• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: RISE OF THE EMPIRE

i definitely see that it is impossible to please everyone. it's probably also frustrating when people are "whining" about stuff.

but sometimes you gotta think "how can this reach the most people" and that's why standard formats and releases adopt a certain method.

it would be nice if this caught on here, too...

and finally this is finished.

original film name: Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace, Star Wars Episode 2 Attack of the Clones, Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith
new film name : Star Wars: Rise of the Empire
film studio name : Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox
edit crew name : lewis886
Date Original Film Was Released : 1999, 2002, 2005
Date Edit Was Released : 10/29/07
Original Runtime : apprx 7 hours
New Runtime : apprx 4 hrs
Amount of time Cut/Added : apprx 3 hours

Cuts removed/added/extended :

there are around 300 cuts in this edit, and it's impossible to list them all, but i'll do my best to list the biggest changes.

-New Title & opening scroll
-gungan speech has been altered & subtitles added
-we briefly see the gungan city, but the rest of their visit is cut, as is the planet core
-last bit of waterfall deleted scene is inserted, only part showing them entering palace
-R2D2 and C3P0 show up in a couple places, but are not referenced and almost never speak.
-many many dialogue cuts, including most of jar jar's & anakin's lines in EP1.
-no virgin birth
-all sequences with other kids on tatooine are gone.
-all references to midichlorians are gone
-almost all of the lead-up to the podrace stuff is gone
-entire podrace sequence is about 5 min long
-anakin does not build C3P0
-the deleted sequence with the probe droid is inserted
-almost all references to ?chosen one? and ?prophecy? are gone. The only 2 left in trilogy are when qui-gonn dies, and when ob1 screams it at anakin at the end of the last fight. I wanted to make it as if it was something qui-gonn said to ob1 right as he died, and ob1 kept it to himself all those years, and then it finally burst out of him at the end.
-no discussions about whether anakin should be trained or not.
-no visit to the gungan hideout, no begging for help... as far as we know there are no problems between gungans and that naboo.
-removed much of jar jar/gungan & anakin lines from final battle.
-removed ending celebration scene for EP1
-removed all of opening landing/explosion scene
-added amidala addressing senate deleted scene
-removed last half of scene in palpatine's office
-removed all of meeting amidala scene in apartment
-removed all of night apt scene, assassination attempt, and subsequent chase
-removed most of council meeting following assass. Attempt
-removed scene with yoda, ob1, & mace walking/talking in jedi temple
-added jedi temple droid analyzer scene
-removed scene with anakin & padme packing to leave, and departure scene
-added hangar scene with mace where ob1 leaves for kamino
-removed talk aboard freighter
-removed arrival scene on naboo, created montage to show arrival on naboo
-removed anakin padme meeting with queen
-removed ?sand? talk and arrival at lake house
-removed picnic scene
-jango fett now is never heard to speak, and never is seen without helmet, he is just there and does what he does.
-boba fett is completely removed
-removed dinner ?floating fruit? scene at lake house & fireside chat afterwards
-removed count dooku from the entire trilogy, and all references to him
-removed workshop scene at skywalker farm, inserted some lines into yoda meditation scene
-removed droid factory scene
-removed execution scene
-removed entire EP3 opening battle sequence, fights, landing, etc. (yeah, i'm going to get yelled at for this, it looked cool... but really it served no story purpose, was just a way to get a big battle in somehow)
-removed scene after landing with politicians greeting them
-trimmed most of grievous' lines (that voice actor was atrocious and his script was worse)
-removed balcony scene before dream (padme looked kinda creepy in that one for some reason)
-added all of three ?seeds of the rebellion? scenes
-added the scene of mace, ob1, & yoda discussing in meditation chamber (trimmed for redundancy)
-removed almost all of palpatine fighting the jedi who come to arrest them. He jumps up to face them and then it cuts so you don't see the pathetic way the other jedi die. The rest of the sequence follows from anakin's point of view, so the next time you see mace/palpatine is when anakin runs in and palpatine is laying down in window with mace over him.
-removed scene of george lucas' son putting up a better fight than all the jedi masters combined
-removed scene of yoda & ob1 fighting their way into the jedi temple (yes it was cool, but i wanted to make it so the first time you really see yoda or palpatine fight is when they fight each other)
-yoda doesn't get blasted by a lighting bolt from palpatine that he should have seen coming a mile away
-anakin & ob1 don't stop to ?chat? right before the end of the fight. Ob1 jumps up and anakin jumps up right after him.
-removed ?NOOOO? in ?birth of vader? scene, and conversation about padme
-removed ?netherworld? talk between yoda & ob1
-added yoda arriving on dagobah

All in all the edit runs about 4 hours, including all 3 sets of credits that run at the end. That makes for about 3 hours that i cut from the trilogy. (more than 1 entire film)
Here is the breakdown for the episodes...

EP1 ? 1 hr, 18 min (2 clips from deleted scenes added)
EP2 ? 52 min (3 deleted scenes added)
EP3 ? 1 hr 48 min (5 deleted scenes added)

The edit is spread across 2 discs.... EP1 & 2 run back to back on the first disc, and EP3 & the credits is on the 2nd disc. There are scene selection menus and the trailer on each disc.

As i said, there are far too many cuts to list them all, roughly 300. so there are many many dialogue cuts that i didn't list.... and when i said something like ?dooku is gone? i did not bother to list all the subsequent scenes that were removed because of that.

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information): Letterboxed - NON-anamorphic format (sorry)

Your intention for this fanedit: to remove many of the more painful aspects to the trilogy and focus the story back on palpatine's orchestration of events.

Your way to achieve your intention: removing useless dialogue, scenes, characters, and subplots... and trying to get rid of most of the things that really annoyed me.

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit): Vegas, DVD architect

Additional Comment: i started this edit way before i even knew about fanedits, and i learned a LOT in the meantime.
unfortunately this means i had to do many things over, and even now it's not perfect. there is some weird artifact-ing
going on, and it's not anamorphic widescreen... but i'm just tired of working on it... lol i hope you guys will
like what i've done with the story and the characters.

Time needed for the edition: Total real time about 1-1/2 years, actual time- don't know. i edited on and off, but it was a lot.

persons involved: lewis886..... and throwgncpr did the cover art (which is included in the file)

Additional information links:

Additional downlaod links:

uploaded to Rapidshare

been waiting for this day for a long time :) thanks so much!!!

Will have to wait for the possible AVI-version.

yeah, i hope you guys like it :) i've learned so much from doing this edit... and had i started it now... the video quality would end up a lot better (and would be anamorphic).... but oh well, that's the learning process. i just hope you guys enjoy it..... until/unless infodroid's reborn edit ever comes out... this is the way i'll be watching the prequels from now on. :)

i'll see what i can do about an avi version.... messenjah...

Congratulations lewis!!! I'd like to see it...maybe one day I will have faster internet connection......

......sooooo.......what's next? ;)

thanks, voodl.... :) was a loooonnnnngggg time in the making.

yeah, i've started my next edit already... but i'll wait to talk about that one until this one's been out for a bit and i get a bit of feedback ;)

I'll help seed this till the cows come home!

for those of you who haven't seen this edit (or never will)...
i just felt like showing you my proudest moment in this edit ;)

it is the end of the fight between Anakin and OB1 at the end of EP3.
in the theatrical version, they stop after ob1 jumps up and have this
stupid little chat... anakin says it's over for ob1... ob1 says something about
it being over because he has the high ground (like that's ever mattered in
any sort of jedi fight)... and then finally anakin jumps up... i just didn't see
any reason for that little exchange at all.... i felt there were some terrible lines
in there... none of it made sense... some bad acting by hayden... i just really
wanted to remove it and make it so ob1 jumps up and anakin jumps up right
after him. i went thru a few different versions of it until i came to this one which
i was finally happy with. i had to cut a couple of the shots up and reorganize
what order you see things in.... watch the original version and then watch this
and you'll see what i mean.
enjoy....
it's a 7mb windows media file.
http://www.astrophe.com/endoffight.wmv

I've never seen your Edit, but it looks like we both had similar ideas towards the end of the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel (and yes, that original end dialogue was f***ing atrocious :p )

yeah... i have no idea why in the world lucas had them stop and chat at all... but they at least could have said something that mattered... but no... it was all stupid lol oh well...

here's a youtube version as well....
[youtube:3s5129p7]

Have you read the FAQ [MENTION=29852]bumblebert[/MENTION]?

lewis886 said:
yeah... i have no idea why in the world lucas had them stop and chat at all... but they at least could have said something that mattered... but no... it was all stupid lol oh well...

Imho it wasn't stupid to have them chat at the end of the fight. While I agree that the dialogue itself wasn't a good one, the idea behind is was obviously to have some communication for the emotional connection between them and Obi Wan wanted to give Anakin one last chance to give up...

A fight to the end with no communication would probably be more realistic but imho not very satisfying from an emotional level.

Back
Top Bottom