointless movie.

keithbk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm watching Digmodification's version of Han Solo (The Coaxium Heist), which is a movie I typically forget the details about every time I watch it... And man, the beginning is so BLUE. I mean, it is so bluie, it's annoying. That's not Dig's fault, that's the source material.

Then, it's too gray. Needs more brown. Just what were they thinking when they made this film?

Seriously needs to be regraded. The beginning just starts the movie off on the wrong foot.

Top Bottom