• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

STAR WARS: THE BLACK KNIGHT RISES

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
swtbkr.jpg

FanEdit Information
Type of Fanedit: True Fanedit
Intention With This Edit: To combine the best aspects from other RotS fanedits along with many of my own concepts/edits to create a definitive version of "Revenge of the Sith".
Original Titles: Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
New Title: Star Wars: The Black Knight Rises
Original Runtime: 140 minutes (2 hours, 20 minutes)
New Runtime: 100 minutes (1 hours, 40 minutes)
Time Cut: 44-45 minutes
Time Added: 3-4 minutes
Software Used: Sony Vegas 7 (video editing), Adobe Photoshop CS2 (image editing), Bahaus Mirage (compositing), Adobe After Effects 6.5 (compositing), Sony Sound Forge 8 (audio editing), Sony DVD Architect 4.5 (DVD authoring)

AVI Release Information
- Resolution: 720x320
- Audio format: 5.1 Dolby Surround
- Language: English

DVD-9 Release Information
DVD Format: NTSC - DVD9-DL
Region: 0 (region free)
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1, 16x9 widescreen
Audio format: 5.1 Dolby Digital
Language: English
Subtitles: none
Custom DVD Menus
DVD Extras: Fanedit Trailers - "Star Wars: Attack of the Federation" and "Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic"

Major Cuts/Edits/Changes
01. Added a new title crawl (developed from an After Effects "Star Wars title crawl" sequence originally created by Taolar)
02. Major cuts/edits to the Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace, General Grievous, and Palpatine characters
03. Tried to edit the Obi-Wan/Anakin relationship to be more akin to a elder brother or friend relationship (much less of this constant "my young padawan" or "yes Master" crap)
04. Count Dooku is no longer "Darth Tyranous" and has absolutely NO connection to the Sith - he is still a Jedi (abit a rebel Jedi) in my Prequel fanedits
05. Dooku's lightsaber has been rotoscoped purple instead of "Sith red"
06. Removed the subplots of "Jedi not being able to marry" and "Anakin keeping his marriage to Padme is a secret"
07. Re-edited Anakin's post-nightmare talk with Padme to heighten their relationship and remove poor acting
08. Removed scene of General Grevious arriving on Utopa and speaking with Sidious
09. Edited the "Jedi spying on Palpatine" subplot to better reflect the Jedis' suspicions of Palpatine, increase Anakin's anger toward the Council, and remove any mention of the "Chosen One" prophecy
10. Added the deleted "Plot to Destroy the Jedi?" scene back into the film
11. Trimmed the "Opera House" scenes a bit to remove Anakin being caught about spying on Palaptine and to remove the dialogue regarding midiclorians
12. Added the deleted "A Stirring in the Senate - Bail's Office" scene back into the film
13. Re-edited the "Mace VS Palpatine" duel (along with the following "Anakin's choice" scenes) to remove redundant elements and increase drama
14. Re-edited the "Order 66" sequence to include the Clonetroopers attack on the Jedi Temple and Anakin's encounter with the younglings
15. Rotoscoped Yoda's lightsaber to be purple
16. Removed Obi-Wan/Yoda's attack on the clonetroopers outside the Temple
17. Added additional children screams to the audio during the hologram playback of Anakin attacking the Jedi Temple
18. Completely removed the "Yoda VS Sidious" duel from the film
19. Re-edited the final battle into a single duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin
20. Removes Padme "losing the will to live" reference
21. Padme now gives birth to only Luke
22. Cut and re-edited the "Birth of Darth Vader" sequence to remove overtly 'stupid' plotpoints
23. Replaced the shots of the WIP Death Star from Vader's final scenes and replaced it with the planet Coruscant
24. Film now ends with Padme, Darth Vader, and Obi-Wan/Luke sequences
25. Added "Faneditor's credit" to the end credits

900mb AVI Version (xvid-encoded)
Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

DVD-9 DL Version
Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations on completing the trilogy!
I've been lurking around your trilogy threads and I will be downloading them when you have the DVDs uploaded!

I think we should make a comparison poll for complete prequel trilogies ;)

I'm really glad for you, so again, congratulations :)

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Been looking forward to this. Didn't quite think you'd cut that much out of the film, so I'm interested in how it turns out. I stopped reading the list as soon as I saw the time, so besides I few things I picked up in the WIP thread, I'm going into this edit cold. I hope its as good as the others.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats on this edit JasoN.

There were some things I liked, others not as much, but no one can doubt your editing ability. I feel that you made a cut for those who want a leaner, faster paced ROTS and I guess I'm just not in that mindset. I feel that you did a good job at reincorporating some of the deleted scenes and a nice job at cutting some of the conversations down to remove cheesy/exposition.

Good work.

jamiemark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Overall, I really liked the edit. The ending was well done. The only negative is that sometimes with certain dialogue being cut, what dialogue was left sounded a little awkward. Sorry I can't cite specific examples, my memory is the shits :lol: .

kaine23

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sounds great, I'll be all over these when the dvd versions come out!

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The "Version 2" DVD is nearly finished - I just have to finish trailers for my EP2 and EP3 edits. The types of updates/changes on the DVD version (from the AVI version) will include:

- added most of the "Wookies/Clones VS Droids" opening battle back into the film (except for the droid voices and stupid "Tarzan Wookies" - they're been cut out); I realized that this scene is kinda needed as a "setup scene" for the later sequence where the clones try to attack Yoda

- improved audio cuts/transitions

- fixed the SW title crawl for better pacing/speed with the soundtrack

- spelling corrections to title crawl and alien subtitles

- rewrites to a few portions of the title crawl and alien subtitles

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Forgot to mention this, but I'm probably going to remove the readded-deleted scene of "Padme confronting Palpatine in his office" in EP3:
Yeah, it's nice to see more of Padme in the film, but I realize now that the scene doesn't really add anything to the story and I think it's better if Anakin starts distrusting Padme at the end of the film (so that he no longer trust the one person he once cared for the most). Plus, having the scene in the film seems to screw up chronological continuity (not just the "Obi-Wan engaging" Grevious" part, but the Coruscant scenes go from Day to Evening to Day when technically it shouldn't)

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fanedit trailer now available:

[youtubewide:3mnlye0e]

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVD-9 version is now available via RS.
(thanks to elbarto1 for WinRARing and uploading the DVDs for me)

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I modified the DVD covers for JasonN's SW prequel trilogyto give them a different, painted on canvas look and texture.
You can really see the difference by clicking on the low res cover below, since it links to the proper high res version.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hmmm... doesn't look improved to me.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
erm, you don't notice the canvas texture of the front cover on the full size version?

However, I didn't say it was an improvement per se... just modified for a different look and feel which I think turned out kinda cool.

p3jedi

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Arguably the best edit of Episode III to date. The best (and most exciting) feature being the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan now cut into one continuous sequence. Removing the Padme confronting Palpatine scene would probably be for the best as it was a subplot that went nowhere. But I would suggest reintegrating the second Birth of the Rebellion scene in which Padme is wearing the cloak she'll have on when she and Anakin stare across Coruscant at each other before he makes his fateful decision.

I still long for a fan edit which cuts Padme's death, and suggests she survived long enough to go into hiding on Alderaan with Leia.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For the V2 release of EP3 (since I'm redoing all my Prequel edits to have better video and aspect ratio), I'm giving a slight extension to the "Dooku Duel" sequence by adding back his "I sense great fear in you, Skywalker" speech (the only line that I cut is his final line).

I haven't rotoscoped his lightsaber for the extended shots yet, but it will be purple in the final version:

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JasonN said:
For the V2 release of EP3 (since I'm redoing all my Prequel edits to have better video and aspect ratio), I'm giving a slight extension to the "Dooku Duel" sequence by adding back his "I sense great fear in you, Skywalker" speech (the only line that I cut is his final line).
Jeez, am I ever going to be done with your cutlists? ;)

Looking forward to all of these. I'm giving V1 as gifts to a few friends, with the promise of V2 down the road.

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
Looking forward to all of these. I'm giving V1 as gifts to a few friends, with the promise of V2 down the road.
The V2 DVD of Attack of the Federation is 100% complete (had to rerender the video file a few times to get it right) - I'll be sending it to elbarto1 either on Saturday or Monday for RS upload (along with the V3 DVD of Matrix Evolutions).

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
EDIT: New updated V2 cut list in my latest post.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
JasonN said:
Started rendering the V2 cut of TBKR - new edits to the fanedit includes:

<bunch of changes>
:shock:

Top Bottom