• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR WARS: THE BLACK KNIGHT RISES

JasonN said:
Started rendering the final DVD cut of TBKR - new edits to the fanedit includes:

Oh wow, I just finished reviewing your TBKR and now i see you are doing an update, nice!!

Hows it coming along?

Aside from my suggestions in my review I would like to also suggest thinking about cutting Anakins meeting with Yoda from near the beginning of the film. Does that scene need to be there, does it add anything? If not, then maybe you should chuck it.

Best of luck,

Jelio

jelio said:
JasonN said:
Started rendering the final DVD cut of TBKR - new edits to the fanedit includes:

Oh wow, I just finished reviewing your TBKR and now i see you are doing an update, nice!!

Hows it coming along?
Things came up and I had to put the V2 DVD on hold for a bit - still working on rotoscoping the new scenes in the Anakin/Dooku fight to recolor Dooku's lightsaber.

Well, I was hoping tonight to start rendering the mpv file for the new V2 cut of TBKR, only to find that the video file of the new Dooku scenes have been corrupted.... so, now I have to re-rotoscope Dooku's lightsaber for the new scenes... again. :(

For those curious (most likely Frink, of all people :p ), here's an updated list of the new cuts and edits to The Black Knight Rises V2:

1. Added a few more scenes of the Corusant space battle back into the film's opening sequence

2. Cut Obi-Wan's frantic line of the command ship's shields still being up, along with Anakin's "Sorry Master" line

3. Extended Obi-Wan's and Anakin's infiltration of Grevious's ship - they now locate Palpatine's tracking signal, Obi-Wan senses a trap, and says they'll "spring the trap" when Anakin asks their next move (I cut the shot of Anakin saying that he sensed Count Dooku and the scene after Obi-Wan's "spring the trap" line that involves R2-D2 staying behind with the ship)

4. Extended the Anakin/Dooku duel - it now has back the scene of Dooku telling Anakin that he senses fear, hate, and anger inside of him (I did cut the end of his speech to remove Dooku's last line of "But you don't use them")

5. Removed and edited nearly all of the Anakin/Padme reunion sequence - now they just embrace each other, followed by fading out to Anakin's nightmare

6. Removed the shot of Anakin running up the stairs outside of the "Opera House"

7. Cut the shot of Yoda saying "Quickly and decisively, we should proceed"
(don't know why, but I always felt that that scene had redundant dialog and Yoda looked stupid waving his hand like that)

8. Cut the scene of the clonetrooper telling Yoda that the droids are advancing, followed by Yoda saying "Then now the time is" - the scene now cuts from Yoda walking to oversee the battlefield to the Wookiees preparing for battle

9. Re-edited Obi-Wan's and Anakin's last scene together as friends before Obi-Wan leaves to find Grevious - Anakin now says that he's disappointed Obi-Wan, that he hasn't appreciated his master's training, to which Obi-Wan replies that he's very proud of Anakin

10. Pitched Mon Mothma's voice slightly higher so that she sounds a bit younger

11. Cut several shots of the "dragon" mount that Obi-Wan rides chirping and shouting at the Federation ship where Grevious is

12. Removed Obi-Wan's "Hello" to Grevious
( he lands silently and the audience thinks he's gotten the drop on Grevious, before the droid guards spin around to attack)

13. Lowered the volume of Mace Windu's "No" line to Anakin about coming to arrest Palpatine
(for some reason, Lucasfilm really raised the volume of his line, apparently to make him sound more forceful than how that character was speaking... although honestly, I suspect that this line is in fact an ADR line by Jackson and what he was saying in this scene was actually much different than what's really in the film)

14. Added back in the end of Sidious line "... to save Padme" when he tells Anakin to not hesitate and show no mercy in order to grow strong in the Dark Side

15. Cut Yoda calling the dead Jedi boy a "padawan" when he and Obi-Wan find the slain children in the Temple

16. Removed Obi-Wan's line to Yoda to "send him to kill the Emperor" and slightly re-edited the part where he states that he can not kill Anakin

17. Slightly re-edited the opening of the Obi-Wan/Anakin confrontation where Anakin Force-chokes Padme (to quicken the pacing of the scene and used a different shot of Obi-Wan at the top of the ship stairs when Anakin first sees him)

18. Cut numerous shots from Anakin burning alive and Obi-Wan watching him
(so it doesn't seem like Obi-Wan waits around forever watching Anakin burn to a crisp - now he just looks back briefly before he walks away from Anakin staring at him in anger as he burns)

JasonN said:
For those curious (most likely Frink, of all people :p ), here's an updated list of the new cuts and edits to The Black Knight Rises V2:
Why would I care? :razz:

Anyway, sorry to hear you have to re-do Dooku's lightsaber, I know that is a major pain. Anyway, since you have to do that, I might as well throw a few thoughts at you on this edit as well...

The shot where Obi-Wan is trapped by the falling walkway during the Dooku duel is shockingly bad CG. Nothing you can do about most of it, because he needs to be trapped, but several editors have cut out the last part where the walkway actually pushes him forward after trapping him. Not only does it look bad, but it should have put him in a wheelchair! I think you can cut right after he is first trapped and make it look much better.

There are some battle droid yelps and squeals during the bridge fight that Sithlord was able to remove.

Here's one no one has fixed (don't even know if it is possible). During the wookie charge against the battle droids, a random Utapau lizard yelp is heard. WTF was Burtt thinking?

The very last shot of the wookie versus droid scene is Yoda just missing getting nailed by a laser shot. But he doesn't dodge or anything, he just gets lucky. I believe Sithlord wiped to next scene just prior to this.

When I first watched ROTS I didn't mind the lizard yelps. But there are so many of them! Any way to cut down on the number of yelps? I know they can't all be removed.

After Mace defeats Palps, Palps still says "No! No! No!" in a really weird way.

Why does Palps yell "Help me! Help me!" like a wuss?

I think we already discussed this, but it sounds odd to have Nute say "Lord Sidious promised us peace" when they had no previous connection.

After Obi watches the hologram of Ani killing jedi in the temple, he twice refers to Palpatine as "The Emperor." How does he know he's the Emperor now?

Also, by having him say "Send me to kill the emperor" it implies that someone (i.e. Yoda) needs to do that. Would it be better just simply have him say "I will not kill Anakin" after Yoda suggests destroying the Sith?

Anakin still says "Us?" to Padme on Mustafar. If their relationship isn't a secret he doesn't need to say that?

Regardless, looking forward to this and TOTR :)

JasonN said:
16. Removed Obi-Wan's line to Yoda to "send him to kill the Emperor" and slightly re-edited the part where he states that he can not kill Anakin
Oops, I just realized you beat me to this one. :)

The DVD9 is once again available, on Megashares via info.

This is once again available on MS via info.

Back
Top Bottom