• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: Special Edition Hype

A

AvP

by OCPmovie
This is a documentary about Star Wars and interviews.
SWSEhype_front.jpg

Type……………..: Movie
Platform………….: Video_TS folder
Burn Tested……….: Yes
Video Format………: DVD/VOB MPEG2
Aspect ratio………: 4/3
Audio Format………: Dolby Digital 2.0, 192 kbps
Main Movie Runtime…: 2 hr 1 min 06 sec
Overall Runtime……: 2hr 27 min 15 sec
Original Format……: NTSC
Genre…………….: Science Fiction
Size……………..: 3.88 GB
——————————————————————————-
//Featured Film//
OCPMOVIE’s Special Edition Hype

Hey everyone! I’m proud to announce the third Orange Cow Productions Star Wars disc – Special Edition Hype!

Coming hot on the heels of Deleted Magic and Return of the Ewok, this fun little disc will transport you
back to 8 years ago in a galaxy very near … when Star Wars was coming back out in theaters and you couldn’t
watch TV without running into some cheesy special about the Special Edition.

The DVD collects the specials The Magic and the Mystery (FOX), Star Wars: An MTV Movie Special, and The Force
Returns (Sci-Fi).

This DVD is based on a VHS tape Alex Brunelle (ReverendBeastly) sent me … the quality isn’t great, but
then neither are these specials! I’ve done them what justice I could by including the original commercials
from 1997, which you can watch the specials with or without. It’s amazing how dated/cheesy these specials
already are …

Also included, as an easter egg, for the first time ever on DVD, is my 24-minute documentary from 2002,
“Talking to People About Star Wars” … in which some friends of mine … amateur actors and actresses
I know actually … express their thoughts about Phantom Menace, and how it’s hard to be a Star Wars fan
these days. It’s a very interesting watch, as they kind of speak for all of us, in different ways, with
different opinions. The doc can be watched at orangecow.org somewhere.

Here’s the specs for the DVD:

Original ads:
Taco Bell – “Feel the Force”
Pizza Hut – “The Pizza Head Show”
Pepsi – “Boy/Usher/Vader”
Empire Strikes Back SE tv ad

Star Wars: The Magic and the Mystery: Hosted by Howie Long, this hourlong special by FOX looks back at the
impact of the saga, talking to the cast (Fisher/Ford/Hamill) and famous filmmakers
(Ron Howard/Ridley Scott/Irvin Kerschner), while hyping the Special Edition. Features footage of
Declan Mulholland as Jabba the Hutt unavailable elsewhere. Interviews are taken from the same sessions as
“Making of The Special Edition,” but are occasionally different. Interviews with famous filmmakers used in
this special were also used on the 2004 DVD, for that featurette with Peter Jackson in it. The special is
fairly cheesy, and Howie Long is a particularly awful host. We see footage of the SE premiere. Notorious
USC professor Drew Casper is also featured, frightening any USC film student who might be watching. Steven
Spielberg, Magic Johnson.

Star Wars: An MTV Movie Special – Fairly amusing interviews with Fisher/Ford/Hamill. Very random MTV type
celebrities are asked about Star Wars. Carmen Electra. Gwen Stefani. Green Day.

Sci-Fi: The Force Returns – Ultra low-budget documentary. The Sci-Fi Channel was still kind of in its infancy
then, and this one is kind of amusingly ghetto. More stock interviews from Making of the Special Edition sessions,
and poorly-filmed stock from some convention somewhere. Men dressed up as Princess Leia. And hype, Jabba hype,
Jabba hype!

Talking to People About Star Wars – 2002 doc by myself … Real fans talk about coping with their disappointment
about Phantom Menace, and what comes next …

The three specials can be watched either with or without the original commercials. Menus have chapter selection.
There is also a section for just the four Star Wars related ads.

The opening menu is kind of my very non-affectionate tribute to the Special Editions. Might amuse those O-OT purists.
Enjoy, folks!

Get more info on this release here:
http://www.originaltrilogy.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=9&threadid=2238
//Ocpmovie’s Release list//

1 – Deleted Magic
2 – Return of the Ewok and Other Little Films
3 – Special Edition Hype
4 – Star Wars Classic Edition
5 – Empire Strikes Back Classic Edition

Back