• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars Silent Edition Episode VII

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's it, 9 years after the release of my first series of fanedits (The Star Wars 30's serial Edition, aka The Silent Edition), here we are again for the new trilogy!
Starting now with The Force Awakens.
(See you next years for The Last Jedi!)
Special thanks to Q2 for the quick review on the workprint.

dw2sde.jpg

FULL FANEDIT:

You can watch all 6 other parts on my vimeo, or check my blog.

Enjoy!

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The opening title cards seem arid without music.
Would you consider a solo piano playing a Williams motif?

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
The opening title cards seem arid without music.
Would you consider a solo piano playing a Williams motif?

Nope, it was like that on the other edits. The goal here was to make it exactly like those.
But thanks for the input.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Vultural" 
To be even more precise in my answer: back in the day I used the fox fanfare and a stretched opening crawl for Episode 1, then I just went with "10 years later, blah blah blah" text cards without music for the sequels.

And thanks @"Q2"  for the review. Glad it made you want to watch the other edits.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fair enough.
It was just that the 30 seconds of silence had me testing the volume controls.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Fair enough.
It was just that the 30 seconds of silence had me testing the volume controls.

Yeah, I thought about placing a "TMBTM" logo with sound just before the edit just for that "testing sound" issue that the viewer could have.
But then I told myself the others didn't have it so I didn't use it either. Maybe I should have.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Two words: Loved it!

Thank you for making this edit, @"TMBTM" its a blast.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Left you a review @"TMBTM". Great work :)

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched this and loved it! Well done, TMBTM. I'll be sure to leave a review :)

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Impressed. The other 6 will definitely be on my watch list. Left a review. ;)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Just watched this and loved it! Well done, TMBTM. I'll be sure to leave a review :)

Thanks for bringing up that audio glitch ( a transition must have been deleted by mistake at some point), I will check this and re-upload a new version without that problem. The visual thing at 46:54 I can't tell for now if it's a flash frame or not. Looks like it could be. I'll check that too.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
The Scribbling Man said:

Thanks for bringing up that audio glitch ( a transition must have been deleted by mistake at some point), I will check this and re-upload a new version without that problem. The visual thing at 46:54 I can't tell for now if it's a flash frame or not. Looks like it could be. I'll check that too.

No problem. Let me know when it's uploaded and I'll adjust my review accordingly :)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
No problem. Let me know when it's uploaded and I'll adjust my review accordingly :)

No need, I replied to your comment on IMDB (maybe not visible yet) saying that I will check the problems.
Your review shows that you paid attention while watching the fanedit!

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, it was not really a "flash frame" from another shot but a frame of the same shot without the new Pan & Scan deplacement.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The vimeo has been updated with the little changes.

And I also very slightly uniformized the overall volume of all the edit to let lower parts be a bit louder.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was going to mention these in an eventual review, but it seems you're open to updates, mask. . . there was a spelling error and a few capitalization issues. please let me know if you want me to get into details.

my daughter and i enjoyed this edit quite a bit. it's remarkable how well the story holds up, even improves, with the removal of nonessential parts.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
I was going to mention these in an eventual review, but it seems you're open to updates, mask. . . there was a spelling error and a few capitalization issues. please let me know if you want me to get into details.

my daughter and i enjoyed this edit quite a bit. it's remarkable how well the story holds up, even improves, with the removal of nonessential parts.

Arrghh....
Ok send me a PM with those new problems... lol
and thanks for the kind words.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
Ok send me a PM with those new problems... lol
and thanks for the kind words.

will do, man.
and thank you for making an entertaining edit. :)

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The video is now updated with @"ssj" suggestions.

Top Bottom