• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars silent film by TMBTM

Any plans for getting the DVD on RS?

Just watched the PT edit and it was great!
Thanks spence!
Glad you like the Kenobi/Maul new cut.
But in order to do the same cut in a color edit you will have to change the color of the lightsaber in the final shot... Cause it's Qui Gon lightsaber! and it's not the same color as Kenobi's saber.

Any plans for getting the DVD on RS?
Rapidshare links for part1 will be online in few hours I think.
Part2 to will also be on RS in the next days.

uploaded to Rapidshare

Yeah I know. Somebody has got to be able to do that in after effects or something. It would be worth it. I always hated that the fight ended in a cheap shot from Obi-Wan. I also thought it was interesting that Obi-Wan fought him so hard and actually did kill him. It's the closest to the dark side Kenobi ever gets.

Thanks for the RS links. I had a hell of a time getting them to extract properly, but I think I got it.

share your experience, please, Jamiemark. So others will know, what they have to do.

boon23 said:
share your experience, please, Jamiemark. So others will know, what they have to do.

The files didn't show up as regular RAR files, so WIN RAR wasn't going to work. I combined all the files with HJ Split and extracted them with the computer's default zipped folders program. Then again, I may have done something wrong, so please let me know if I missed a much simpler way.

that looks about right. There seem to be 2 containers: zip and hjsplit.

Well I used the log "7-zip" and I extract them properly with this log. I thought it would work with a regular winzip or winrar log, too.
Tell me if I need to redo this.

that won't be necessary, TMBTM. As long as it works it should all be just fine.

I noticed that on the official FE.org page for Part 1, under the Rapidshare section, it says it's a PAL SL DVD. It's NTSC though, isn't it, unless you uploaded a different version for Rapidshare? Might want to talk to Boon about changing that to NTSC if it is, because that's some important info.

Yes, it's NTSC video.
My french version will be PAL though.

corrected. I was not sure, so I assumed it was PAL.

Torrents page will be back in 8 hours.

Where are those RS links?
I can't find them by searching the FanEdit forum on LinkTalk; are they located some other way, or would someone please connect me, maybe I'm just inept.
Really would like to see these, and appreciate any help.
Thanks.

veggieguy12 said:
Where are those RS links? I can't find them by searching the FanEdit forum on LinkTalk; are they located some other way, or would someone please connect me, maybe I'm just inept. Really would like to see these, and appreciate any help. Thanks.
In the section called Fanedit Forum, search (in the "Search for" box right above where the threads start) for 'Star Wars,' and around a 1/3 of the way down the page, you'll see links to 'Star Wars 30s Silent Edition Part 1 (and 2) by TMBTM.'

Just a reminder that new Divx versions of the prequels silent edits should be availlable at fanedit.info now via MEGAUPLOAD.
I also feel they are better quality than the rapidshare versions.

The two versions are available:
- 16:9 black and white (what I call the "clean version")
and
- 4:3 black and white with color tints and 18 frames per second filter on it. (known as the dusty version)

Original trilogy will follow.

New Divx versions of the original silent edits (ep 4,5,6 - clean version and dusty version-) should be availlable at fanedit.info now via MEGAUPLOAD.
(better quality than the rapidshare divx versions.)

I like how on the front page now, it says "Forget about 3D, enjoy these fanedits in glorious black & white!" and they show the Dusty version, which is not black & white. ;) (but the dusties are better than the cleans anyway, heh heh...)

Back
Top Bottom